1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting delivered today.........:yess:

batsui-dance.gif

After reading Michael Crawford's review on West-man.. I haz a bit of a sad.

The suit HT went with really is utter **** in terms of it's durability, it seems. :monkey2

Sidehosw flubbed my order with Flex, etc. Wound up charging and shipping only Robin and putting Bats on a flex! Robin will be here tomorrow. Alone. :monkey2

After reading Michael Crawford's review on West-man.. I haz a bit of a sad.

The suit HT went with really is utter **** in terms of it's durability, it seems. :monkey2

Same here, buddy. The comments from our fellow boardies regarding the suit being very delicate already got me worried, and Crawford's review was the last straw. After reading the review I contacted Tony right away. I am not one to spend extra on top of the premium we pay for these figures but West Batman is something I know I'd keep so I thought I might as well invest to make it look better and last longer.

Wouah! thank you to everyone for your messages and your welcome, my name is David and I will try to make other videos, normally the next will be ED 209.

I concur with the gents! Definitely the freshest and most creative unboxing video I've seen! Looking forward to seeing more vids from you, buddy! :clap

Yeah, HT seems to lack research when it comes to looking for better cape materials. That or they just settle for the cheapest option. :lol
There could be a logic to it, in that stiffer capes can hold a kind of pose better than the thinner, more flexible ones. But they aren't as screen accurate of course. I like what they did with Reeve Superman, but haven't been satisfied with any of the Batman capes so far, and I've had 6 different HT Batmen at this point.

Now I'm getting really scared about purchasing this guy. Maybe if I wear a Hazmat suit to handle it and pose it I might not mess it up. Yeesh...
Why Hot Toys, WHHHHYYYY?!?!?!?

Robin has arrived. The Dynamic Duo is complete! Both figures have exceeded the expectations I had for them. Just goes to show you what Hot Toys can do when they take a little less time making Iron Man and Predator figures.

wiwlsk.jpg

2a7gcqv.jpg

2qch53p.jpg

27zuwh.jpg

Would love feedback from those of you that have received BOTH.
I definitely ordered Batman, had to have it, a very nostalgic piece for the collection.
As campy as the 66 Batman suit was, Robin's for me was always even tougher, especially with the white pantyhoes and pointy shoes.
Hot Toys IMO nailed the source material, but I had pre-ordered Robin, and then cancelled and am now on the fence about ordering and keeping.

Really what I was wondering from folks with both is do you feel that having Robin in hand, enhances having Batman?
I don't necessarily want the Robin figure, but is it one of those things where it feels incomplete without both?

Hope my question makes sense!

Now I'm getting really scared about purchasing this guy. Maybe if I wear a Hazmat suit to handle it and pose it I might not mess it up. Yeesh...
Why Hot Toys, WHHHHYYYY?!?!?!?
People were talking about wearing gloves, but I don't think it would really matter. It's not oily skin that is making the suit have problems, it's just touching and moving it I think. And as mentioned, some of the issues are there right out of the box.

I definitely ordered Batman, had to have it, a very nostalgic piece for the collection.
As campy as the 66 Batman suit was, Robin's for me was always even tougher, especially with the white pantyhoes and pointy shoes.
Hot Toys IMO nailed the source material, but I had pre-ordered Robin, and then cancelled and am now on the fence about ordering and keeping.

Really what I was wondering from folks with both is do you feel that having Robin in hand, enhances having Batman?
I don't necessarily want the Robin figure, but is it one of those things where it feels incomplete without both?

I wouldn't buy it if you don't want it. You'll just end up selling it eventually.

Your question makes perfect sense. Obviously this is a personal decision. As a huge fan of the show, I can't imagine having Batman without Robin. Unlike the modern day Dark Knight, these two characters as they appeared on the show were inexorably entwined. We are talking Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, the Lone Ranger and Tonto, Dan Rowan and **** Martin...these two are a must have together.

What's the price for Tony's suit/cape combo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was the price quoted to me a month ago:
Batman 1966 custom two piece suit- $65+SH $7 in USA or $11 International
Batman 1966 custom cape- $45+SH $7 in USA or $11 International
Discount available for repeat customers, contact him at [email protected] for more info

Delayed til tomorrow...............:gah:

I guess it had something to do with that big ass storm...............FU storm........:pfft:

He told me $85 for the suit and $55 for the cape, or $120 for both. I know it's worth it in the long run with the fragility of the Hot Toys suit, but after paying $200 for the figure in the first place, another hundred is a real blow to the wallet.

Back