1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally broke down and pre-ordered this. Did end up cancelling a bunch of other pre-order items. Glad I did. Other than Star Wars, I am a D/C fan. Glad I passed on the Toys Legend armory.

A lot of people use all manner of insulation. You can see it in the various Detolf threads. The most stealth approach is to use a clear vinyl strip, but it's difficult to find one at retail in the correct configuration - if you were buying in bulk, say a few thousand at a time, then it's easy to find them from shower parts suppliers and manufacturers.

But seriously, if people spent the same amount of time cleaning the room the Detolf is in as worrying about how to keep dust out, they wouldn't have a dust problem in the first place. Dust doesn't just spontaneously generate and it isn't in the air at all times either.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about those.

What is the difference between this and the toy legend one. I know nothing about 6th scale.

Bump /\
Also what is MMS and DX? There also appears to be 2 previous batman figs a quater scale and a "DX model" what was the difference?

Bump /\
Also what is MMS and DX? There also appears to be 2 previous batman figs a quater scale and a "DX model" what was the difference?

Quarter scale is 1/4 scale in size and mms/dx are 1/6 scale in size. The dx is a deluxe version that has more features, this all can be confusing to newcomers, hope this helped. Oh and the difference in the armories is that the hot toys one is higher quality with more accessories and a far superior bat suit that can also be a full batman figure with the switch out head. The toys-legend one looks really nice too tho.

Quarter scale is 1/4 scale in size and mms/dx are 1/6 scale in size. The dx is a deluxe version that has more features, this all can be confusing to newcomers, hope this helped. Oh and the difference in the armories is that the hot toys one is higher quality with more accessories and a far superior bat suit that can also be a full batman figure with the switch out head. The toys-legend one looks really nice too tho.

Also

MMS - Movie Masterpiece Series
DX - Deluxe

Speaking of OSB, does anybody know if they decided to go with the 3 point layaway for this? I preordered with their advanced preorder before they had a full price and they said they might offer a 3 point layaway system, but they've not mentioned it since putting up the full price. And I've pretty much given up asking them directly as they never reply.

Hey, did you send me an email? one of my customers pointed me to your post, if so, sorry I missed it, please resend with '3pointlayaway' in the subject line.

WaiMan

Hi waiman, I didn't ask you directly about the 4 point layaway as I'd emailed you a few times about various other things and never had a reply, I felt like I was constantly hassling you with emails about stuff.

I'll send you an email now about the layaway though if that's ok.

Does anyone have both the 1/4 and 1/6? how do the compare (besides the size difference)? Detail? overall look? This will be my first 1/6 purchase. Does anyone have picture of their setups and displays? I want to get an idea of how these look in a collection.

Does anyone have both the 1/4 and 1/6? how do the compare (besides the size difference)? Detail? overall look? This will be my first 1/6 purchase. Does anyone have picture of their setups and displays? I want to get an idea of how these look in a collection.

See on youtube man. 1/4 was slightly better than 1/6 in detail. Plus had better display stand etc. but this armory deal is way better than owning any of those (as in if you were to own only one set, 1/6 batman, 1/4 batman or armory set) i would advise to chose the armory set. Also, as you approach the release date and when some people will be in a stretch situation to pay for armory and other preods i anticipate you will be able to get plenty of dx12s. Many people bought multiple of multiples and i dont see all retain them. Some will, most wont.

Hi waiman, I didn't ask you directly about the 4 point layaway as I'd emailed you a few times about various other things and never had a reply, I felt like I was constantly hassling you with emails about stuff.

I'll send you an email now about the layaway though if that's ok.

OK Mate, admin day today so will sort it.

WM

Just a heads up for those in the UK still on the fence about buying this. OSB is running very low on the full set. At only £375 plus £13 postage, it is the cheapest you'll get in the UK and you don't need to pay for customs or VAT.
Get it now before they run out and you have to buy from Mother's Basement!:pray::rotfl

I don't understand why more people don't use OSB. Easily the best prices around by far, their packaging is amazing and they get their stock pretty quick considering they're in the UK.

I always recommend them when people ask about UK sellers.

Grabbed my PO. Not super pumped for this release, so it goes against my buying policies, but I have nothing scheduled for sept. If I change my mind I'll cancel. Looks like it will be a hot release either way.

I don't understand why more people don't use OSB. Easily the best prices around by far, their packaging is amazing and they get their stock pretty quick considering they're in the UK.

I always recommend them when people ask about UK sellers.

OSB has the best prices,but they had some problems with delivery of Batmobiles,Hulks,MK VII and Catwomans. They have received much later then other UK Retailers,but they are working on this problem :)

I'm waiting for last month's statement to clear so I can make a purchase for this month's bill. Just a few more days. :yess:

I'm waiting for last month's statement to clear so I can make a purchase for this month's bill. Just a few more days. :yess:

I am a bit confused, last months statement as in credit card statement? ... I am hoping there are other things on that cc apart from figures ;) to max it out!

I am a bit confused, last months statement as in credit card statement? ... I am hoping there are other things on that cc apart from figures ;) to max it out!

LOL yeah. Bills bills bills! This year I think I only have the Iron Patriot, Mark 42, Robocop, and the Armory coming in, and I will "try" to leave it at that.. :wink1:

Back