1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 217-The Lone Ranger-Tonto 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Review Spot makes good reviews. I use to watch his stuff when I was collecting a bunch of Mcfarlane, Neca, Mezco stuff back in the day. Now he reviews Sideshow and Hot Toys stuff and I pulled away because of that.

Now he reviews Sideshow and Hot Toys stuff and I pulled away because of that.

'Cause Tonto aside you don't collect that stuff, or...?

(I was going to try to find a non-snarky way to add, "'Cause if so, why are you on this forum of all places?" Then I remembered that I don't own a single Sideshow or Hot Toys figure. Ha ha...)

'Cause Tonto aside you don't collect that stuff, or...?

(I was going to try to find a non-snarky way to add, "'Cause if so, why are you on this forum of all places?" Then I remembered that I don't own a single Sideshow or Hot Toys figure. Ha ha...)

No it's all good. I own a bunch of Sideshow and Hot Toys Figures. I also still collect Mcfarlane, Neca and Mezco stuff. I practically collect a bunch of stuff. Anything movie related I guess I just liked when he was reviewing smaller figures than he leaped into the big league and it wasn't the same? If that makes any sense. So why are you on here then? You apart of the Neca threads?

I just liked when he was reviewing smaller figures than he leaped into the big league and it wasn't the same? If that makes any sense.

Sure, that's fair enough.

So why are you on here then? You apart of the Neca threads?

I don't remember why I first joined. Probably 'cause I briefly owned a Sideshow Indiana Jones figure and wanted to share photos. I've photographed a couple Hot Toys figures here and there, but mostly I just admire the photos of toys I can't afford. :)

Sure, that's fair enough.

I don't remember why I first joined. Probably 'cause I briefly owned a Sideshow Indiana Jones figure and wanted to share photos. I've photographed a couple Hot Toys figures here and there, but mostly I just admire the photos of toys I can't afford. :)

Makes sense. As long as you enjoy yourself that's all that matters. You do have some good skills at taking pictures. I've seen your Neca Lone Ranger pictures and they are very good. Surprised you don't collect much. Sometimes not everything will be perfect in my eyes but as long as I like the item and enjoy it in my collection. That's what matters. I like taking photos too even if not the best.

Thank you, sir, I get a lot of pleasure from photography.

I'd like to collect more sixth-scale stuff, but I only have about $50 a month for toys, so I tend to favor smaller, cheaper items.

Thank you, sir, I get a lot of pleasure from photography.

I'd like to collect more sixth-scale stuff, but I only have about $50 a month for toys, so I tend to favor smaller, cheaper items.

Not a problem and I highly understand. I feel you. I take favor to the smaller items too. As much as I love the sixth scale stuff. They are growing in price each day and I lose interest faster. Neca stuff will be in my collection forever and I will continue to hand them my money. The bigger stuff takes my money way too much. Started cutting back because of that.

NECA has its issues (although I have somehow been almost completely spared their quality control problems so far), but ultimately, I feel that they offer the best proportionate value in the entire toy industry.

NECA has its issues (although I have somehow been almost completely spared their quality control problems so far), but ultimately, I feel that they offer the best proportionate value in the entire toy industry.

I have to agree there. I love there Planet of the Ape Line so much. My favorite line they are producing at the moment. I hope it continues. Sideshow and Hot Toys are slowly fading for me and I will get little each year which him happy for that. I rather put money towards other things and cheaper figures.

Do you have Apes photos to share? I only ever got Zaius, although the traditional-looking ape figures from the prequels are very tempting. I wish they'd do a non-Mego Taylor figure!

Do you have Apes photos to share? I only ever got Zaius, although the traditional-looking ape figures from the prequels are very tempting. I wish they'd do a non-Mego Taylor figure!

I posted a bunch in the Neca Planet of the Apes Thread. You have to get the rest. All are good. I own all and even doubles of some. Let me go find some photos. The new film figures from Dawn I own almost all of them and love them. I own the Mego Retro talyor and love him but do agree for the same scale as the rest of the line.

It's one of those weird cases where I love the movies, and the toys are amazing, I just feel no need to own them.

Here's the only shot I captured:

16553145135_ccb8929b81.jpg

Bit bland.

I like it! The Series 1 Dr. Zaius is good but to my surprise the Series 2 is even better.

How so? Just curious.

Well from the Promo pictures it looked terrible but in person the sculpt and paint is so much better. it's really nice. The Series 1 has a orange like paint job as the new one has a really good color that is much more accurate. Both sculpts much different and I prefer the new version. I like that he isn't wearing the gloves and the hand sculpts are really nice as is the new shoes.

Cool, nice analysis. I bought the first one 'cause he was only $10 at Hastings, ha ha ha.

Series 2 version is going cheap also. You can still get him. He also has a different outfit on so it's a totally new figure. If you want one let me know I think one of my Toys R Us stores still has one in stock along with a General Ursus. About 2 of him form the last time I went.

Back