1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were the Hulk arms made out of a material that is easily damaged over time, a bit like Leonidas etc?

I haven't seen any issues with Hulk but I imagine that's because of the thicker material used. I have Thor pre-ordered because I need him for my Avengers shelf and I'm a bit more worried since the armor is sculpted right into the arms which I would think makes the rubber thinner. If the arms does end up cracking I would probably just swap the body for a HT Muscle Body.

I pre ordered tis too, I hope we get to see the Thor Avengers 2 leaked costume before this one releases so that I can decide if I should wait or not.

Can we talk about the arms please? Am I expecting a figure that can only articulate at the shoulders and wrists, but not at the elbows? Is that just a solid arm then??

Can we talk about the arms please? Am I expecting a figure that can only articulate at the shoulders and wrists, but not at the elbows? Is that just a solid arm then??

Thor is getting the Hulk treatment on the arms; i.e. PVC covered skeleton. It'll actually have better articulation than the Avengers figure.

This will be the first Thor figure i own, and my first foray into an Avengers display. I hope I like the designs from AoU. I love Cap's suit from the pics we have seen. I liked this movie well enough, but I really like the way the captured Hemsworth in this sculpt. Plus this is to me the best his costume has looked. Hope he turns out great.

This'll be my first Thor as well. It'll look good next to Tony Stark and Cap. Can't wait until September.

Really great head sculpt. Didn't like the movie and Thor is not a favorite superhero, but this head sculpt... I'm waiting for pics of the final figure...

Me too, the movie wasn't terrible but wasn't as good as the first IMO. I think they have yet to land a good Thor Villain on screen!

Me too, the movie wasn't terrible but wasn't as good as the first IMO. I think they have yet to land a good Thor Villain on screen!

I liked it more than the original, but I agree neither has been an ideal Thor film. I want it to be more Lord of the Rings, less alien stuff. I would love for them to adapt the God Butcher/God-Bomb story. It does a great job of showing who Thor was/is/will be. Plus Gor was an awesome villain.

I liked it more than the original, but I agree neither has been an ideal Thor film. I want it to be more Lord of the Rings, less alien stuff. I would love for them to adapt the God Butcher/God-Bomb story. It does a great job of showing who Thor was/is/will be. Plus Gor was an awesome villain.

Yeah those are my feelings about the Thor films so far. TDW felt like it wasn't sure if it wanted to be sci fi or fantasy. I liked it and didn't at the same time. I will say I'm really thinking of grabbing this figure, because I love the modern Thor look. Just wish SS or HT would do a 1/6 based on Coipel's original Thor design. This is close but don't really want 2 or more Thor figs. But the more I look at him the more I like him.

Yeah those are my feelings about the Thor films so far. TDW felt like it wasn't sure if it wanted to be sci fi or fantasy. I liked it and didn't at the same time. I will say I'm really thinking of grabbing this figure, because I love the modern Thor look. Just wish SS or HT would do a 1/6 based on Coipel's original Thor design. This is close but don't really want 2 or more Thor figs. But the more I look at him the more I like him.

I think HT just have the movie license, Sideshow have some modern Thor PF's out, but yeah I'm into 1/6 more than PF too

I think HT just have the movie license, Sideshow have some modern Thor PF's out, but yeah I'm into 1/6 more than PF too

Oh I know all about the Modern Thor PF, have him coming too. I've been looking for a 1/6 Thor, not sure if any AoU Thor pics have surfaced yet.

Oh I know all about the Modern Thor PF, have him coming too. I've been looking for a 1/6 Thor, not sure if any AoU Thor pics have surfaced yet.

Not that I've seen, might be soon though, he could be revealed closer to Comic Con, I'm expecting at least a preview by then, or at showings of Guardians of the Galaxy

I think it was originally November so a 2 months bump is already pretty good. With all the upcoming Winter Soldier pre-orders though, it puts me in a tough pickle. Don't really want to cancel this as I was hoping to create an Avengers collection w/ pieces from the new movies that I didn't get from the initial release.

I think it was originally November so a 2 months bump is already pretty good. With all the upcoming Winter Soldier pre-orders though, it puts me in a tough pickle. Don't really want to cancel this as I was hoping to create an Avengers collection w/ pieces from the new movies that I didn't get from the initial release.

I currently have 3 figures coming in september! BW, GA Cap, and Thor Light Armor. Absolutely can't cancel any of those...so bring on the pain! :lol

Back