1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the Lforigno Rayon Cape fit on the armory Bats? just wondering if it's loose , or easily slides off the holes.

Just ordered a stunning Tony Mei wired Cape for my Armory Batman :) Now all I need is a good solid stand for the figure. The armory with the bat figure doesn't come with a stand does it?

Just ordered a stunning Tony Mei wired Cape for my Armory Batman :) Now all I need is a good solid stand for the figure. The armory with the bat figure doesn't come with a stand does it?

there's no stand for the batman figure unforunately. luckily i had the DX02 stand already so I'm using that one

So unfair, Americans already have their Bat Armory and they've been discussing about this in the forums for several weeks now while we're almost neighbors with Hong Kong and we still don't have our Armory. Crap.

Don't get me wrong, if love to buy EVERYTHING. But space and $$$ is a factor.

I wouldn't mind getting everything SW related now that it has started, but I know that, realistically speaking, I'm just not going to be able to.

So, picking leading characters is just fine with me, tbh. Keeps my display less cluttered also.

I just started to collect 1/6 figures a few months ago. I have three detolfs and four book shelves that are being/ready to be filled. As of now I have the space to buy all the characters from Avengers, Nolan Batman, and Star Wars. So to answer your first question I guess since I have the space and love the characters I want to create a Nolan Batman shelf and get all the characters.

Great...now I have to order a stand. I wonder if he will stand by himself in a somewhat neutral pose until I get the DKR stand.

Great...now I have to order a stand. I wonder if he will stand by himself in a somewhat neutral pose until I get the DKR stand.

The set doesn't come with a stand because the suit is designed, primarily, to hang within the Armory. Unless you really like TDKR or DX12 stand, you can just buy some cheap HT stands or crotch-grabber style stands off of eBay.

Don't get me wrong, if love to buy EVERYTHING. But space and $$$ is a factor.

I wouldn't mind getting everything SW related now that it has started, but I know that, realistically speaking, I'm just not going to be able to.

So, picking leading characters is just fine with me, tbh. Keeps my display less cluttered also.

Yeah, same here man. For the Dark Knight series I'm perfectly fine with just the Dark Knight armory set with a batman figure, bruce wayne and alfred. Although I find the bruce wayne sculpt a bit lacking. I would like to add the Joker and maybe even the batman begins suit if they ever remake him. But that's it for me for dark knight. I'd love to see a Joker 3.0 though cause I think they can still do better on the heath ledger sculpt.

Star Wars is really the series that's gonna hit me hard...... Just all the various potential versions of Luke alone will be quite pricey. And you have Vader, han, emperor, and the rest of the gang.

The biggest problem now is that Hot Toys has been gradually sneaking their prices up to see how much money they can get out of us collectors without us complaining or resisting. Back just a few years ago, figures were going for anywhere from $170 to $190. Christopher Reeves Superman was only about $180 to $190 when it first came out. Then hot toys tried to push it to the $200 mark to see our resistance. Then $209, then $220, now $230 and the recent Wolverine pre-order with pretty much no accessories is going for $240 on sideshow. I think it's getting pretty ridiculous. And all this while accessories are getting less and less. Back during amazing spiderman 1, it was about $209 and it came with an alternate headsculpt. But now the Amazing spiderman 2 with no alt. head sculpt is going for $229. And a plastic Delorean is $690. The battle damaged robo which isn't even diecast is going for $295 (a price that's normally only reserved for diecast figures).

This is all getting pretty ridiculous if you ask me. At this rate I might be quitting this hobby soon cause there comes a breaking point where I feel like I'm just getting gouged. That's why I'm trying to be as picky as I can with what I buy right now cause I find the prices already pretty steep and have jumped WAY too high compared to before.

Sorry for rambling on. Just wanted to vent a bit to fellow collectors. haha.. Be that as it may, I'm looking forward to my dark knight armory set. Unfortunately, for a $600 set, HT was too cheap to even include "one" more stand for the batman figure.... pretty lame if you ask me.

