1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about that specific issue, but I know some of the belts in the armoury are of poor quality (I think difabio had some problems with some he bought overseas) and I had one belt break on me (the piece near the buckle wasn't glued on well enough so it came apart; I glued it back together myself).

I had what sounds like the same break. Not sure if I should contact SS or just glue it myself.

Haven't had time to scan this entire thread, so if someone answered this already please forgive - but wondered if anyone else has had issues with Batman's utility belt? This is my first Batman figure in this set, and I was at first scared of breaking it when taking it off to remove the plastic and padding... then when I did discover the place it opens on the back, now it doesn't like to stay closed real great... is this normal, or just on mine?

Thanks in advance.
Ken

I'll tell you that as this was my first Hot Toys item I defiently was stressed putting this together and taking things off. I was worried I would break something cause some stuff really needed some force to put on or take off. The empty cowl was super hard for me to get on. Also the belts were stress full opening. Ha guess I'm just an ameture.

No wait, sorry that's the same girl. Here we go. I mean, she powders herself at the beginning of the video for godsakes... :lol But I guess it's her thing. Everyone has a theme to stand out from the rest I geuss. :wink1:

Shameless! :lecture :lol

(he said after viewing all 5:44.....:yess:)

Another review of the Armory with Alfred. Not using sex to sell or anything like that.

Edit: Just watched. This might be the most wince- and cringe-inducing review on YouTube. Only watch if you are a masochist or have the time/a strong stomach/an appreciation for clusterfooks.

The twisted boots, the badly positioned gauntlets, the belt, the cape....I couldn't sleep if my figure looked like that. How hard is it to take two minutes to pose your figure if you've even been bothered to make a review?

Terrible Alzheimer's joke. Very poor taste.

Some have two.

Alexander_Knox.jpg

The more I see this set, the more I want it, and I hate that, because I want a lot of things, and I kind of got some satisfaction from being somewhat disappointed when the first pics came out, because Batman was the one "string," so to speak, that was holding up the 50 lb cinder block above my head that is a full blown TDK collection. Alfred looks great, Bruce looks way better on video, too, and I'm liking the non-neutral faceplates the more I see them on video (as I think that gives you a better idea of how they actually look, IMO). Suffice it to say, this thing can start me down a dangerous path of Gordons and Blakes and other stuff.:lol

The more I see this set, the more I want it, and I hate that, because I want a lot of things, and I kind of got some satisfaction from being somewhat disappointed when the first pics came out, because Batman was the one "string," so to speak, that was holding up the 50 lb cinder block above my head that is a full blown TDK collection. Alfred looks great, Bruce looks way better on video, too, and I'm liking the non-neutral faceplates the more I see them on video (as I think that gives you a better idea of how they actually look, IMO). Suffice it to say, this thing can start me down a dangerous path of Gordons and Blakes and other stuff.:lol

:exactly:

Unfortunately I told myself many times I do not want to start a Nolan Batman collection. But this... I feel as though I am headed down a dangerous path of overpriced figures.

This is an awesome set that I do want. The price though is not $600 for me, it is more like $3000. If I end up buying this I will need the DX11 Joker, Batmobile, Two Face, Bane, Scarecrow, Catwoman Gordon/Blake set...

I never understood why people feel the need to buy everything from a line. I'm no TDK hater by any means, but man this line has too many figures. I sold off most of my figures and in sticking only with the QS and 1/4 EB. That's it. Perfect representations of the TDK trilogy imo. I don't need everything.

I never understood why people feel the need to buy everything from a line. I'm no TDK hater by any means, but man this line has too many figures. I sold off most of my figures and in sticking only with the QS and 1/4 EB. That's it. Perfect representations of the TDK trilogy imo. I don't need everything.

Is there a movie or franchise you love where you like and appreciate how most of the characters were portrayed?

Characters like Alfred, Selina Kyle, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra's, even Blake all resonated with me after watching these films. Some people could even argue that some of the villains were more interesting than Batman.

Also each figure compliments the next when on display, I could understand where you were coming from if Hot Toys were making one of Joker's henchmen or the Mayor of Gotham, but they're not, these are essential characters in one of the greatest trilogies of all time. It's not like we're building a collection on some obscure film that was universally panned.

Try going into a Star Wars thread, or a Lord Of The Rings thread and ask the same question, those guys might rip your head off.

Last edited:
I just picked mine up from them. Got the email from them this morning letting me know my order was ready.

Well, I really like the TDK films a lot and I love all of the characters, but the deterrent for me all these years was "I'm not going to have a Joker, Bane, Catwoman, Scarecrow, etc. when I can't get a decent Batman figure (not a DX 12 fan, if you can't tell :lol). Now, between this and the Gordon/Blake 2-pack, they're essentially "starter packs" for a TDK Trilogy collection. Generally, I weigh this set against the QS 001.

One is a scale that offers for more freedom, when it comes to characters; you can have your Gordons and your Alfreds; and one is more of a "built in collection," if you will. The QS is pretty much the end all, be all TDK Batman, and, in that scale, that's really all the representation you'd need for the latter two films.

Is there a movie or franchise you love where you like and appreciate how most of the characters were portrayed?

Characters like Alfred, Selina Kyle, Bane, Scarecrow, Ra's, even Blake all resonated with me after watching these films. Some people could even argue that some of the villains were more interesting than Batman.

Also each figure compliments the next when on display, I could understand where you were coming from if Hot Toys were making one of Joker's henchmen or the Mayor of Gotham, but they're not, these are essential characters in one of the greatest trilogies of all time. It's not like we're building a collection on some obscure film that was universally panned.

Try going into a Star Wars thread, or a Lord Of The Rings thread and ask the same question, those guys might rip your head off.

Don't get me wrong, if love to buy EVERYTHING. But space and $$$ is a factor.

I wouldn't mind getting everything SW related now that it has started, but I know that, realistically speaking, I'm just not going to be able to.

So, picking leading characters is just fine with me, tbh. Keeps my display less cluttered also.

Don't get me wrong, if love to buy EVERYTHING. But space and $$$ is a factor.

I wouldn't mind getting everything SW related now that it has started, but I know that, realistically speaking, I'm just not going to be able to.

So, picking leading characters is just fine with me, tbh. Keeps my display less cluttered also.

That makes sense, I don’t have much room myself, so I am pretty selective as well. I won’t buy any of the vehicles from the TDK trilogy but I do love most of the characters, so I’ll pick them up as long as they look good (didn’t buy the DX12). The armory Batman will actually be my first 1/6 Batman figure, I initially wasn’t going to buy it but I wanted the Alfred figure, and after seeing in hand pictures and reviews I’m pretty happy with how the Batman figure turned out too.

Back