1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me five. :lol

I REALLY HOPE HOT TOYS includes a BATCAVE DIORAMA, you know a cardboard image background which would be a really cool display accessory for the Figures and Batmobile.

that would be a great inclusion. and not impossible. make it happen hot toys!

Yeah that would be a great idea! It won't cost HT at all, compared to the 89 Cocoon Shield that not a lot are using anyway. HT could easily slip it in the box, and us placing it on the wall of our shelves :)

EDIT: Finally got the call from the dealer! Getting the Dynamic Duo today! Wooooo!

I'm the most picky guy on the planet but you guys need to chill out about the snags, it's gonna happen no matter what you do. My suit had snags. Even my tony meis suit has snags.

Just cut off the fuzz from the snag with a tiny Swiss army scissor and massage the snag and most likely it will almost be not noticeable.

The suit will get snags.

What's with your guys' fingers?? Everyone do construction or something?

Never had snagging issues with these types of suits.

Do YOU have these figures? They snag easily or are snagged right out of the box. My Robin's tights had them as well. Making the figure's suits with the material they did, when TONS of figures from them or other companies have made stronger suits of similar design, is just a bad decision on HT's part.
Making a METAL belt buckle that rubs against said suit is also a head scratcher.

:lol no construction, but my fingers are all ****ed up. Looking at my fingers right now and I got epoxy and nicks here and there.

Got mine yesterday and had them displayed on my shelves today! Will try to post photos soon.

Batman came with very little, almost invisible snags out of the box (I counted 3 -- one on his right chest, one on his right triceps, and one on his right thigh. Given the location of the snags I suppose it was due to how it was put in the packaging). I was expecting the worst on Bats, but I encountered more snags on Robin's leggings instead. Thankfully the snags were minor and I was able to stretch the thread back to place with a little tug here and there.

At first I used plastic gloves as I thought cotton gloves against cotton batsuit would result to more problems, but then I went barehanded and I was able to futz the figure without causing any problems. Since I was expecting the worst I was ready to contact Tony for a suit but after a while I thought I could live with the stock one. I actually want Tony's cape for West Bats than the suit, stock hangs okay, but could be better (and could have been done with both ends of the collar stitched together instead of using the ugly hook).

Quick snapshot of the Dynamic Duo! I know it's not the appropriate Bat-logo, but my Batman window screen was on the wall so might as well use it as a backdrop ;) Really happy that these guys are finally on my shelf. Got the set at a discounted PO price of $340, which is a great deal considering that we're getting single non-DX figures for $250 nowadays :)

10419925_10152156725086592_403070541_n.jpg

Nice pic Heubert. :duff

I wasn't really interested in getting Robin at first.. but yeah - a great figure all the same, & the more pics I see, the more it seems I'm going to get swayed. :)

Nice pic Heubert. :duff

I wasn't really interested in getting Robin at first.. but yeah - a great figure all the same, & the more pics I see, the more it seems I'm going to get swayed. :)

Thanks buddy!

Yeah, you'd be pleased to have Robin to go with your West Batman! They really complement each other. Save for the delicate fabrics HT used, these figures are amazing :)

Thanks buddy!

Yeah, you'd be pleased to have Robin to go with your West Batman! They really complement each other. Save for the delicate fabrics HT used, these figures are amazing :)
The thing is, I've never been a fan of the character - & I never buy things just to make a 'set'. I reserve my hard earned for true wants usually, so this little fella would definitely be an exception, should I buckle.

I should add too, that Ward's portrayal is so endearing though - & bang on faithful to the books, that he's been a true ambassador for the character for all these years now, so on that basis plus it being a nice figure, I'll likely get him at some stage.

I wonder how well the 60's Bats figs have sold? If they are not big sellers then I think these two will be all the figs from this line.

I can say that both figures didn't sell well here, and PO slots from all dealers were not filled out. Most collectors here know only of Nolan Batman. Can't speak for the other countries, but it's possible that HT might have produced a big run of this set.

I always thought that HT only planned to make the Duo and the Batmobile from this franchise. HT seems to do only little from non-current Batman and Superman franchises.

The thing is, I've never been a fan of the character - & I never buy things just to make a 'set'. I reserve my hard earned for true wants usually, so this little fella would definitely be an exception, should I buckle.

I should add too, that Ward's portrayal is so endearing though - & bang on faithful to the books, that he's been a true ambassador for the character for all these years now, so on that basis plus it being a nice figure, I'll likely get him at some stage.

I see. That's wise collecting. Been doing that myself lately, can't go all out on this hobby with mortgage responsibilities on a regular basis.

Agreed on Ward as Robin. I read the classic 40's Batman books and indeed Ward was able to bring to life the Robin character. And while looking at the Duo on my shelf earlier I was reminded that not only was Ward's portrayal of Robin faithful to the comics then, the same goes with his costume :)

I wonder how well the 60's Bats figs have sold? If they are not big sellers then I think these two will be all the figs from this line.

I know the quantity was big but they are really warming shelves here in NY. I love them (after all the mods) and hope that we get a Romero Joker and a Newmar Catwoman. Those are the only other two I'd get though.

Back