1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd expect prices closer to $300 for any single figure from this set on eBay, but I'm sure we'll see more reasonable prices here in the forum. When I pre-ordered the full set, I was planning to resell the Bruce figure, but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it and find a way to make it work in my display.

Wayne is up for like 188 but alfred was like 230
I'mj ust gonna buy a recast head and maybe get the clothes if I can but I have a black suit. I'd just like that red tie. I have the Winston Chruchill jacket anyway

Came across these few pics. Does the cowl look any different as compared to the dx12?

1517511_608285362577784_1692523377_n.jpg
75215_608285375911116_1172770660_n.jpg
1495493_608285385911115_1436481636_n.jpg
1512763_608285405911113_1535424634_n.jpg
1517819_608285445911109_485132806_n.jpg
1521400_608285452577775_1720177733_n.jpg
1477977_608285472577773_1404215279_n.jpg
1509317_608285495911104_31189280_n.jpg
1525122_608285505911103_298197907_n.jpg
1512283_608285512577769_1492647822_n.jpg
993831_608285549244432_922107268_n.jpg
1231456_608285572577763_1121293889_n.jpg
1463232_608285585911095_1734086899_n.jpg
1486844_608368785902775_664216676_n.jpg
1504146_608368795902774_539550359_n.jpg

Came across these few pics. Does the cowl look any different as compared to the dx12?

View attachment 105789
View attachment 105790
View attachment 105791
View attachment 105792

Hard to tell from those close up pics, as even the QS001 in close up pics has bug eyes. But going by this distant pic here below the Cowl looks the same in the eye area because in distance shots u can't notice the eyes on the QS001 because they are set so far back into the cowl.

View attachment 105796

Face plates are definitely different though.

Last edited:
Hard to tell from those close up pics, as even the QS001 in close up pics has bug eyes. But going by this distant pic here below the Cowl looks the same in the eye area because in distance shots u can't notice the eyes on the QS001 because they are set so far back into the cowl.

View attachment 105796

Face plates are definitely different though.

The problem isn't the cowl really, but the bug eyes.For awhile, I thought the eyes were okay just as long as you position them in the right position, but as time passed, it actually looked wrong no matter how you positioned it. I maybe wrong, but I also think the cowl's nose and forehead also needs improvement but those eyes are a priority HT needs to fix. But I'm pretty confident and sure that HT would definitely fix those dreaded bugeyes....:lecture

The problem isn't the cowl really, but the bug eyes.For awhile, I thought the eyes were okay just as long as you position them in the right position, but as time passed, it actually looked wrong no matter how you positioned it.

Yes but if the bug eyes are set deeper back inside the cowl like they are on the QS001 u can't notice them. Nevertheless, you are right the problem isn't the cowl but the bug eyes themselves as Bale's eyes just don't look like that. So how do u feel about the QS001 then?

I maybe wrong, but I also think the cowl's nose and forehead also needs improvement but those eyes are a priority HT needs to fix. But I'm pretty confident and sure that HT would definitely fix those dreaded bugeyes....:lecture

I doubt they will fix the shape and size of the eyes, the only thing I can see them doing is making it like QS001 but I wouldn't be surprized if they didn't change the look of the cowl at all as far the eye area is concerned.

Yes but if the bug eyes are set deeper back inside the cowl like they are on the QS001 u can't notice them. Nevertheless, you are right the problem isn't the cowl but the bug eyes themselves as Bale's eyes just don't look like that. So how do u feel about the QS001 then?

I doubt they will fix the shape and size of the eyes, the only thing I can see them doing is making it like QS001 but I wouldn't be surprized if they didn't change the look of the cowl at all as far the eye area is concerned.

For me the QS001's cowl is perfect. It's so perfect for me that I hope they just shrink it down to 1/6 scale and use that for this set. I might have to disagree with you about your doubts that HT would not fix this issue as they fixed the Tony Stark head issue before because of the negative feedback they received from the their "consumers" ;). All we really need for them to fix this is to follow this thread, hear out our complains, and put them into action.

For me the QS001's cowl is perfect. It's so perfect for me that I hope they just shrink it down to 1/6 scale and use that for this set.

Which is pretty much what I said they would do if they decided to change it. But that doesn't fix the bug eye issue, it only hides it and I thought u said the eyes were problem and not the cowl itself. So why the QS001 cowl sculpt is good it isn't perfect as the eyes are still the same shape as the DX12 just set further back inside the cowl, so u can't see them.

I might have to disagree with you about your doubts that HT would not fix this issue as they fixed the Tony Stark head issue before because of the negative feedback they received from the their "consumers" ;). All we really need for them to fix this is to follow this thread, hear out our complains, and put them into action.