Unfortunately, for a $600 set, HT was too cheap to even include "one" more stand for the batman figure.... pretty lame if you ask me.

And not doing new Bruce sculpt, just as reusing Bank Robber Joker sculpt is lame. And on top of that they made Bruce's suit the wrong color and not as well tailored as they could. The Bruce add-on to the set is pure disappointment. Prices grow, and that is also sad.

And not doing new Bruce sculpt, just as reusing Bank Robber Joker sculpt is lame. And on top of that they made Bruce's suit the wrong color and not as well tailored as they could. The Bruce add-on to the set is pure disappointment. Prices grow, and that is also sad.

Yup, I totally agree. I've been mentioning to my friends for a while how I find the bruce wayne sculpt pretty disappointing. It doesn't look that close to Christian Bale. Bale has a narrower face and chin. And his eyes are quite different from that of the sculpt. The suit def could have looked better. The bruce wayne figure really is the disappointment of an otherwise, pretty nice set. The Alfred sculpt looks great in my opinion, but that also makes the bruce wayne figure the more disappointing.

Also, it's surprising to see after all this time they still didn't really improve the cape of the batman figure.

Right now I'm just praying they redo the Han Solo and chewie sculpts cause they look super off from their prototype pics. And hoping for a slightly improved Marty too.

And yeah, we collectors should really start speaking up about this ridiculous gradual price increase we're seeing. I mean one of their best figures I've seen them do is The Mandarin. And that figure only goes for about $190 or less. And I'm sure they don't sell that many Mandarin figures compared to the other characters. But I'm sure they're still making a healthy profit off of it, which shows how overpriced some of these other figures in the $200 plus dollar range are. Even at $190 a figure it's already plenty expensive already.

I certainly agree about prices but I can't share what you're saying about Bruce. I think it's pretty good for what is obviously a 'value' set, and the paint job is superb, as is Alfred's and Batman's. Maybe one day we'll get a standalone Bruce release with a new head sculpt and a suit designed by Kato and that will be amazing. But as part of the armoury set this is more than good enough. Sorry if I'm easily pleased. I also think the money they saved on reusing bruce's HS got spent on Alfred who is beautifully tailored.

:exactly:

Unfortunately I told myself many times I do not want to start a Nolan Batman collection. But this... I feel as though I am headed down a dangerous path of overpriced figures.

This is an awesome set that I do want. The price though is not $600 for me, it is more like $3000. If I end up buying this I will need the DX11 Joker, Batmobile, Two Face, Bane, Scarecrow, Catwoman Gordon/Blake set...

I thought seriously about starting a TDK collection because I love that movie more than any other. But even if I could find Two-Face at a reasonable price I couldn't display him because it would scare my kids. That makes it easy, it means my collection doesn't have 'rules' it's just what I like. I love that scene in TDK about the bandit and I love Michael Caine's Alfred so my collection becomes the Armory figures plus Joker.

I thought seriously about starting a TDK collection because I love that movie more than any other. But even if I could find Two-Face at a reasonable price I couldn't display him because it would scare my kids. That makes it easy, it means my collection doesn't have 'rules' it's just what I like. I love that scene in TDK about the bandit and I love Michael Caine's Alfred so my collection becomes the Armory figures plus Joker.

If you love it - collect it. I remember when I was a little kid my step dad placed a toy spider over his new electronics to scare me away from touching it. In this case a Two Face may actually protect your collection. Don't get me wrong, I love kids coming over but don't touch the Hot Toys!!! :) No seriously kids, don't touch them (stare) :|

Two Face is actually a pretty good figure despite it being one of HTs earlier releases. I was quite surprised on hand how it looked. Get him if you see a good price for him.

