1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As cool as Romero Joker would be, I still think a Meredith Penguin would be so unique and awesome; particularly if they used the same expression as the Mattel figure (those clenched teeth around the cigarette holder). I've been picturing that figure in my head since this line was announced. Gorshin Riddler would be a must, as well. As far as Catwoman goes, you might be better off taking your chances with the tweeterhead statue.:lecture

My hunch is HT will not make anymore 60s Batman figs, I mean this thread is only at page 170. I just don't think these two figs will be big sellers :dunno
I hope I'm wrong though.

Nope, I think you're right, it'll be these two and the batmobile and that'll be it. The only other possibility is Romero Joker, which can piggy-back on the popularity of the Joker 'brand', but any others are too niche for HT touch.

Nope, I think you're right, it'll be these two and the batmobile and that'll be it. The only other possibility is Romero Joker, which can piggy-back on the popularity of the Joker 'brand', but any others are too niche for HT touch.
Nah, they're quite capable of pulling something completely random out of their *sses - they've done it a few times already. Besides - the 1966 TV show was a global phenomena, not really something that should be relegated to the 'niche' category necessarily.

Nothing's certain till we know I guess. :)

Nah, they're quite capable of pulling something completely random out of their *sses - they've done it a few times already. Besides - the 1966 TV show was a global phenomena, not really something that should be relegated to the 'niche' category necessarily.

Nothing's certain till we know I guess. :)

I wasn't saying that the show was niche, but that outside of the Joker, the villains are niche (as far as collectors willing to shell out $200 goes). Even so, as far as I know, the TV show was a Western phenomenon - unless it was big in Japan and/or China, this line will begin and end with the two hero characters. There are even people getting the Batman figure on its own, which to a casual fan like myself, seems odd - so the chances of Batgirl, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler etc getting a run seems slim.

Last edited:
I'm with Lejuan on this one. Hell, I'd love to see most of the villains made, plus Batgirl, but I don't think it will happen. I think the Joker would be it if they were going to do more. Pretty much hit it on the head with the "brand" comment.

Oh yeah these are it for sure. They had Indy license, 1 figure. Star Wars, 1 figure. Batman Returns, nothing. Everything is Marvel this Marvel that, Marvel, Marvel, Marvel..marvelmarvelmarvelmarvelmarvelmarvelmarvelmarvel.

I'm very thankful we got these.

I am glad now seeing these in hand I didn't cancel, the great pricing helped a lot...I can't wait for a shipping notice from my online store...

I would love to know if Romero's head sculpt would include his mustache painted over. That would be insane detail though.

I wasn't saying that the show was niche, but that outside of the Joker, the villains are niche (as far as collectors willing to shell out $200 goes). Even so, as far as I know, the TV show was a Western phenomenon - unless it was big in Japan and/or China, this line will begin and end with the two hero characters. There are even people getting the Batman figure on its own, which to a casual fan like myself, seems odd - so the chances of Batgirl, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler etc getting a run seems slim.
Yeah sorry, I perhaps should've been a little more specific. I know what you meant, but the fact that they've made them at all is pretty phenomenal. Going by that premise, the core villains don't seem that unlikely for consideration - at least Joker & CW.

Apart from the draw of them being Batman related, there's an added appeal factor with these stars. Julie Newmar is an icon unto herself, so that alone could get her over the line. Joker is the same - Romero is in that category too. They're all icons in their own right actually - certainly Meredith anyway. I'm not that clued up on Frank Gorshin's back catalogue, but I know he's done a lot too. That said - all that may not be enough to convince HT to take the plunge, but we obviously don't know yet.

As far as the series / era being big in Asia, all you've got to do is check out some of the big Batman sites that feature global events & collector profiles; some of the biggest collectors of vintage Batman merch etc, come from Asia.

Just reiterating my earlier point though, there is precedent with HT going that little bit further. They made Marlon Brando's Jor-El way before Reeve. In the earlier days of HT, we got Ivan Drago & Clubber Lang FFS. :lol

..& it's not like there's a specific window for this series either. Whether it's in a couple years or more - or less, they can take their time, & get around to it if it's on the 'big list'.

I'm not giving up just yet.. :wink1:

Last edited:
I would love to know if Romero's head sculpt would include his mustache painted over. That would be insane detail though.

Yes that's a given.
Its funny that Romero refused to shave his moustache off for the role.
Robin should of said in one episode when confronting the Joker, ' Holy Facial Hair '

I'm happy that B&R are happening. Really with HT would get the Batmobile up for pre-order. The announcement of a few villains would be appreciated.

And Figures Toy Co. did it well. Did those protos ever come into production, though? Haven't heard about it for long.

They certainly did. I think the Mego sized ones are out, but it was posted in this thread that they aren't doing the 12inchers anymore, and opting for ( big surprise! ) 18 inchers.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back