Hey I am not saying they won't change it, I am just saying I wouldn't be surprized if they don't. Then again they did change the shape of the cowl for the QS001 after all those complaints so anything is possible. ;)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the pers is why the figure has bug eyes and that's why it looks better in bigger scales. I don't think hot toys is going to shrink it down

I'm pretty sure the pers is why the figure has bug eyes and that's why it looks better in bigger scales.

I think it's safe to blame it on a number of sculpting factors, but in general, PERS doesn't produce bug eyes any more than fixed eyes, judging by the other figures that have used it, such as DX07 and DX05 to pick only two. IMO, it's only an optical (no pun intended) illusion created by the high contrast of the black paint around the eyes and the relatively wide-open eye lids revealing a lot of white eyeball.

For me, it doesn't detract significantly from the figure, but then again neither do any of the cowl details. It's a figure I'm quite comfortable leaving completely unmodified.

Also of note is that the sample pictures posted have bad paint application and you can see missing paint on the bottom-left of the left bottom eyelid (bottom right of the eyelid on the right side of the photos).

Last edited:
I think it's safe to blame it on a number of sculpting factors, but in general, PERS doesn't produce bug eyes any more than fixed eyes, judging by the other figures that have used it, such as DX07 and DX05 to pick only two.

The eyes on both those figures are still abnormally large but yeah the DX05 doesn't exactly have bug eyes as the shape of bone contouring them is not circular as is the case for both the DX12 and QS001 and DX05. However, the DX05 doesn't appear to have bug eyes just large circular eyes, granted Mark Hamill's eyes are circular in shape but not as large as they are on the DX05. The large eyes don't look bug eyed on the DX05 because unlike Bale, Hamill has large eyes in real life.

IMO, it's only an optical (no pun intended) illusion created by the high contrast of the black paint around the eyes and the relatively wide-open eye lids revealing a lot of white eyeball.

That would explain why it looks better when people paint black around the eye lids but I really think it is do with the size and shape of the eyes. The simple fact is Bale's eyes are just not big and circular like this.

This is how they should look.

Or even the DX05 eyes would be an improvement.

Last edited:
I painted my DX12' s and the cowl does still look weird for some reason. I know that's another issue entirely, but I still believe is quite undersized, much like the 1/4 one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I painted my DX12' s and the cowl does still look weird for some reason.

I am not surprized they still look weird, despite what others say I don't think it makes much of a difference painting the eye lids. The reason why the cowl looks so weird is because the eyes are just the wrong shape and do not have that squint look Bale has. They should look like the eyes on the Enterbay Batman Begins figure but it is probably too hard to mimic that look with PERS, so if they made them look more like the shape of the eyes on the DX05, I think that would be passable.

I know that's another issue entirely, but I still believe is quite undersized, much like the 1/4 one.

Are you talking about the armory one or just the DX12 and QS001 having undersized heads?

Last edited:
I am not surprized they still look weird, despite what others say I don't think it makes much of a difference painting the eye lids. The reason why the cowl looks so weird is because the eyes are just the wrong shape and do not have that squint look Bale has. They should look like the eyes on the Enterbay Batman Begins figure but it is probably too hard to mimic that look with PERS, so if they made them look more like the shape of the eyes on the DX05, I think that would be passable.

Are you talking about the armory one or just the DX12 and QS001 having undersized heads?

Well, we don't know for certain if they are modifying the armory one, but both the DX12 and the 1/4 one are undersized IMO. Medicom's one is just perfect (size wise). A shame that the paint apps aren't as good.

Well, we don't know for certain if they are modifying the armory one, but both the DX12 and the 1/4 one are undersized IMO. Medicom's one is just perfect (size wise). A shame that the paint apps aren't as good.

Yeah my DX12 has the Medicom head but that is more for cowl accuracy other than proportion accuracy. I think Hot Toys heads are known for being usually undersized. However, it is not something I notice TBH and not something that bothers me with the QS001.

Another derpy Bale Batman. Looks just as bad as the DX12 head. Wasnt there some talk that they would refine the DX12 sculpt, or was that just fan speculation?

Plus it looks like they're using the old PERS starburst pattern for the iris, unlike the refined eyes used on the DX13 which looks more natural. No biggie for most people but once I noticed i couldn't unsee it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

They probably just used a DX12 head to show off the new mouth sculpts for the time being. Whether they end up just recasting it or making changes for the final piece is anybody's guess. It's always a surprise. Hopefully it will be a pleasant one!

Any update on the release date? This is my first pre-order (with OneSixthBruce) and I feel a little anxious that I paid quite bit for it months ago, and is taking a risk if the company goes bust. Who would have guessed a large company like ModelZone would go bust!

Any update on the release date? This is my first pre-order (with OneSixthBruce) and I feel a little anxious that I paid quite bit for it months ago, and is taking a risk if the company goes bust. Who would have guessed a large company like ModelZone would go bust!

Why PO with them at all if that's your fear? It'll be months before this is released

Back