1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d like to know the official reason they’ve delayed or decided not to make Romero Joker. They gotta know it would sell. Best reason I’ve heard is that Batman and Robin took a long time to sell out but that’s not coming from HT. It’s just speculation.

Just speculation, but I think they just decided to move on to other things. So much Marvel and Star Wars films were coming out, and they needed to take advantage of that, so Romero Joker just fell by the wayside. Such a shame, that Romero was looking great! I can't blame them though, if it was my business, I would focus on where the most revenue will come from.

I’d bet good money they’ll never revisit the Dynamic Duo but I still think they’ll surprise us with Joker and maybe a couple other rogues.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/auel.z

08.jpg

Great pic Auel! These are some of the favorite figures in my collection! Would love that Romero Joker and the other three rogues...with Julie Newmar's version of Catwoman!

Great pic Auel! These are some of the favorite figures in my collection! Would love that Romero Joker and the other three rogues...with Julie Newmar's version of Catwoman!

Thanks! I would also love to have the villains from the show! How I wish 3rd party companies would make them.

Thanks! I would also love to have the villains from the show! How I wish 3rd party companies would make them.
Yep, third party is probably the best bet at this point. Some of the third party stuff is looking pretty good so I'd love to see someone take a stab...

With all of the third party Marvel figures I’m honestly surprised that there aren’t more DC figures being made as well. I mean to an extent there are, but more from modern era films or the CW shows. Surprised someone hasn’t tackled the ‘66 villains or Catwoman and Penguin from Batman Returns.

With all of the third party Marvel figures I’m honestly surprised that there aren’t more DC figures being made as well. I mean to an extent there are, but more from modern era films or the CW shows. Surprised someone hasn’t tackled the ‘66 villains or Catwoman and Penguin from Batman Returns.

There's a unnamed Returns Catwoman on Aliexpress, quality isn't that bad.

Surprised someone hasn’t tackled the ‘66 villains...

Now that would be something to behold.

Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman..

Occasionally the third party companies come out with something really unexpected like a Vincent van Gogh, which to me is so odd that I can't imagine many sales. But when they usually go to older sources it's often the same ones over and over again.

Howard Chan had that massive tease with the Romero Joker, and I still hold out a little hope he'll resurface one day.

Kumik made a Catwoman, Supermad Toys made a better one -- regular and battle-damaged. Sculpts and bodies weren't great but the costume on Supermad was very good, used it for a custom.

Now that would be something to behold.

Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman..

Occasionally the third party companies come out with something really unexpected like a Vincent van Gogh, which to me is so odd that I can't imagine many sales. But when they usually go to older sources it's often the same ones over and over again.

Howard Chan had that massive tease with the Romero Joker, and I still hold out a little hope he'll resurface one day.
I just don’t see Hot Toys revisiting Batman ‘66 unfortunately. I would love to see at least a Romero Joker though.

Kumik made a Catwoman, Supermad Toys made a better one -- regular and battle-damaged. Sculpts and bodies weren't great but the costume on Supermad was very good, used it for a custom.
That’s cool. I would love a battle damaged Returns Catwoman.

Robin was better out of the box, but Batman improved greatly with Tony Mei's suit and cape.

When hopes were high...

HT Romero Joker 1.jpg

HT Romero Joker 2.jpg

HT Romero Joker proto.jpg

The dates I have on those photos are September 2016. Can't believe it was that long ago.

And did this one ever release?

HT '66 Batman 2.0.jpg

The photo was dated July 2015.

Back