Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was this armor ever actually referred to as the mark V in the movie? I know in the book the suitcase is called the football, but nowhere is this or any of the armors given a designation or number. So figured they are being numbered as they are shown.

I don't remember any of the armors being designated names/numbers in IM 2. In IM 1 Tony mentioned the Mark II & III, but in the second movie there was nothing of that sort. Even War Machine was called the VTRB-01 and not War Machine.

Yeah their negative reviews in multiple websites put me off from ordering from them. A pity cos' they have the Mark V for only $200, considering it's already this late in the game.

Ended up going for Fanboy Collectibles who are one of the sponsors over at Michael Crawford Review. It's gonna cost $8 more, but that imo is a good price to pay for a peace of mind :pray:

yeah I saw that too, before I pre-ordered, the only reason not to go with them, is the fact that they are never up to date on how many items they have in stock/for preorder.

So what I did is I chatted with them online, before placing my order, jus to double check the fact that they still had Mark V in stock ready for pre-order

hope this helps

I don't remember any of the armors being designated names/numbers in IM 2. In IM 1 Tony mentioned the Mark II & III, but in the second movie there was nothing of that sort. Even War Machine was called the VTRB-01 and not War Machine.

well....Tony clearly says to Rhodey "You want to be the War Machine"
and well there's the fact that AC/DC had a War Machine song in the movie soundtrack.

well....Tony clearly says to Rhodey "You want to be the War Machine"
and well there's the fact that AC/DC had a War Machine song in the movie soundtrack.

Yea but the VTRB was never officially called War Machine in the movies. That's the whole point of the original poster's question about the Mark V.

yeah I saw that too, before I pre-ordered, the only reason not to go with them, is the fact that they are never up to date on how many items they have in stock/for preorder.

So what I did is I chatted with them online, before placing my order, jus to double check the fact that they still had Mark V in stock ready for pre-order

hope this helps

Yea but the part that worried me most was that they have a history of failed deliveries and poor customer service. That's why I went ahead to order @ FC instead, albeit at a higher cost :monkey2

In the Iron man movies, i can't think of too many instances where comic book superhero names are actually used other than Tonys' "I Am Iron Man"

Whiplash (never called that)
Black Widow (never called that)
War Machine (never called that)
Iron Monger (never called that)

There are references to the names:

Obadiah Stane: "We're Iron Mongers"
Tony Stark: "You wanna be the War Machine"

that's the only that come to mind.​

In the Iron man movies, i can't think of too many instances where comic book superhero names are actually used other than Tonys' "I Am Iron Man"

:exactly::goodpost:

What matters is that you know who they are and what they are called. So does the rest of the people that care enough about the movie and Marvel. If you watch the bonus features/extras in the movies you see the director and those involved in the movie refer to all the characters and armors with their proper name (Mark I,II,III,IV,V,VI,War Machine, Whiplash and so on)

So yeah, this is Mark V and that's that people.

In Terms of scarlett johansson...

Calling her character "Black Widow" would of been odd in the context of the film anyway, you'd have to explain it otherwise most people would think she'll bed Tony and then kill him.

So i don't really mind either way, i do like the references made though.

Besides her 1 min action scene and lack of Russian, doesn't make her Black Widow IMO

The Y-Wing wasn't called the Y-Wing in Star Wars, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the Y-Wing

According to some bloke named Tony Cheung this will be available in HK within 2 weeks.

I'm annoyed. I'm lucky i have the money for this now that Jack has been delayed, because if not i wouldn't have the money for this until October because that's when HT said they were now releasing it.

I wonder when SSC will get it now

Incidentally Hottoys.jp still have this listed as October 2011

I know delays are a thing that can happen and you have to live with it, but this looks to be delayed and then brought forward again, and that is just screwing with peoples expectations and financial arrangements for HT.​

I Called It :hi5:

Nice price on that auction..........not.

Anyway, if this releases anytime soon that would be a pleasant surprise. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Ahhh, but will he really be able to deliver? :D

Is Tony Cheung the guy who lives up the road from Hot Toys?

Back