1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work in progress...Ya'll!!! Thanks for the feedback fellas...
Still making a few modifications. With this type of body that Hot Toys chose for West's Batman (which i don't particularly like) you have to fill out the ab region...with just enough thin foam to give the figure a symmetrical look. I think i got it right now, and still have the articulation i wanted. See new pics below..........

102_7407_zpsd7cec7db.jpg
[/url] [/img]
102_7407_zpsd7cec7db.jpg

It's looking better than the first pics. Having any suit snag problems with all the handling you've done?

I personally really like the way the stock body looks, it's a nice departure from standard "hero" look that every figure has. Maybe that's just me.

My Tony Meis suit arrived today and it simply raises the figure to a whole other level IMHO. I need to raise that shoulder seam up a bit after viewing the pic, but beyond that what you're looking at is...dare I say it...sheer perfection.:yess: :clap

Attachments

• 66 bats 1.JPG
    66 bats 1.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Robin arrived today. Quick photo of the Boy Wonder.

_MG_2297.jpg

Suit is more durable than Batman's which is welcome news.

Proof of concept from Lee in MI and myself. Lee is still taking wait list over on the interest threads. Check it out if you too think ya gotsta have this accessory! My vid is not as cool as thitw's, but it gets the point across. Enjoy.

Robin arrived today! I am a Robin fan and I don't care who knows it. Burt Ward was great in the role and my dad bought me a Tim Drake Robin trade paperback when I was in my very early teens. The right age! Never had a problem with Robin. The figures are great on their own, but perfect together.

IMG_0140a small.jpg

Small warning: the cape is held in shape by a couple of fragile threads. I had assumed they were studs. I started copying a picture of Burt Ward in which he is holding his yellow cape out wide round his arms and I heard a 'snap!'. Still looks okay, as the thread didn't break all the way, but the threads would leave holes in the cape if you tried to take them out. Just leave the cape as is! No dramatic cape moves like with Batman.

Oh, and one thing: Robin does seem to have gigantic feet.

Back