1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't understand why people can't just embrace the fun of this release? The cardboard window? Fantastic piece of throwaway kitsch, HT didn't need to bother, but they did. The box art? Wonderful. We should be celebrating that HT are releasing figures from the past, not just Avengers2, Thor2 and another Captain America. This reminds me of the time when HT used to release things like Planet of The Apes and Mars Attacks... Bravo!!

Exactly. If a person doesn't understand that then I think perhaps they grew up a bit too much.

Last edited:
Don't understand why people can't just embrace the fun of this release? The cardboard window? Fantastic piece of throwaway kitsch, HT didn't need to bother, but they did. The box art? Wonderful. We should be celebrating that HT are releasing figures from the past, not just Avengers2, Thor2 and another Captain America.
Right on Rory. :hi5:

I'm very sad to say I cancelled my preorder for this one and Robin. The Hasbro quality belt, fat padding, and sure to snag fabric suit have ruined it in my opinion. I just can't justify it to my self to pay that much for something that has these flaws in the design. Why did they add that stupid padding to the figure? HE WAS NOT FAT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! And aren't more of you worried about that cheap-a$$ snag-sure fabric they used? I can see if you think that they nailed the look (which except for the head sculpt they didn't!), why would you buy a figure with that big of a quality control issue? I guess you can use gloves to remove it from the box and set it directly into the case but where is the fun in that? This was going to be my grail and now it's fraked up. No Batman, no Robin....AND NO BATMOBILE!!! I guess I'm glad the rest of you can get past this stuff but I'm so bummed now. I hope they don't screw up Harlock now. FFRRAAAK!!!

I used to watch this programme as a child and I loved it for what it was. Do I want a figure from it? No. Can't believe people are ao excited about a window in the back of the box? A cardboard flap.....amazing.

who crapped in your cereal this morning? buzzkill bro.

No snags if you cut your fingernails and take care when you are handling him. The Reeve Superman has the same kind of material - there were reports of snags - but mine is still snag free for going on two years. I don't see what the big deal is.

Also the body is no surprise. I know some folks didn't like it, but I thought it was perfect for West. Sorry you felt like you needed to cancel. That would bum me out too. :(

Hi Guys and Gals...I'm new here. And I'm sorry to have my first post be such a Danny Downer, but myself and other fans have tried to get Sideshow and Hot Toys to listen to our criticisms of this figure since we saw them at Comic Con. Clearly they paid no attention. I had high hopes for this figure, but clearly it's far from a home run.

First off, the "peanut head" shaped cowl (with the taper at the top) is all wrong. The seam down the middle of the cowl is annoying, as is the score line around the black portion of the face mask. There was no seam there on the originals. The black was simply painted on to the fabric, not sewn in. And the ears should be painted black or at least dark blue.

The chest emblem is wrong and much too large. The trunks are too short (a common design problem in many 1966 figures and toys) as the top of the trunks hit the naval dead-on.

The utility belt looks ultra-cheap. They should have cast the belts using some sort of leather-look texturing for detail. The fat pad is really annoying as well (not to mention inaccurate to the original look), and the boots seem "clunky."

But the worst offense in this whole design is the cape. The manufacturers and designers had oodles of experts out there who know these costumes forwards and backwards, but they didn't tap that resource. And the result is disastrous. The cut of the cape is completely wrong. The originals had 11 points and 10 scallops. This looks like 8 scallops at best. The edges of the cape flared out like bat wings, but this cape's edge is cut straight. The cape should completely encompass the figure front and back when unsecured. When secured, the cape is folded back, attached with a snap, and then folded back forward to give a multi-tiered, 3-level look. The original designer of the costume said this layering made Adam's shoulders look bigger.

I'm wondering why, with Hot Toys' amazing attention to detail in the past, this figure (and the Robin too) is such a disastrous misfire.

I'm wondering why, with Hot Toys' amazing attention to detail in the past, this figure (and the Robin too) is such a disastrous misfire.

Welcome to the forum Tony. It's a bummer that this figure falls short of the expectations of harder-core fans, but at this stage it doesn't appear to be a 'disastrous misfire' based on current responses here. It'll satisfy 90% of figure collectors the same way almost every Hot a Toys figure does. At the same time it'll disappoint 10% of figure collectors the same way almost every Hot Toys figure does.

don't care...still awesome fig

Yeah, I'm so bummed I'm getting this :lol... photo by jingo bell

aaaaa1975089_469464133179286_1877378302_n_zps059739a0.jpg

I was going to pass on this one, but it turned put pretty darn good...and when I saw I had $53 in rewards from SS it was a no brainer. Still going to pass on Robin, though....I've always disliked the character in every shape, size and form.:lol

Back