1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if it's like DX08 the joker. Where they seem to be selling, but they made a ton of them. I can remember seeing DX08 sell for close to retail regularly until very recently.

Hey Everyone,
I got inspired by a post in the snake plissken thread about some stands that a company in singapore makes and thought I'd whip one up in the shop for my batman figure. Here's the first go at it, just the 60's chest logo. I have some other ideas though for some stuff that's going to be way cooler. I'll take pics with bats later on today when I get home!

Attachments

• aCzXxLG.jpg
    aCzXxLG.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 413
I wonder if the sales of these will determine whether the batmobile will go up for preorder or not

I wonder if the sales of these will determine whether the batmobile will go up for preorder or not

I sure hope not. They do seem to be available everywhere.

I really want..... NEED that Batmobile in my collection!

And a Batwing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Hot Toys over produced these figures, it's their own fault if they take a loss. This is a very niche section of the Batman mythology. Even some hardcore Bat fans don't like the campy West version.

These should have been a low produced item. My brother and I even felt maybe these would've made good con exclusives with the Batmobile being the mass produced retail item.

I personally would buy any character from this show...up to and including aunt Harriet!!!!

It certainly will help when Warner Brothers actually releases the t.v. show on Blu-ray/DVD. I really think the plan was to announce this last year at San Diego (they had the bags ready to go) but something last minute held them from an official announcement. It's kind of like in This Is Spinal Tap when the band is on tour promoting Smell The Glove and they are lamenting they don't have the product on the shelves. Hopefully, when the show is released in November, this will help drive sales of these figures. Hot Toys did a dynamite job on these and I really hope they produced them in larger numbers. I know that the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker were on sale for close to a year before they sold out. I don't believe these figures will be shelf warmers. San Diego will be revealing for this line. Some villains would fill in the gap before Avengers and Batman/Superman arrive in 2015.

It certainly will help when Warner Brothers actually releases the t.v. show on Blu-ray/DVD. I really think the plan was to announce this last year at San Diego (they had the bags ready to go) but something last minute held them from an official announcement. It's kind of like in This Is Spinal Tap when the band is on tour promoting Smell The Glove and they are lamenting they don't have the product on the shelves. Hopefully, when the show is released in November, this will help drive sales of these figures. Hot Toys did a dynamite job on these and I really hope they produced them in larger numbers. I know that the Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker were on sale for close to a year before they sold out. I don't believe these figures will be shelf warmers. San Diego will be revealing for this line. Some villains would fill in the gap before Avengers and Batman/Superman arrive in 2015.

I think the release dates and details of the series will be revealed at SDCC..where did get November date???

Agreed the blu ray dvd release will BOOST interest greatly for merchandise from the show......

Well, my Hot Toys Batman arrived today and all I can say is, "Wow!" I think it's fantastic. I'll be loading tons of pics. I grew up with Adam West as Batman both in the first run and in syndication through the early to mid 70's. I was curious what a sudden onslaught of merchandise would do for a series that has been cancelled for 45 years and not in circulation as a DVD or really any other merchandise except for the '66 movie. I have the Keaton and latest Bale Hot Toys Batman figures, but this only made sense to complete that essential trinity of eras. Unfortunately I understand too that we folks in our late 40's or early 50's are a bit lost in our generation of heroes now. Perhaps the DVD box set will help, but I tend to believe that has sat in the shadows too long as well. It's not that this generation of Batman is not loved. It's just that there have been generations of people that never really got a big taste of it. This series missed the VHS box sets of televisions shows. They missed the golden era of DVDs, when video stores and rentals were the hottest property in the entertainment business. So only now, after all of those stores have closed their doors and all but disappeared from existence, do the owners finally reach an agreement. Being in occasional syndication is fine and surely picked up some new fans, but a huge piece of the public largely grew up without this for decades, so I'm certain that is finally being realized. It's sad, because we might have gotten better results had the show been out there during the heydays of DVD. I love the figure and wouldn't trade it for anything. But to the general marketplace this Batman may be less nostalgic because it just hasn't been in the mainstream consciousness since the 70's. And without that advantage of being on people's minds for all those years, it will be much harder to persuade them to spend $200 plus for something they have no fond memories of like our generation.

