1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem is they won't fit the armor. The chest is too big so you need to do a Frankenstein body. I took a kaustic kp02 body and modified it using the upper body (kp02)and thor lower body. Then had to swap out the head joint from the avengers thor to the kaustic. After all the joints lined up, had to cut off material to get the belt to close. Wasn't fun

Of course if you don't care about the belt closing you don't need to do all the crap I went through. The back straps are covered by the cape after all.

Hokie is right, I should have said seamless. Dutch and Chris Redfield bodies are well over $125. I was looking at a Bane body but that goes for over $100

Problem is they won't fit the armor. The chest is too big so you need to do a Frankenstein body. I took a kaustic kp02 body and modified it using the upper body (kp02)and thor lower body. Then had to swap out the head joint from the avengers thor to the kaustic. After all the joints lined up, had to cut off material to get the belt to close. Wasn't fun

Of course if you don't care about the belt closing you don't need to do all the crap I went through. The back straps are covered by the cape after all.

Hokie is right, I should have said seamless. Dutch and Chris Redfield bodies are well over $125. I was looking at a Bane body but that goes for over $100

Yup seamless ones. I think the KP02 body is quite nice though.

Most people just took Bane or ttm20 arms and did a simple mod with the avengers Thor. I agree the work you did would not be pleasant. But there are alternatives if somebody would want to get a sleeveless Thor look.

Now when we talk about seamless, yes that is more expensive which is definitely the golden egg with this version, not withstanding the black hole armpits this one has. :lol

Most people just took Bane or ttm20 arms and did a simple mod with the avengers Thor. I agree the work you did would not be pleasant. But there are alternatives if somebody would want to get a sleeveless Thor look.

Now when we talk about seamless, yes that is more expensive which is definitely the golden egg with this version, not withstanding the black hole armpits this one has. :lol

I agree but I guess this being official HT Thor and all helps with its value and also no mods needed. No need to rip open the suit and re-glue it etc. I think the new body looks great. All depends on how the arms last. If it lasts, so will the price until a new seamless body is released.

The armored thor will def drop in value. There seems to be alot of the regular HT's around these days and with the AOU version similar (silver instead of gold) but likely to have maybe different accessories and head sculpt if made, would make the TDW armored version almost pointless. You can always print out the asgardian rune yourself.

Well pointless is a little rough,:) but I understand with the standard TDW how people could feel that way. I look at it to be able to upgrade the avengers portrait and body if that is a negative point on a version someone has now. If a collector missed out on Thor all together the TDW is a good version to get as some may not be off put by some silly colored badges. I like variety and options with figures so it's al good to me.

Well pointless is a little rough,:) but I understand with the standard TDW how people could feel that way. I look at it to be able to upgrade the avengers portrait and body if that is a negative point on a version someone has now. If a collector missed out on Thor all together the TDW is a good version to get as some may not be off put by some silly colored badges. I like variety and options with figures so it's al good to me.

Yup though some people just need one version of him so AOU is probably the version to have. Unless they blow the head sculpt. I'll be sticking with my TDW sleeveless version. I do like the variety and options though as you mentioned. At least something different and not 2.0 or 3.0 versions of the same thing like some DC characters. *cough*bat*cough*

Perhaps, but no HT Thor figure has ever set the house on fire for being a pricy figure. The V1 and the avengers are still plentiful and are easy to obtain today. I think the new TDW thor will be available when the avengers comes out next year. Thor while in spirit is one of the "Big Four" I doubt this light armor will command much premium.

You're right that the only 2 Thor figures made so far are not pricey in the secondary market. I would say that's largely due to the costumes being so similar that not as many feel compelled to have more than one version in their collection, unlike Captain America whose modern and WWII suits are very different. Also, HT has made vast improvements with each Thor version, unlike the various IM armors (minus MK I 1.0) that still all hold up with the best work being produced today.

This sleeveless one is the first limited/exclusive Thor, which is the main factor that will most likely make this more desirable down the line, it's unique enough so that many will feel warrants a second version in their collection, and the quality bar is now set high enough with this one (as compared to the previous 2) that I don't think it will be made obsolete by future versions as quickly. I'm sure this version will be for sale by many next year, only question is if he'll be $400+.

And no "in spirit" about it, Thor is one of the Big Four Avengers.

Last edited:
I keep hearing how limited/exclusive LA Thor is but I'm having flashbacks of Midas where people went bananas spending over $600 on eBay to grab one before Sideshow finally got him in months later lol. Hot Toys doesn't like to line the pockets of secondary market sellers anymore so if this version does skyrocket in price it would be a pretty safe bet we see more waves of wait list conversions and online retailers getting them back in stock.

I keep hearing how limited/exclusive LA Thor is but I'm having flashbacks of Midas where people went bananas spending over $600 on eBay to grab one before Sideshow finally got him in months later lol. Hot Toys doesn't like to line the pockets of secondary market sellers anymore so if this version does skyrocket in price it would be a pretty safe bet we see more waves of wait list conversions and online retailers getting them back in stock.

You've just answered your own question (so to speak), people paid a premium for Midas because they didn't want to risk SSC not getting him, this is completely different. Once the LA Thor has sold out that'll be that, no one will be getting him again

You've just answered your own question (so to speak), people paid a premium for Midas because they didn't want to risk SSC not getting him, this is completely different. Once the LA Thor has sold out that'll be that, no one will be getting him again
Midas is not the only example of this chatter, one of many, but just the first that came to mind. We shall see.

But this Thor sat around forever before selling out. I think people are just getting up in the buzz with this figure because it's the latest marvel figure to come out. I think we can all agree the appeal of iron man greatly outweighs the appeal of thor for hot toys. LOL.

Agreed. This thor is getting parted out like crazy on ebay, I think the sellers are wanting to get the $$$s from the body, base and headsculpt now knowing this figure will fade in the near future.

You're right that the only 2 Thor figures made so far are not pricey in the secondary market. I would say that's largely due to the costumes being so similar that not as many feel compelled to have more than one version in their collection, unlike Captain America whose modern and WWII suits are very different. Also, HT has made vast improvements with each Thor version, unlike the various IM armors (minus MK I 1.0) that still all hold up with the best work being produced today.

This sleeveless one is the first limited/exclusive Thor, which is the main factor that will most likely make this more desirable down the line, it's unique enough so that many will feel warrants a second version in their collection, and the quality bar is now set high enough with this one (as compared to the previous 2) that I don't think it will be made obsolete by future versions as quickly. I'm sure this version will be for sale by many next year, only question is if he'll be $400+.

And no "in spirit" about it, Thor is one of the Big Four Avengers.

I've seen him going for 400+ on eBay already

I've seen him going for 400+ on eBay already

sucker.jpg

Back