That makes sense, I don’t have much room myself, so I am pretty selective as well. I won’t buy any of the vehicles from the TDK trilogy but I do love most of the characters, so I’ll pick them up as long as they look good (didn’t buy the DX12). The armory Batman will actually be my first 1/6 Batman figure, I initially wasn’t going to buy it but I wanted the Alfred figure, and after seeing in hand pictures and reviews I’m pretty happy with how the Batman figure turned out too.

For sure. If I didn't have the QS001 I'd totally jump on this set, as I think it's just as definitive of the Nolan Trilogy if you ask me. And the Batman figure turned out great, what a difference the reworked eyes make. Although I still believe the 1/4 is the superior figure, it might be a little unfair to compare them. But at these prices, we should, lol.

Yeah, same here man. For the Dark Knight series I'm perfectly fine with just the Dark Knight armory set with a batman figure, bruce wayne and alfred. Although I find the bruce wayne sculpt a bit lacking. I would like to add the Joker and maybe even the batman begins suit if they ever remake him. But that's it for me for dark knight. I'd love to see a Joker 3.0 though cause I think they can still do better on the heath ledger sculpt.

Star Wars is really the series that's gonna hit me hard...... Just all the various potential versions of Luke alone will be quite pricey. And you have Vader, han, emperor, and the rest of the gang.

The biggest problem now is that Hot Toys has been gradually sneaking their prices up to see how much money they can get out of us collectors without us complaining or resisting. Back just a few years ago, figures were going for anywhere from $170 to $190. Christopher Reeves Superman was only about $180 to $190 when it first came out. Then hot toys tried to push it to the $200 mark to see our resistance. Then $209, then $220, now $230 and the recent Wolverine pre-order with pretty much no accessories is going for $240 on sideshow. I think it's getting pretty ridiculous. And all this while accessories are getting less and less. Back during amazing spiderman 1, it was about $209 and it came with an alternate headsculpt. But now the Amazing spiderman 2 with no alt. head sculpt is going for $229. And a plastic Delorean is $690. The battle damaged robo which isn't even diecast is going for $295 (a price that's normally only reserved for diecast figures).

This is all getting pretty ridiculous if you ask me. At this rate I might be quitting this hobby soon cause there comes a breaking point where I feel like I'm just getting gouged. That's why I'm trying to be as picky as I can with what I buy right now cause I find the prices already pretty steep and have jumped WAY too high compared to before.

Sorry for rambling on. Just wanted to vent a bit to fellow collectors. haha.. Be that as it may, I'm looking forward to my dark knight armory set. Unfortunately, for a $600 set, HT was too cheap to even include "one" more stand for the batman figure.... pretty lame if you ask me.

No worries, I really hear you. Prices are RIDICULOUS. Do what I do now, don't pay retail and wait for deals (this board, ebay, FB, hell, SSC!)

After nearly a year of making payments its so nice to finally have the Batman Armory! Here's a pic of my setup (and man do I need to get a better camra, I look at everyone else's pics, then at mine and they're so grainy! - but here it is anyway):

Cheers,
Ken
Where did you get the backdrop? I want to make one out of of a high res picture of the armory basement, but I'm not sure if I can get a good quality print out of CVS, Staples or another printing shop.

After nearly a year of making payments its so nice to finally have the Batman Armory! Here's a pic of my setup (and man do I need to get a better camra, I look at everyone else's pics, then at mine and they're so grainy! - but here it is anyway):

Cheers,
Ken

Congrats on the pickup and nice pic! The Wayne Enterprises crate is a sweet addition. The way you have things set up, it looks like Catwoman is waiting for the three gents to scram so she can nab the goods. Or Bruce is trying to shoo Lucius and Alfred away so he can, ahem, get down to business. :lol

Wow, I did not realize how high Two Face is currently going for, insane. Same with Scarecrow. I might end up just with the armory and Joker too. I mean for one Two Face I could get two newer release Hot Toys. I still would like to track down a Bane for a good price. I have seen a couple go for $250 to $300, not that bad.

Back