1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we mean "DX12" as in the most recent 1/6 batman figure. I don't think anyone here truly believes they're getting the entire DX package with the armory, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've always been taking it as referring to only the body/figure.

Bit disappointed that there isn't a standalone Armory set without any figures. Most people will already have a DX12 and if they don't sure they can get the set with it.

When the TDKR Armory set arrives will that come with a DX12 too? And the batsignal, will that come with a BB suit? I really want these kits as I like to display the figures in a diorama set up but will be broke if they include a figure in every kit. :dunno

The Bats fig included is definitely the same fully articulated fig as the DX12. I see why Tommy got thrown off because it doesn't state points of articulation in the description and it should; but if you look at all of the pics it's definitely a standard fig. Plus the fact that it comes with hands a cape and you can see the foot pegs in the rear shot with the boots

I'm suggesting that surely if this was coming with a DX12 (minus the accessories) it would be labeled as such would it not? I dunno but when it comes to getting this in hand somewhere I suspect we'll see this isn't quite at the same level as the DX12 :dunno

Well since it's not the DX12 since it's just the figure, what would you call it? A Batman Collectible figure, right?

And honestly, in what way could they "lessen" the quality when it comes to the figure? They mentioned the armor over the fabric and you're getting the belt (a few actually). The figure moves and has two cowls (PERS, empty) and has new faceplates. I honestly don't see any room for interpretation.

I'll probably just get the armory with batman

It's probably cheaper than what the dx-12s are going for right now

I guess we mean "DX12" as in the most recent 1/6 batman figure. I don't think anyone here truly believes they're getting the entire DX package with the armory, etc.

I think this is a better package though. It seems that you get everything but the base, and if you didn't already have a DX12, why not?
All in all, this package seems to be a better deal than that lackluster Hulk Banner fiasco. Even at $790 (my predicted price) it also feels like a better deal over the sardine can, IM hall of armor.

I guess we mean "DX12" as in the most recent 1/6 batman figure.

Yeah I get that but I just think if it was the same 'figure' (and by that I mean body/suit) as the DX12 it would be labelled as such :dunno

Who knows maybe I'm wrong and it is the DX12 in amongst all that, if it is then if you get the 'complete' set you're essentially getting the DX12, a Bruce Wayne figure, an Alfred figure and the Armory itself. I would expect if that is the case that this would end up retailing for around $780-$800 :dunno

You very well could be correct. And I agree that 3 full figures and an environment should logically be @ $700-800. I just took all the emotion and guessing out of it when I discovered the 12% SSC mark up. Of course logic doesn't typically work here. I would guess that it a big savings by getting the set would be packaging. While 3 figures seprately may be @$200 each, the need for one box and packaging will cost less than 4 seperate boxes.

If you evaluate a greater number of figures... say for the past year... you see the mark up closer to 20%...

Last edited:
If you evaluate a greater number of figures... say for thr past year... you see the mark up closer to 20%...

I guess that depends on the source. I use a combination of Hot Toys HK and Japan. But even at a 20% mark up, were still only looking at @ $620 for the complete set.

I really wish they would have a Bruce + Armory set. A lot of the options I'm considering with the current figures/pieces I have rests on getting a Bruce + Armory set in addition to the 3-figure-set.

cowl looks improved from dx 12 to me too. is the neck shortened though? cant really tell. the bruce wayne sculpt still cant beat the toyfair's begins. this the best still:

Hot%20Toys_Batman%20Begins%20-%20Batman%20Bruce%20Wayne%20Collectible%20Figure%20%282011%20Toy%20Fairs%20Exclusive%29_PR11.jpg

and i dont understand the greying of the hair. bruce's hair is black/brownish in all 3 films. but these recent sculpts make him looks like his energy has been drained by magneto's mutant machine or something. the grey eyebrows are too much. so why not just re-release the begins's bruce sculpt instead of giving us a new but inferior version? if it aint broke...

PD1388122853hbW.jpg

Who knows maybe I'm wrong and it is the DX12 in amongst all that, if it is then if you get the 'complete' set you're essentially getting the DX12, a Bruce Wayne figure, an Alfred figure and the Armory itself. I would expect if that is the case that this would end up retailing for around $780-$800 :dunno

Exactly. I also except this to be around $800 with an NRD of $100.

Seems to me like we're getting a DX12, not just a non-posable suit with the way they're advertising this. Why bother including the original cape and all the hands?

1546412_10151817755302344_412646327_n.jpg

1479477_2046177045521532_1608183841_n.jpg

1507625_2046177078854862_1247328873_n.jpg

1524720_2046177332188170_287301994_n.jpg

I'm not much for dioramas myself + I recently acquired the QS001. If the DX12 looked like the one in this set in the first place, I wouldn't have made the jump to 1/4 scale though. Still, I think the cowl in this set isn't up to par.

Well Hot Toys Collectors Facebook is labeling the Batman part of the set as simply MMS234 - TDK - New Batman (with Batman Armory) :dunno

Yeah I get that but I just think if it was the same 'figure' (and by that I mean body/suit) as the DX12 it would be labelled as such :dunno

The only thing that's not making this a DX12 is that it doesn't come with the EMP Gun and the city hall DX stand.

They are most likely not labeling it as the DX12 b/c it's not due to it having all new faceplates and possibly an improved cowl and does not come with everything that the DX12 comes with. Labeling it as the DX12 would would be false advertising b/c it doesn't come with the EMP gun or the city hall step base. But it will be a fully functioning articulated batman figure.

Back