1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 184-The Tumbler (Camouflage Version)-1/6th scale collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is now listed on Sideshow as March 2013.

It was originally September 2013.

After much debate, I concluded that I will not buy this. Like many of you I have the Black version and space has become very valuable as of late. Im letting this go, here are my reasons:

1. Space
2. No Canon
3. Cost
4. More room to display the 89 version

After much debate, I concluded that I will not buy this. Like many of you I have the Black version and space has become very valuable as of late. Im letting this go, here are my reasons:

1. Space
2. No Canon
3. Cost
4. More room to display the 89 version

Same here, I actually had this ordered, but canceled because of:

1. Cost
2. Space
3. Timing of release
4. What's the point?

Really, for me, what is the point? I got the black tumbler, that thing already takes up loads of space. Spending another $500 just so Bane can stand like a boss with a Camo Tumbler behind him? To me it didn't make sense and it's not worth it.

I bet a lot of people come to this conclusion, especially as TDKR hype dies down. I don't see this doing particularly well.

If you have the black Tumbler, is this repaint really necessary? It's literally the same vehicle in a different color scheme. I'm sure hardcore collectors will jump on it, but I think for the most part it'll be a poor seller. Especially with the '89 Batmobile, possibly the Bat and a slew of figures on the way.

And if people do commit, I give it a matter of time before it's found in the market place or ebay to help fund something else.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I guess I should be happy with my black one.

Yeah, at the end of the day, none of the variants are as awesome as the black version. :rock nothing wrong with wishing for the variants though. Would have been cool to see one of the others, as has been said before though, this can sort of double up for the original begins version too. Could make for some cool photo's.

agreed!
the only reason to buy this, is in case you didn't get the batmobile, and you want to repaint it on black :p

I think it will make an awesome display. I keep going back and forth as to whether I should get it. Ultimately I probably won't due to both space and money. But them I always though that about the black one and now I have that and can't believe I never got it the first time around. I think once bane arrives I'll want this even more.

Is anyone actually gonna pull the trigger on this? Ive not seen much love for the camo & the thread seems to have come to a stand still. Im wondering if its gonna be new collectors or people that missed out on the 2nd release of the black tumbler that might pick this up, I think im gonna get it & depending on when its released if i can get a deal i might 2 or 3. Its saying march on SSC but the UK shops still say Q4 2013 so im hoping it does come out late in the year :clap

I think this will sell well enough. By that I mean, HT expects it won't be anywhere nearly as "must have" as the black version or the 89, so they won't produce too many in the first place.

Is anyone actually gonna pull the trigger on this? Ive not seen much love for the camo & the thread seems to have come to a stand still. Im wondering if its gonna be new collectors or people that missed out on the 2nd release of the black tumbler that might pick this up, I think im gonna get it & depending on when its released if i can get a deal i might 2 or 3. Its saying march on SSC but the UK shops still say Q4 2013 so im hoping it does come out late in the year :clap

I've been tempted to but I just don't think I could afford it. I've been struggling to pay for the amount of dark knight stuff that's come along recently. With dx12, the batpod and soon to come dx11, bane and then catwoman, there's no way I could afford this. Unless it really didn't come out until late in the year. And even then I'm not sure. Plus there the space issue. I can just about find space for the black version. Ideally though I'd have loved to get it.

Yeah mate i hear ya, all this bat stuff coming out in the space of about 3 months for us UK guys, its become quite an expensive year already. The Guys & gals in the states & china at least got there DX12's & BatPods last year so there list isn't as long as ours haha.
I had to cancel my Black tumbler last year as i lost my job which was a nightmare, so starting a new year i thought i'd at least get some kind of tumbler & decided on the camo version. As i wanna modify them to have the cannons & rockets. Have to see how its constructed first to see if its possible or worth it.
Spoke to Lee this morning over at Collectibles direct & he still thinks this tumbler is gonna be released late in the year so i might get 2 of them on layaway :) I dont worry that much about space i'll just chuck the misses & the sofa in the back garden & have them in the centre of the room haha

Yeah mate i hear ya, all this bat stuff coming out in the space of about 3 months for us UK guys, its become quite an expensive year already. The Guys & gals in the states & china at least got there DX12's & BatPods last year so there list isn't as long as ours haha.
I had to cancel my Black tumbler last year as i lost my job which was a nightmare, so starting a new year i thought i'd at least get some kind of tumbler & decided on the camo version. As i wanna modify them to have the cannons & rockets. Have to see how its constructed first to see if its possible or worth it.
Spoke to Lee this morning over at Collectibles direct & he still thinks this tumbler is gonna be released late in the year so i might get 2 of them on layaway :) I dont worry that much about space i'll just chuck the misses & the sofa in the back garden & have them in the centre of the room haha

might be possible. You just would have to make an attachment that could "click" on one side of the tumbler.

yeah thats what i was thinking. on the version with the rockets it just looks like they have added the new shield over the right side of the roof without modding it at all. the other version though that has the retractable arm that raises up the cannons or rockets would need the roof modded slightly, but i think it can be done. I once added retractable guns & rockets on a 1/7 scale R/C Airwolf helicopter so its the same principal ;)

My order is in (as soon as it was available to pre order) it's going to look superb next to my Bat-Pod and black Tumbler :D

My order is in (as soon as it was available to pre order) it's going to look superb next to my Bat-Pod and black Tumbler :D

Nice one mate glad someone is getting it aswell as me :yess: I am confused though the release date on this thing is all over the place, sideshow has it now at March it was at September :gah: Ive not heard any changes with the UK shops i emailed loads of them & there all saying as far as they know its still September I need to know roughly when its coming out as i might want 2 of these but need to know if to put more cash aside :slap

Nice one mate glad someone is getting it aswell as me :yess: I am confused though the release date on this thing is all over the place, sideshow has it now at March it was at September :gah: Ive not heard any changes with the UK shops i emailed loads of them & there all saying as far as they know its still September I need to know roughly when its coming out as i might want 2 of these but need to know if to put more cash aside :slap

yeah I hope it's still Sept. Otherwise my game plan for PO just got crapped on

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's all hitting at once. I actually considered just cancelling everything as it was all just too much. But then every time I come on here and see some awesome pictures or I watch the films I just feel like I can't. Haha.
That sounds like an amazing project. Really excited to see if you can pull it off. Sounds like you got the know how.

Its annoying as i cant really get this ordered until i know an accurate release date, Like i said i fancy getting 2 of these but don't wanna pre-order 2 incase they come out in the next few months dunno where i'd find over £700 that quick haha

Back