1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the figure so far. Only gripes so far is the articulation and the cape. It's tough to get him to look good in any pose where his arm is lifted higher than just above neutral. His shoulders are low so when his arms go up, they look disconnected.

The cape is great except the creases in it have lost a bit of their shape. Normally you can just fix that by lightly ironing it but there's 2 layers to the fabric, 1 for the front(faces Thor's back) and 1 for the back. The problem I find is that the creases on the back don't match the creases on the front so getting them to line up and ironed smoothly is a pain in the arse it seems. Right now, best I was able to do was fix up the shape of the cape in the back but on the front, it's been smoothed out save for 2-3 folds that did manage to line up.

Kinda wished it was just 1 thicker layer or have both layers sewn together to match the actual costume.

thor-dark-world-set-pic-hemsworth-9.jpg

WP_20140717_005.jpg

Other than those 2 problems, I love this figure. Head sculpt is amazine, costume is great, the shine on the arms definitely translate to being more armored look than rubber. Can't wait to get 42 and Cap to fit the big 3 together :D

Last edited:
That Cap and Iron Man fits pretty awesome. Just Thor seems a little out of place lol. Oddly enough, he's the one that looks medieval, but I perceive it as he has the most futuristic suit.

my big 3 set up is gonna be golden age cap, dark world thor and mark 7. thor comes in tomorrow i can't wait.

I thought Golden Age Cap looked amazing in protos. But then it came out looking a little too big. Fat almost due to the body. Still, its nearly impossible for me to get my hands on the exclusives. Still no one trying to fit the helmet on this guy?

I thought Golden Age Cap looked amazing in protos. But then it came out looking a little too big. Fat almost due to the body. Still, its nearly impossible for me to get my hands on the exclusives. Still no one trying to fit the helmet on this guy?

I don't think most have it yet.

probably the 43(reversed MK42 colors) but the VI showed up in a lot of early Avengers stuff and then the VII was the Main suit
I guess there will be multiple suits. Why not make the big 3 with the Hulkbuster? Hahaha. I friggin love Cap's suit design in AoU. So bad ass. And Ultron himself is a must buy for me if HT is making him.

I guess there will be multiple suits. Why not make the big 3 with the Hulkbuster? Hahaha. I friggin love Cap's suit design in AoU. So bad ass. And Ultron himself is a must buy for me if HT is making him.

Ultron is no.1 in my book, and Cap looks good in every movie haha...... I would love a better Hulk figure

now I think Iron Man will get a new unseen suit in the 3/4 of the movie just like Avengers, its definitely possible and even likely

Thor has arrived at the retailers in Malaysia. So I guess I'm getting him pretty damn soon. Waiting for my call to go pick him up.

Back