1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

I dont understand all of the complaining. Id love it if they gave us two versions of every figure. It gives us a choice. I like them both a lot, but not sure if i'll get either. Depends on the movie and the price of the figures.

I like the base. May pick that up and slap an MOS nameplate on it and give it to Sups

I need a Thor, i'll pick this one up if the price is right.

Definitely getting this version, if not, the other one looks amazing anyway

I must admit, I really prefer the overall look of this version, but would love to have the option for both looks without shelling out for two whole figures.

Here are the specs, Fred

Thank you. I've just got back from work so have now updated the titles and first posts of both threads.

I'm guessing 220 for the regular and 260/270 for the exclusive( Sleeveless Version) ?

And they didnt use a recycled base sick....

its the exact same base a Evil Superman looking at it right now lol.

its the exact same base a Evil Superman looking at it right now lol.

The Evil Supes base has yellow lane lines and a few white road markers I believe. The sculpted bases look different in terms of rock placement, size, and color.

Can anyone speculate or offer any insight as to HOW difficult this version might be to get?

I'm really not loving this 'select market' garbage that HT is suddenly doing. Granted, SS does it too, but I'm one of those people who flat out refuses to pay inflated ebay/secondary market prices...I just won't.

It would still seem to reason that HTs largest customer base is North America, where these movies originate, and it's stupid to eliminate them from the market on this figure. What does it do for their bottom line? Nothing! It just lines scalpers pockets and shortens sales when they'd probably sell a helluvalot more.

It stings this particular time because honestly Thor has never been high on my priority list, yet this is the FIRST incarnation of him I feel compelled to buy because of just how great he looks.

Can anyone speculate or offer any insight as to HOW difficult this version might be to get?

I'm really not loving this 'select market' garbage that HT is suddenly doing. Granted, SS does it too, but I'm one of those people who flat out refuses to pay inflated ebay/secondary market prices...I just won't.

It would still seem to reason that HTs largest customer base is North America, where these movies originate, and it's stupid to eliminate them from the market on this figure. What does it do for their bottom line? Nothing! It just lines scalpers pockets and shortens sales when they'd probably sell a helluvalot more.

It stings this particular time because honestly Thor has never been high on my priority list, yet this is the FIRST incarnation of him I feel compelled to buy because of just how great he looks.

Don't worry about it. Watch Sideshow, they'll get it. This won't be as hard to get as the Mark VII BD. And, if anyone gets ****ed, it'll mostly be Canadians anyway :monkey3

No telling yet, but I bet it'll be easier to get on the secondary market for a slightly higher price than retail. Thor doesn't have the type of fan base Iron Man has. I don't think this will be that hard to get.

Back