1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Payments for both went through today. I'm really excited about these two. The new pics look great!

this figure looks absolutely incredible. seems to have exceeded my expectations. hopefully robin isn't too far behind. the box gimmick is very clever. nice touch, though i doubt i would use it as such.

I'd love to get a Julie Newmar Catwoman, but I really hope that we get a Yvonne Craig Batgirl.

I do sort of agree that Batman's belt doesn't look the greatest. Hopefully it looks a bit better in person. It comes off looking a bit cheap in OMG's pictures to me.

:goodpost::exactly::hi5::pray:

Of all the possible characters, outside of the females, my most wanted figures are probably Penguin, Riddler, and Joker. Though, I still think a Bruce and **** two-pack with bookcase diorama would be awesome.:lecture

Quick question if an order is on flex pay can you finish paying this? I was expecting July, glad to see they are on time.

Judging by the rate this thread is moving it seems doubtful we will see any characters other than the two. I suspect you have to be a certain age to really appreciate these ("old"). Truth is these figures are like 48 years in the making.

forty.eight.years.

sink in yet, good.. enjoy your third Black Widow.

:rolleyes2

Obviously I am not talking about the people who are getting these. This is simply a jab at the collectors who don't appreciate history. I am that old guy shaking his fists at the silly kids who prefer another version of a character they already own. oldman.gif

Quick question if an order is on flex pay can you finish paying this? I was expecting July, glad to see they are on time.
If you have something on flex pay and the figure releases before your final payment is due Sideshow sends an email out offering early processing a lot of times. They've done it for me on a couple of orders.

I'd love to actually get Batman and Robin into a wall climbing position somehow on the side of a shelf or something but I'd worry they'd fall and get damaged.

Judging by the rate this thread is moving it seems doubtful we will see any characters other than the two. I suspect you have to be a certain age to really appreciate these ("old"). Truth is these figures are like 48 years in the making.

forty.eight.years.

sink in yet, good.. enjoy your third Black Widow.

:rolleyes2

Obviously I am not talking about the people who are getting these. This is simply a jab at the collectors who don't appreciate history. I am that old guy shaking his fists at the silly kids who prefer another version of a character they already own.View attachment 99777

To be fair, though, that's kind of inaccurate. Hot Toys has only been around a little under twenty years, and it wasn't until last year that WB got the okay to start shipping the license around for official merchandise. They announced that they were able to make products in June of 2012, but they didn't announce what their licensing program would entail until March of last year. So, from the licensing being announced in March to having the figures announced in September and shipping in April of 2014, I'd say that's, technically, a pretty quick turn around. Hell, compared to the Arkham City and Returns licenses, I'd say, outside of the Nolan films, and maybe a select few 89 offerings, this is arguably the most likely Batman line that HT will revisit.

I think if we see more characters though it will probably be just the big four villains: Romero Joker, Gorshin Riddler, Meredith Penguin, and one of the actresses who played Catwoman (probably Newmar as she seems to be the favorite among fans). Possibly Batgirl if we're lucky.

True dat. HT will most likely make a Romero Joker. Maybe a Penguin and I HOPE a Newmar Catwoman -- seems by now HT got the message that there's quite a few of us who want a Newmar and remember, this line is now a 66 TV line so a Newmar is NOT out of the picture. Batgirl is also in the running IMO as she appeared in quite a few later episodes and was even included in the animated opening credits whooshing by in her Batcycle.

True dat. HT will most likely make a Romero Joker. Maybe a Penguin and I HOPE a Newmar Catwoman -- seems by now HT got the message that there's quite a few of us who want a Newmar and remember, this line is now a 66 TV line so Newmar is NOT out of the picture.

Nah. Its not Iron Man. They don't care about Batman anymore. They've been sitting on Arkham City for a couple of years now yet some how popped out a new Metal Gear figure :lol Batman and Robin is all we are going to get.

To be fair, though, that's kind of inaccurate. Hot Toys has only been around a little under twenty years, and it wasn't until last year that WB got the okay to start shipping the license around for official merchandise. They announced that they were able to make products in June of 2012, but they didn't announce what their licensing program would entail until March of last year. So, from the licensing being announced in March to having the figures announced in September and shipping in April of 2014, I'd say that's, technically, a pretty quick turn around. Hell, compared to the Arkham City and Returns licenses, I'd say, outside of the Nolan films, and maybe a select few 89 offerings, this is arguably the most likely Batman line that HT will revisit.

I get what you mean, but business aside I personally have wanted these for 36 years. I made that comment because usually when a figure is popular the thread explodes, that didn't really happen here for whatever reason. Maybe a bunch of lurkers like myself, are just hanging out being lazy, and that's the reason the thread is slow.

I get what you mean, but business aside I personally have wanted these for 36 years. I made that comment because usually when a figure is popular the thread explodes, that didn't really happen here for whatever reason. Maybe a bunch of lurkers like myself, are just hanging out being lazy, and that's the reason the thread is slow.

It's really not that slow; as far as lurkers go, there have been somewhere along 85,000 views, so, even though there have been only a little over 1,000 replies, I don't think we account for all of it. Plus, I think this is a license that is so niche that it's actually more mainstream, if that makes sense. I love this hobby, but I think that, for most subject matter, it's a very niche market. Nolan Batman figures? Awesome, but I think that the fact that they're so recent makes their primary market toy collectors. Of course we'll buy the most of this stuff, but, when it comes to the 60's TV show, it's really a part of pop culture, with it's "camp" iconography, and, as such, I think there's a certain charm to it that makes it more well suited and easier to get into for people outside of our circle. Plus, to be completely honest, these actually seen like some of the most reasonably priced offerings from Hot Toys, as of late.

I think the 60's Batman contingent is one of those things that, while not necessarily as widespread, is more akin to "Wizard of Oz" and "Elvis" collectors than, simply, "Hot Toys" collectors. At the end of the day, the guys who grew up with this show, originally, are, mostly, 40-50 year old, financially stable men. I'm part of the exception to that rule, having caught the bug from syndication years later, but, as a whole, I think you'd see more "non-collectors" checking these out after seeing them online than with a lot of other licenses, for that nostalgia factor alone, and, with that in mind, you'd probably see more "non-collectors" buying them. I could be totally off the mark, but I think this line will prove to be quite lucrative for Hot Toys.

Back