Well, my Hot Toys Batman arrived today and all I can say is, "Wow!" I think it's fantastic. I'll be loading tons of pics. I grew up with Adam West as Batman both in the first run and in syndication through the early to mid 70's. I was curious what a sudden onslaught of merchandise would do for a series that has been cancelled for 45 years and not in circulation as a DVD or really any other merchandise except for the '66 movie. I have the Keaton and latest Bale Hot Toys Batman figures, but this only made sense to complete that essential trinity of eras. Unfortunately I understand too that we folks in our late 40's or early 50's are a bit lost in our generation of heroes now. Perhaps the DVD box set will help, but I tend to believe that has sat in the shadows too long as well. It's not that this generation of Batman is not loved. It's just that there have been generations of people that never really got a big taste of it. This series missed the VHS box sets of televisions shows. They missed the golden era of DVDs, when video stores and rentals were the hottest property in the entertainment business. So only now, after all of those stores have closed their doors and all but disappeared from existence, do the owners finally reach an agreement. Being in occasional syndication is fine and surely picked up some new fans, but a huge piece of the public largely grew up without this for decades, so I'm certain that is finally being realized. It's sad, because we might have gotten better results had the show been out there during the heydays of DVD. I love the figure and wouldn't trade it for anything. But to the general marketplace this Batman may be less nostalgic because it just hasn't been in the mainstream consciousness since the 70's. And without that advantage of being on people's minds for all those years, it will be much harder to persuade them to spend $200 plus for something they have no fond memories of like our generation.

Very well said.

I just got Batman and after opening him my inner five year kid finally got to hold the toy he has always wanted. Now I pretty much have to get Robin and find some way to afford the Batmobile. I finally have something that is worthy to go on the shelf with my Gabriel Lone Ranger and Tonto. This one was worth the purchase!

I was watching the animated Dark Knight Returns movie tonight,and thought the '66 Robin suit would help make an awesome Carrie Kelley custom. Any DKR fans thought about this? Not a huge fan of that character or anything, just a thought.

came up with a much better stand right before I left the shop for the night. I think this might be the one. I'm going to make another for Robin with a different word on it today. Just by the nature of how these are made I end up with leftover material to make another in the opposite color (Red lettering on yellow) if anyone wants one. WFM_8691.JPGWFM_8699.JPG

came up with a much better stand right before I left the shop for the night. I think this might be the one. I'm going to make another for Robin with a different word on it today. Just by the nature of how these are made I end up with leftover material to make another in the opposite color (Red lettering on yellow) if anyone wants one. View attachment 114041View attachment 114046

Mate, the stand looks fantastic, well done

Awesome stand! It would be so neat if the car came with some word stands that you could pose with the figures. Maybe if they do some villains they could include them with those. I know it will probably not happen but I can dream. I'm on a Hot Toys high right now. Between my West Batman and Man of Steel Superman I'm loving me some 1/6 figures! Cap is on order next but he won't arrive until November probably. I think between then I'm looking to squeeze in Robin now. Bring on the Blu Rays!!! I'm going to go listen to Fatman on Batman now and Hollywood Babble-On.

Wow, great idea for that stand!!

Mate, the stand looks fantastic, well done

Awesome stand! It would be so neat if the car came with some word stands that you could pose with the figures. Maybe if they do some villains they could include them with those. I know it will probably not happen but I can dream. I'm on a Hot Toys high right now. Between my West Batman and Man of Steel Superman I'm loving me some 1/6 figures! Cap is on order next but he won't arrive until November probably. I think between then I'm looking to squeeze in Robin now. Bring on the Blu Rays!!! I'm going to go listen to Fatman on Batman now and Hollywood Babble-On.

Thanks! I think the the one for Robin will be cool too, especially together. Hopefully if the batmobile ever gets here, i can make a cool display for it

came up with a much better stand right before I left the shop for the night. I think this might be the one. I'm going to make another for Robin with a different word on it today. Just by the nature of how these are made I end up with leftover material to make another in the opposite color (Red lettering on yellow) if anyone wants one. View attachment 114041View attachment 114046

Wow that looks awesome :clap

Back