Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You make some great points, but I would ask---aren't those Predator molds reused from fig to fig quite a bit?

My point earlier being that body types unique to one fig (like IMs, Hellboy, Briareos, etc.) always cost more to reflect their R&D costs.

Without specific accesories & paintjobs, the Pred figures seem pretty generic to me.
Many of them are yes, but the classic predator to which I'm referring was all new from the ground up, apart from the skull trophy accessory. And that body, head and armor got reused only for the event-exclusive Gort Predator, so when they originally created and priced the figure there was no outlet for repurposing the figure. Youre suggesting that the pricing of the Mark V reflects Hot Toys inability to recycle the figure, and if that were completely true then classic predator, and many other one-offs should have cost far more than they did and figures like Berserker Predator whom they can reuse 3 times should cost far less. But instead, everything now costs more whether Hot Toys can milk 2-3 releases out of the body or not.

^^ If you have taken both apart (Mk.3/2 and BD Mk.3)... you know that both are from entirely different molds inside and out (apart from a very few reuse pieces).... Apart from the BD chest piece,these armours are computer designed,.... new molds and not reuse/refurb existing moulds..

Apart from head/feet/hands... I'll add shoulder armours and left arm missiles are the same too..

Falconer body has a newly sculpted left forearm and left hands (rest of the body is the same as Berserker's)

Last edited:
POed. Same price as MK VI (6) not IV (4). :monkey2

but you still get it cheapest AND fastest out of all of us with your VIP status and discount :panic:
At least you take care of us with your awesome pictures :D

was very excited for the Mk V but for some reason after seeing these official pics, i think ima have to pass....still got my Mk VI on pre order tho :D

nice, HT... but if i may suggest, if it has not been already suggested, don't give us the same base that the Mk IV comes with. do a small racetrack diorama. even if it's just the road with some small debris, it's good enough...

I don't think that a Stark head should be done with this armour at all.

I mean if you understand the mechanics of the suit then it's pretty obvious that having a head sculpt is out of the question.

The suits mechanism is like a domino one step is followed by the next there is no stopping it so it's not possible for the suit to stop just before it goes around the head.

At least that is how I see it.

I mean if you understand the mechanics of the suit then it's pretty obvious that having a head sculpt is out of the question.

The suits mechanism is like a domino one step is followed by the next there is no stopping it so it's not possible for the suit to stop just before it goes around the head.

:exactly:

It would have been nice to have a Stark head with racesuit however.

nice, HT... but if i may suggest, if it has not been already suggested, don't give us the same base that the Mk IV comes with. do a small racetrack diorama. even if it's just the road with some small debris, it's good enough...
Better still, leave out an extra base altogether and drop the price by $10.

Yeah I'm all for it coming with less stuff that I just shove in a drawer someplace especially if it comes at a lower price. Sure I could sell the stuff but it's more trouble than it's worth for me.

I would like a Stark head, but I completely agree with you.

I'm sure at somepoint we'll see racing stark suit much the same way we did with the mech test.

I'm sure at somepoint we'll see racing stark suit much the same way we did with the mech test.

I doubt it. Whereas with the Mech Test, there was flying and lights and excitement for that part of the movie, when Tony is in the racing suit there are no lights or action other then Tony getting smacked around for awhile.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Back