1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I can't get into this Batman series. It's like a different character. I don't see Batman at all. But I did show them to my boss who said "Oh I am definitely buying those" even though he's never collected HT in his life. Then I showed him the price and he said "I am definitely not buying those." I think he's going to go for those mattel versions

I used to watch this programme as a child and I loved it for what it was. Do I want a figure from it? No. Can't believe people are ao excited about a window in the back of the box? A cardboard flap.....amazing.

I used to watch this programme as a child and I loved it for what it was. Do I want a figure from it? No. Can't believe people are ao excited about a window in the back of the box? A cardboard flap.....amazing.
It's just a nice touch and kind of a cool backdrop. Not sure why that upsets you so much.

To each is own eh? I, for one, simply cannot wait for these. I also watched the show a child and loved it. I've very recently been re-watching it with my six year old (who also loves it) and still love it, though in a different way. As a kid, I took it rather seriously and didn't catch on to the campiness of it. As an adult, I love it for that same campiness plus it is a huge nostalgia trip for me. Sure Adam West isn't as cool as the Bale Batman, or the Keaton Batman, or heck, even the Superfriends Batman. He's not the "Dark Knight", he's the "Caped Crusader". And yes, the window in the back of the box is pure awesome sauce!

Oh yeah, and '66 Batman and Robin **** all over Schumacher's Batman and Robin :)

The appeal of the '66 Batman is nostalgia. Most of us, not all of us, grew up with the show. We had Mego figures and that was it. We dressed up as Batman and Robin whenever we had a chance, especially for Halloween. This is a long awaited dream for us, the figures, the Batmobile, etc. I watch the show on DVD with my daughthers, they love it. We have also been to a Comic Con so we could all meet Adam, Burt, Julie, and Lee. My kids were almost as excited as I was. This is something that goes beyond simply collecting 1/6 figures.

The appeal of the '66 Batman is nostalgia. Most of us, not all of us, grew up with the show. We had Mego figures and that was it. We dressed up as Batman and Robin whenever we had a chance, especially for Halloween. This is a long awaited dream for us, etc., etc.

Perfectly stated! Ditto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66 Batman looks amazing!!! Can't wait for him to arrive. I wasn't born when the show first aired, but saw it on syndication in the 80s when I was little so he was my first Batman. And it hooked me into being a huge Batman fan all my life. I'm psyched the DVDs are finally being released :)

Like others said, its a very nostalgic show for a lot of different reasons for a lot of different generations. He was really the first big screen Batman that everyone knew and loved. (Not many knew the 1943 screen version). But Adam West to this day is still known as Batman when he is in public. When I was little, I went to a car convention and they had the 66 Batmobile on display and to this day its one of my fondest memories as a little kid. I was so amazed to see it. Everyone was, it was a huge attraction, huge lines I remember waiting to see it. I don't think it made a lot of public appearances back then, and there weren't lots of replicas either like there are now.

So people like me who weren't around when the TV show first aired, really appreciate and love this Batman. When HTs announced them I was so psyched!!! And they did an amazing job with him. I hope the batmobile gets released soon as well :)

The appeal of the '66 Batman is nostalgia. Most of us, not all of us, grew up with the show. We had Mego figures and that was it. We dressed up as Batman and Robin whenever we had a chance, especially for Halloween. This is a long awaited dream for us, the figures, the Batmobile, etc. I watch the show on DVD with my daughthers, they love it. We have also been to a Comic Con so we could all meet Adam, Burt, Julie, and Lee. My kids were almost as excited as I was. This is something that goes beyond simply collecting 1/6 figures.

Amen brother!

I too had the Megos (and also dressed up as Batman for Halloween),even had the first Batman and Robin with removable masks. Sadly they are long gone, but even at the time (though they were cool) they weren't like the Batman and Robin in the TV show. Now that the licensing is straightened out, all these years later, and we are finally getting merchandise from the show, I am over the moon! I picked up the Mattel Batmobile and Batman figure and while they are cool, I am really looking forward to HT's Batman and Robin.

Last edited:

Why the need to damper other people's excitement on what they like? Lots of people adore the Adam West Batman and we're way long overdue for a high end 1/6 figure.

The windows flap says 'attention to detail' to me. A little Easter Egg that's shows the care put into recreating this licence.

Personally I don't really care what people think. It's my choice and mine alone to get these figures. Some like them some don't. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as its not enforced on anyone and just stated that's fine. I was a kid when the program was out and for me it is the nostalgic memories. I know there are better and more attractive hot toy figures that have been produced but these will still sit in my collection.

I like the figure. However, (Only Gripe!) What kind of TTM body are they using under the hood? Looks like this particular body is giving him a "Thick" waist/back support look (like a Corfit Industrial Back Support Belt.....See pics below), killing any chance of having realistic looking abs. I might have to switch this body with a Chris Reeve/Superman body depending on how the head/neck post sits. HT's you guys drop the ball with 66 Batman's waist/abs area........OH well; more work for me....custom time. :slap

Batman's Ab area looks like he's wearing product below.......Why?
lsb-7500-corfit-black-ls-how-to-5.jpg

I can hear the Riddler saying "What's going on here, What gives"........Abs wise!!!
Batman1966HD5_zpsae6f3f4f.jpg~original

May have to cancel this Pre-order.......!!!
Batman1966HD30_zps0153a705.jpg~original

Don't understand why people can't just embrace the fun of this release? The cardboard window? Fantastic piece of throwaway kitsch, HT didn't need to bother, but they did. The box art? Wonderful. We should be celebrating that HT are releasing figures from the past, not just Avengers2, Thor2 and another Captain America. This reminds me of the time when HT used to release things like Planet of The Apes and Mars Attacks... Bravo!!

:exactly:

Well said Rory. Can't wait for Bats to arrive, add some colour and fun to the collection. Are you getting him?

Last edited:
Batman and Robin will bring some much needed whimsical comedy to everyones shelf, which are mostly full of rightous superheroes, pissed off villains, bloody cyborgs, lifeless armored suits and ferocious alien monsters :yess:

Don't understand why people can't just embrace the fun of this release? The cardboard window? Fantastic piece of throwaway kitsch, HT didn't need to bother, but they did. The box art? Wonderful. We should be celebrating that HT are releasing figures from the past, not just Avengers2, Thor2 and another Captain America. This reminds me of the time when HT used to release things like Planet of The Apes and Mars Attacks... Bravo!!

:goodpost::exactly:

66 Batman looks amazing!!! Can't wait for him to arrive. I wasn't born when the show first aired, but saw it on syndication in the 80s when I was little so he was my first Batman. And it hooked me into being a huge Batman fan all my life. I'm psyched the DVDs are finally being released :)

Like others said, its a very nostalgic show for a lot of different reasons for a lot of different generations. He was really the first big screen Batman that everyone knew and loved. (Not many knew the 1943 screen version). But Adam West to this day is still known as Batman when he is in public. When I was little, I went to a car convention and they had the 66 Batmobile on display and to this day its one of my fondest memories as a little kid. I was so amazed to see it. Everyone was, it was a huge attraction, huge lines I remember waiting to see it. I don't think it made a lot of public appearances back then, and there weren't lots of replicas either like there are now.

So people like me who weren't around when the TV show first aired, really appreciate and love this Batman. When HTs announced them I was so psyched!!! And they did an amazing job with him. I hope the batmobile gets released soon as well :)

Great thoughts!!!:goodpost:

Back