1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all have different drawbacks. Someone expensive 700 bucks, some do not. For me, very expensive. And I already have DXH12 with some mods. My opinion is: once make reissue figure and ask a lot of money for it, then they need to eliminate all the shortcomings of the DX12 and make a new sculpt of Bale. A year later, the same sculpt is not relevant.

and make a new sculpt of Bale. A year later, the same sculpt is not relevant.

It is a new sculpt of Bale. At least that's what's claimed. As far as the bat suit goes, I don't think anything has been said on the matter one way or the other, and I haven't looked at the images in close enough detail to see if it's possible to note any differences. Of course this release is so far away that they can still make changes to the suit/accessories that were not shown in the press images.

Or maybe some are just jealous that they get the figures for free.

I neither get pissed nor insulted when I know that someone who's paid/sponsored to do a review ends up saying mostly good things about the review. It's already a given, and that's how the world turns in commerce. It's still on the audiences' end to either believe what he hears, or trust what he sees. I know of some celebrities who model slimming products that they never even tried to use once and yet on camera they say a lot of good stuff -- all scripted -- about the product. You can never get insulted by even the most sly of people if you know what they do, how they do, and why they do it :)
Truthfully I think that is where a lot of the animosity towards reviewers comes from. People know that a lot of reviewers are either getting free or heavily discounted products and probably feel as though it's unfair. The thing is not every person can just start up an account doing reviews and be successful at doing so. Sure anyone can make a video review but a lot of the guys who are successful at doing so you can tell put time into making their videos and editing them properly and stuff like that.

We all have different drawbacks. Someone expensive 700 bucks, some do not. For me, very expensive. And I already have DXH12 with some mods. My opinion is: once make reissue figure and ask a lot of money for it, then they need to eliminate all the shortcomings of the DX12 and make a new sculpt of Bale. A year later, the same sculpt is not relevant.
I'll be honest, I think the criticisms of the DX12 are blown way out of proportion. A lot of stuff that people like to wab about are things that are only noticeable if you're like inches away from the figure and looking for flaws. Then again I tend to think most Hot Toys releases are pretty top notch. Sure they have misses here and there but they overall release pretty solid products.

Exactly. Anyone can TRY. Not everyone will have success. And only the successful ones are going to get the attention of the manufacturers and distributors because they have a large following.

So on the armory will it be removable from the "the dark knight" logo base, it looks like in some pics it's not there but in the shot that shows everything it's on the armory. I really prefer the movie accurate look with no dark knight movie symbol on it myself. I think it's a nice option for those who want it, as long as it's removable, IMO it makes the set look cheap. The detailed parts list page didn't list it as a seperate piece, that kind of worried me that it was not removable. What do you all think, will it be removable? :pray:

I don't need reviews to help me make my toy buying decisions. Specs and pre-order pics are good enough for me. More power to those that do them, though.

Truthfully I think that is where a lot of the animosity towards reviewers comes from. People know that a lot of reviewers are either getting free or heavily discounted products and probably feel as though it's unfair. The thing is not every person can just start up an account doing reviews and be successful at doing so. Sure anyone can make a video review but a lot of the guys who are successful at doing so you can tell put time into making their videos and editing them properly and stuff like that.

I'll be honest, I think the criticisms of the DX12 are blown way out of proportion. A lot of stuff that people like to wab about are things that are only noticeable if you're like inches away from the figure and looking for flaws. Then again I tend to think most Hot Toys releases are pretty top notch. Sure they have misses here and there but they overall release pretty solid products.
:exactly::goodpost: 100% agree with everything you said.

I tend to stay away from reviewers who get high end items for free (whether it be from the manufacturer or a sponsor). I find their reviews extremely biased, plain and simple.

The guy who got the $600 Batmobile for free is going to be a lot more forgiving than the guy who saved up for a few months and dropped his hard earned cash on it. That is just the way it is and how the world works.
Unfortunately, not many of us newbies know that. I was duped by so many transformers reviewers in my old days collecting transformers. I always wondered how they got the toys so early and also why they would spend so much time and effort to review these toys.:dunno dah

What is the difference between this and the toy lengend one. I know nothing about 6th scale, but this looks to cool to pass up. Is there a way to get bruce and alfread seperately later on? Its really expensive for all 3. When was this announced for pre-order?

I swear, every time I even mention Sean Long on this board, it sparks some kind of debate:slap
I like the guy and actually I kind of credit him for turning me into a Hot Toys fan. His reviews were my first real introduction to Hot Toys and I guess I find him fairly entertaining. I like that he goes into detail with his reviews and seems knowledgeable yet is also pretty entertaining. I just find it funny how some people like to hate on reviewers and particularly his name seems to spark so much hate from a lot of people on these boards it's kind of laughable.

Unfortunately, not many of us newbies know that. I was duped by so many transformers reviewers in my old days collecting transformers. I always wondered how they got the toys so early and also why they would spend so much time and effort to review these toys.:dunno dah

Not all reviewers are biased or accept free/discounted stuff for their services. I review Hot Toys as a hobby and spend lots of time on each review to give as honest of an opinion as possible for figures already in my collection or new figures I've saved up for. I see the point of shying away from glorified commercials of an item which are trying to cover up gigantic flaws in a figure (I.E. the face sculpt of the prototype for Hot Toys' General Zod). But if you find a reviewer who is truly passionate about collecting and about the products, it's well worth investing the time in their reviews.

I can say I've only watched one review. It was for Hulk, after I had it. I only watched as I clicked the link by mistake.
Other than that one, not interested.
I do like to read comments here about figures and on rare occasions these will point me towards a figure I didn't plan in getting.
Generally speaking, I hear if a new product and my mind us made up there and then .
This set is an instant purchase for me. Don't need a revue !!

Soo I sent Sideshow an email a few days ago, no reply and still no deposit charge on my credit card. However my order is processing. Try calling them mondayy?

Soo I sent Sideshow an email a few days ago, no reply and still no deposit charge on my credit card. However my order is processing. Try calling them mondayy?

I pre ordered mine the first day and also received the Deposit Confirmation email this morning at about 1:30am. It's showing up as pending on my card but not yet processed. Hope this info helps.

They always take a long time to answer emails. Best to call or live chat with them.

Thanks everyone, well I have to wait till monday since they are closed. I am just worried that they'd cancel my order because I didn't pay T_T

Nah, they wouldn't do that. Plus, I don't think items on SSC sell out as fast as they do on BBTS or AEC unless it's a rare SSC EX like Midas for example. Their pre-orders usually last a while, even the Thor Light Armor EX lasted a few months I think.

Back