1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to Nolan Batman figures, so I haven't had any experiences with the stock cape, which for some reason looks like it's made out of terry cloth. Are Tony Mei's custom capes the best? Do they look anything like this?

Buy some thin black material. Mine cost £5.

Use the Hot Toys cape as a template and cut around it.

Avoid spending $60.

Everybody happy (except Tony Mei).

That's what I did to make mine:

Yep, Jingo's officially my favorite HT photographer now :lol

10649795_735537683185884_6816465066673465692_n.jpg

936689_735537706519215_1355302633346809812_n.jpg

10418936_735536863185966_8481595594886742348_n.jpg

10622735_735536903185962_9058837933690232287_n.jpg

No knock against OMG but Jingobells pics really do bring out the best in this set. I see some nice improvements to the eyes and the mouths aren't bad at all. Definitely would need a Tony Mei cape though since as usual HT can't make a Batman cape to save their life.

Soooo glad they fixed the eyes! I was planning on selling my DX12 but I'm keeping him now and hopefully I can put him in the armory somehow and use the Bats from the armory to display. When it comes out, somebody please post a tutorial on how to do it lol.

Soooo glad they fixed the eyes!

The eyes looked fine on DX12. They also look fine here. The amount of paint added to this release would fit on the sharp end of a pin and still leave room for a national park. From 4 feet away the figures will look the same. From up close, you'll be invading his personal space.

Very glad selling dx12 with very high price... Woohoo... Much better than dx12
All needs to do put robbie custom plate and custom cape...

So I just bought the armory cowl off ebay fr 99 with the neutral faceplate. I don't know if I should be mad at myself or not

The eyes looked fine on DX12. They also look fine here. The amount of paint added to this release would fit on the sharp end of a pin and still leave room for a national park. From 4 feet away the figures will look the same. From up close, you'll be invading his personal space.

The eyes on the DX12 were/are horrendous. The devil is in the details.

Was that you? I was watching it but $99 with only one face was a rip off so I left it. Waiting for a better looking deal.

I knew I should have bought 10 of these armory sets. I said it when it was first announced, this is a speculator's wet dream.

So I just bought the armory cowl off ebay fr 99 with the neutral faceplate. I don't know if I should be mad at myself or not
$100 bucks just for the cowl and 1 mouth plate? You could have probably made some money if you just bought the lowest armory set and sold everything off aside from the cowl. Bit more of a hassle but $100 for just the cowl sounds absurd.

Kind of a weird nitpick but I wish they could have made the Dark Knight nameplate as detachable or able to be covered up. Kind of cheesy to have it on there.

Kind of a weird nitpick but I wish they could have made the Dark Knight nameplate as detachable or able to be covered up. Kind of cheesy to have it on there.

The pictures show the armoury displayed both on and off the stand so it is removable from what I can tell.

Agreed. One of the reasons I prefer the Toys Legend version.

I wouldn't mind getting a hold of Alfred, but I'm guessing many will be extorting disgusting sums of cash for mycocaine.

Is this for real. Crazy. I wanted the Bruce Wayne but not Alfred maybe I should have ordered the set and sold Alfred rather than just getting the armoury if someone's willing to pay that for just the cowl the what's Alfred going to be going for?

Back