1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good points. Maybe I should order two :rotfl

Seriously though, I think I'd be mad to cancel it. It looks too damn good :clap

Comparison with a painted eyelids DX12 head w/ robbie faceplate and the new armory one. The armory one is fantastic!!!

8D2A31CF-3BA1-40A1-A3DB-F4E1462F8C9B.jpg

3D77B8D1-2E22-4FDC-B592-C4A3E0F5BEF4.jpg

71F5B04D-61C6-445A-8FB8-88EE807405B6.jpg

Never liked the Robbie faceplate (no offence to Robbie, but it was a recast anyway) it looked too big to me in the cowl. The new armoury one is perfect IMO.

Your right I was always suprised people
Bought that faceplate.
I thought it looked terrible-too large and the colour was so off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never liked the Robbie faceplate (no offence to Robbie, but it was a recast anyway) it looked too big to me in the cowl. The new armoury one is perfect IMO.

Im in the minority here with you, thats why I never bought it too. But I think it just doesnt look like Bale's, though its a tad too big.

Though I did bought the Medicom one from Kai, and even though its too big on the DX12 cowl, I can really see Bale likeness on some angle.

I've been searching for a way to afford this one, but I have no option. I have to cancel it. Too much money :(

So many people are parting out their sets, I'd be interested in seeing how much a full, MIB set goes for in a few years. Will it be much more than $625?

Nobody knows for sure but there's always a market for NRFB stuff because there are some collectors who can't stand the thought that someone else has handled the figure prior to them. Plus I'm guessing Alfred is a one-off, the Batman is better than the DX12, and the Armory - because its from TDK - is more iconic than the other one they've shown, from TDKR which I'm sure they'll get around to making eventually. Can they still improve on the Batman figure? Not without making a new suit, which I doubt they'll want to do at this point.

But obviously I could be wrong and in a few years ebay could be full of desperate sellers unloading this for $300. :)

I'm really interested in what Hot Toys will do with TDKR armory. It would be nice to get an older crippled BW and Fox but do we really need another Bats?

They could do one with the accurate shoulder separation pads, and it'd be selling like hot cakes, with poor folks trying to dump their DX12 and armoury versions for peanuts on ebay then. :lol

HT gets everything right on its TDKR Batman figure - cowl shape, squinting eyes, awesome mouthplates, tight shoulder pads, no fat thighs and a sweet-ass cape - and then the oily abs return! :mwaha

HT gets everything right on its TDKR Batman figure - cowl shape, squinting eyes, awesome mouthplates, tight shoulder pads, no fat thighs and a sweet-ass cape - and then the oily abs return! :mwaha

Let's see some respect for Hot Toys. They won't repeat their QC errors in the way you suggest. They'll make brand new ones!

I've been searching for a way to afford this one, but I have no option. I have to cancel it. Too much money :(
Totally agree....I just sit back admire peeps pics and 2 weeks later I lose interest and still have $600 in my pockets :goodpost:

If and when HT releases TDKR armory, it NEEDS to come with a batman that will make the fans go ape****. Sure, you'd think the armory should be more than enough on its own...but if you take into consideration that there are no weapons attached to the armory, and there's a new batman (BvS) on he horizon, HT needs to go all out with, for all intents and purposes, their final release of bales batman.

in order to make TDKR armory, a bare bones glass box, a must have item, the batman that comes with it must be different enough to justify buying yet ANOTHER Bale batman.

My predictions: 1-What made DX02 a significant release, and a must have upgrade to the original MMS release, was the ability to move the eyes AND switch mouth plates. TDKR batman figure should be the figure to take it further by giving us the ability to finally switch out eye plates. It's already been a separate piece since the DX02, so I don't see why HT cant provide 3 different eye expressions; fierce, calm and determined, and smoldering squint. The basic design is there, all they need to do is tweak it, add a peg or two or hell, magnets..and boom, more posing options and a simple and effective way of pleasing EVERYONE. Next up, mouth plates that are all new sculpts and not rehashed from TDK armory.

I think the suit is pretty accurate as is...but if they can redesign the shoulder armor, well, that would rock and be even more of an incentive to buy the set.

Bearded Bruce in his fathers robe is a no brainier.

A triple set with Alfred?? Hmmm...I dunno. I can't imagine they would repeat that...

Which leads to this...his bat computer. So we have THE ultimate TDKR armory set. Batman with switchable eye plates, new mouth sculpts, bearded Bruce, and computer.

Prediction 2-HT don't give a $#!+ and will rehash the same batman from this current set, along with regular Bruce in black t shirt, shorts with the leg brace, Alfred, and then call it a day.

For the second Armory set they will include a slightly updated version of this- lets face facts here. Bale's performance is iconic and will not die off like Kilmer and Clooney's shots.

There is likely going to always be a demand for Ledger and Bale related releases... even if near complete re-releases (looking at you BR 2.0). A lot of people miss out the first time around. It is the repeated/completionist collectors that need the new bells and whistles.

Back