Hot Toys-MMS 193-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

98266DB5-8480-44A4-BD4B-3C7704A2712E-1227-000000F57AB42B69.jpg

The photo on top is from Elljay, and seems to have the same issues on the masked HS as that of OMG's. The proto's eye part sits deeper, creating the illusion that there is an actual mask over another headsculpt.

Also, I just noticed that on the proto, the sides of the mask's opening for the eyes are indeed angular, not curved like on the final product.ON the final product, there seems to be an angular layer under the curved "mask".

Last edited:
Maybe it's because of the slight sculpting changes on the eyes area in the masked head.

Can't see any reason other than that. I don't think it's a dealbreaker for those who are getting this, though, as it's a detail flaw that I don't think can be easily seen in-hand. Even the flesh part not sitting deep enough on the mask sculpt is only made obvious by close-up photos. Over-all a good-looking figure.

Honestly the unmasked headsculpt is so great I don't see myself ever displaying it with the masked head anyway. So it is nt that big of a deal to me.

I'm only displaying him with the mask on . The head sculpt will never see the light of day . This is a very intense character and the masked sculpt pulls the look off fantastic . I can't wait for this .

I'm only displaying him with the mask on . The head sculpt will never see the light of day . This is a very intense character and the masked sculpt pulls the look off fantastic . I can't wait for this .

You could prolly sell the BHL head for like $80 or so. :lol

Offsetting the total costs.

I have a white suit to use for the Paris chase in the first movie.
I have the headplay head on it right now, but will put the HT head on when it arrives.

There something about the white Ninja outfit that always got my interest . I remember this was my favorite GI joe figure of all time when I was a kid . So cool to be coming back to this high end collectible as a adult . Alot memory's . Really looking forward to this . I doubt real ninjas in the past ever wore white though . They would always get spotted . Storm shadow must lighting fast .

I think white was more of a training garb for "real ninjas" in the past,
just like those martial arts uniforms.

I read somewhere that ninja colors actually correspond to the environment they're deployed in, similar to soldiers's BDU patterns. White is for ninjas deployed in wintry environments.

EDIT: If that info is accurate, Lawrence is somehow correct LOL

Actually, ninja's don't wear special clothes. They're just usually disguised in civilian outfit. :lol
I think the ninja uniform is more of a product of pop culture. :D

(Come to think of it, the adidas sneaks make more sense now!)

Honestly the unmasked headsculpt is so great I don't see myself ever displaying it with the masked head anyway. So it is nt that big of a deal to me.

Really? geez I'd get sick of looking at that mug but quick... it'll 24/7 masked for me but your right, it isn't a deal breaker...

Maybe I can battle damage short round to make it more appealing... or sell the hs.

I was late to the game collecting the Side show GI Joe's... they are great figures. They have released a new Snake eyes as you all know that comes with Timber but the prices are slowly rising on those Joe's so I'm totally glad HT has picked this up.

Anyways this figure was always priced over $250!
Now I laugh at that because of HT quality over SS.

Bring on Cobra Commander Hot toys!

Back