1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just finished setting mine up. I would post pictures, but for some reason I'm having trouble with posting from my phone. Regardless, it took me about an hour to get everything set up and it looks fantastic. However, the only issue I had was with the cape. As I was trying to pinch one of the clips I noticed one of the wires from the top of the cape was sticking out. When I finally got the cape to stay that same wire was poking out. The only thing I could do to fix the issue was take it out. This didn't change the look of the cape, it still looks really bad from the back. That just kinda annoyed me that the wire was completely sticking out. I would be livid if I wasn't in the process of getting a Tony Mei wired Cape sent to me, but still an annoying issue. On a positive note I didn't break a belt!

Bit off topic but has anyone seen the awesome mondo posters for the batman Nolan trilogy? The begins one is awesome, just bought myself one of evil bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just finished setting mine up. I would post pictures, but for some reason I'm having trouble with posting from my phone. Regardless, it took me about an hour to get everything set up and it looks fantastic. However, the only issue I had was with the cape. As I was trying to pinch one of the clips I noticed one of the wires from the top of the cape was sticking out. When I finally got the cape to stay that same wire was poking out. The only thing I could do to fix the issue was take it out. This didn't change the look of the cape, it still looks really bad from the back. That just kinda annoyed me that the wire was completely sticking out. I would be livid if I wasn't in the process of getting a Tony Mei wired Cape sent to me, but still an annoying issue. On a positive note I didn't break a belt!

I've heard that's not an uncommon problem, the wire sticking out of the cape. Would've been nice if HT had overhauled the cape for this set.

Like I said it's not the biggest problem, but I at least expected them to send the figure out with a finished Cape. The seam was clearly still open. So, as a fix I had to pull out the wire and tuck the cape. People have been complaining about the cape on these figures for quite a long time. They should have addressed it. We certainly spend enough money on these sets.

Random question......which side did you guys put the grapple gun holster? Which side is movie accurate?

Put it on the figure's left.

You get three grapple gun holsters with the armoury. One is right handed and two are left handed.

You want the one with the handle facing backwards so his left hand could easily take hold of the gun.

I didn't even put the holsters on yet. I completely forgot about those. The belts scare me. I keep feeling I'm going to break them.

Someone's selling a armory set on ebay due to end tomorrow. Very tempted to stick a bid in as it's pretty cheap for the uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I did not realize how high Two Face is currently going for, insane. Same with Scarecrow. I might end up just with the armory and Joker too. I mean for one Two Face I could get two newer release Hot Toys. I still would like to track down a Bane for a good price. I have seen a couple go for $250 to $300, not that bad.

What's laughable/sad to some of us is that when Two-Face first came out he was cheap. Several months down the road when myself and others were selling him (I was getting "out" of Hot Toys at the time), you couldn't even get retail for him. I got $75-$85 for him! Now look at his value.

Crazy!

Yup. I bought two Two-Face figures for $70 each (so $140 for both) way back when.

Then this past Spring/Summer, I thinned out the Nolan Batman crap that wasn't Batman/Joker and got $1,000 for both Two-Face figures (sold to two different people obviously). I don't see how people can feel good throwing down that kind of dough on such a figure, but I'm not going to complain as long as they're happy and they don't back out of a transaction.

Finally finished!!! Putting on the clips on the belt was Tensed! Had me sweating trying not to break the damn belt. The only pieces that were pissing me off were the small grappling hooks, they wouldn't stay on.
jy7amuza.jpg

8ugymy3e.jpg

ary3yret.jpg

My only concern is the Crotch Armor piece seems like it will come loose over time :(

murypeja.jpg

I actually prefer the new belt... it's more accurate look. The old ones didn't have these clips, they were just glued on.

InstaSize_2014_9 _ 254905.jpg

Here's picture of my setup. I'm pretty satisfied with the look of the cape even though I had some problems. It will be okay for now. I am absolutely in love with the suit and sculpt.

Back