1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo review on Toys Daily

BA01.jpg

BA03.jpg

BA04.jpg

BA07.jpg

BA08.jpg

BA09.jpg

BA10.jpg

BA14.jpg

BA23.jpg

BA24.jpg

BA29.jpg

BA32.jpg

BA33.jpg

BA31.jpg

Photos of the set are great.

Got a little impatient and just bought all the weapons and gadgets for $79 from a Hong Kong seller. For two belts, all those attachments, grapples, holsters, sticky bomb gun and batarangs I figure that's a good deal. Now when I receive the whole set, I won't have to worry about taking the gear out of the armory itself and can leave them in there for display.

I reckon I'll never need another Nolan Batman accessory ever again. :lol

Photos of the set are great.

Got a little impatient and just bought all the weapons and gadgets for $79 from a Hong Kong seller. For two belts, all those attachments, grapples, holsters, sticky bomb gun and batarangs I figure that's a good deal. Now when I receive the whole set, I won't have to worry about taking the gear out of the armory itself and can leave them in there for display.

I reckon I'll never need another Nolan Batman accessory ever again. :lol
Nice! Do you have a link?

Wow, those mouth plates look like they were pasted on in Photoshop. Badly. I don't think the lighting in those photos is really helping any of the head sculpts nor paint. Not worried about the set in hand though.

Just slightly OT but does anyone know if there exists a left hand for the Begins Batman figure that can be used to hold the grapnel gun on my MMS67?

What irks me the most about the suit has always been the shoulder plates. They stick out like a sore thumb as stock. Half tempted to 3D model accurate ones and slap them on.

BA29.jpg
3682330-batman.jpg

Looks like it was a good idea to keep my 2nd order of the armory. Parted out body, cowl, boots, gauntlets, etc add up to more than the retail price...

Wow, those mouth plates look like they were pasted on in Photoshop. Badly. I don't think the lighting in those photos is really helping any of the head sculpts nor paint. Not worried about the set in hand though.

Can mouthplates that look like crap in photoset after photoset actually turn out great?

Can mouthplates that look like crap in photoset after photoset actually turn out great?

Mouth/expression aside, they don't look quite so paper-cutout in most photos, so I can only imagine they won't in person either. We'll see. The DX12 versions can use some adjustment and maybe modding as well, but they're not as obvious as what's seen in these latest photos. This is Hot Toys, they're never perfect - only people in the Star Wars forum think so. ;) So they like to give us somewhat of a kit, with a little bit of work to be done.

What irks me the most about the suit has always been the shoulder plates. They stick out like a sore thumb as stock.

At least they're black. ;)

Maybe, one day, HT will release a Batman figure as he actually appeared in TDK.
At this point I think they should just back the hell off of Batman from TDK/TDKR and the Joker. There's been about 4 TDK/TDKR Batman and more Jokers than I can count. They just cannot get it right. If they're going to do another Batman from Nolan, do a Batman Begins DX version. Best looking suit from the trilogy IMO and it can do an upgrade from the first release.

At this point I think they should just back the hell off of Batman from TDK/TDKR and the Joker. There's been about 4 TDK/TDKR Batman and more Jokers than I can count. They just cannot get it right. If they're going to do another Batman from Nolan, do a Batman Begins DX version. Best looking suit from the trilogy IMO.

I made it in jest, I know it'll never happen! :lol

I'd love a Batman Begins 2.0 (or is it 3.0, I can't remember), possibly with an armory.

Back