1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

We shoulda make a support group or something. But then again, I just noticed you arent class of 2008. Forghedaboudit then. :wave

feelsbadmanfrog.jpg

I had never heard of this meme until DiFabio.

Yeah, that's where it broke. That yellow part you see goes throughout the entire belt. With Hot Toys' shoddy glue, I'm surprised more links haven't snapped off.

As for being better than the DX 12 belt, that's up for grabs. I love that you can customize your own belt with as many accessories as you want in any way you want, but it just makes the whole thing more prone to breakage because of how fragile it is. I like the DX 12 belt because the pieces are already on there for you and can't be removed. The foam strip was also thinner than this new black one.

I instantly assembled one of the new belts and then regretted it. So fiddly and I was convinced it would snap.

I've put the belts back and I'm using the belt that came with the DX12 (without and canisters etc) and I'm putting the attachments on there.

The holster sits flatter on it too because the foam on the inside is not as thick.

Thanks for the warning, as I said earlier the belt on my Batman broke off, next to the buckle. They haven't used enough glue. it's a simple enough job to repair although I worry about putting glue in the proximity of the suit. Oh, and the very top of the crotch isn't stuck down. Don't know if this is a fault or not but if the crotch peels off that is the last HT figure I ever buy (again).

I first said this in 2008 when I got a 2 in 1 Superman figure which had a massive glue stain on the pants over the crotch. The all time worst QC problem ever, I felt like my wallet was laughing at me.

Do you have a pic?

They need to crush out the competition no matter how small they may be. Its good that it resulted HT to release this ver instead of the TDKR ver, but in the long run, Im not sure if its a good idea to let HT monopolize the market all by themself, especially for us collectors' sake.

Precisely why as a collector I don't want to see competition crushed. Competition is always a good thing for the consumer.

Yeah, that's where it broke. That yellow part you see goes throughout the entire belt. With Hot Toys' shoddy glue, I'm surprised more links haven't snapped off.

As for being better than the DX 12 belt, that's up for grabs. I love that you can customize your own belt with as many accessories as you want in any way you want, but it just makes the whole thing more prone to breakage because of how fragile it is. I like the DX 12 belt because the pieces are already on there for you and can't be removed. The foam strip was also thinner than this new black one.

That's an easy fix Fab, squeeze a drop of crazy glue onto a piece of card and dip a pin or sharpened match into it to apply a tiny amount of glue. Doesn't look actually broken. But you have probably already done that. :lol

I need some advise, I have a mint still boxed DX12 plus I've ordered the 3 pack armory, is it worth me keeping the DX12? The only issue I've got is that if you build the batman figure up you have nothing in the cabinet, I was thinking of putting the DX12 in the cabinet with the cowl etc and using the armory batman as my stand alone batman. Is that the general view of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new cowl is the old cowl. Just cast a little better, it's a little sharper. The PERS plate is new, I think the pupils are smaller and finally the faceplates. The neck post is slightly different also. It's all in the eyes.

That's an easy fix Fab, squeeze a drop of crazy glue onto a piece of card and dip a pin or sharpened match into it to apply a tiny amount of glue. Doesn't look actually broken. But you have probably already done that. :lol

Yeah, I have Gorilla glue and AA glue here, just not sure which one I should use. Any suggestions.

And even if I do glue it back, the tabs still don't fit properly into those pegs. Looks like it was molded wrong compared to the other belt.

Back