Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely disagree with your logic here. Only the Superman crybabies are having issues with this. Wanting a Reeve Supes since they did the Returns one, I can honestly say, I don't take any issue whatsoever with the way/order they did this. RE isn't as big a license as Superman, so it makes sense Alice would get a reveal before him. And I was honestly surprised they showed anything pre-con for Superman. I think the entitlement collectors need to be spanked and sent to their rooms vs. just sitting in the corner. Time-outs never did work. :lol

But don't you think this figure has got lost in all the Superman hype?
Wouldn't have been fairer to let that blow over so this figure could have least been the main 1/6 discussion of the week?

But don't you think this figure has got lost in all the Superman hype?
Wouldn't have been fairer to let that blow over so this figure could have least been the main 1/6 discussion of the week?

Only by people like you who pop in here to ____ on Alice because your precious Superman hasn't had official specs listed yet. :nana:

Fans of the movies are posting daily about the figure (good and bad) and discussion hasn't been halted a bit despite all the little drama queens having hot flashes in the Superman thread. :huh

____ all the psychotic little entitlement douches who've overhyped the living hell out of the Reeve Superman with their daily rants and redundant photoshopping skills demanding HotToys bend to their whim. If HT were smart, they would've held off Superman until SDCC or one of the other high profile cons in Asia and given him the proper unveil he deserves. Instead, they're sickeningly catering to the crybabies with all the little previews and sneak peeks.

Only by people like you who pop in here to ____ on Alice because your precious Superman hasn't had official specs listed yet. :nana:

The thing is I haven't _____ed about it. The film is pretty bad, but I was one of the few who thought that the figure look good.

I think the figure looks really nice, but I have no interest, as the movies are awful. It looks great for the fans though

Afterwards I made the hamburger comment, but I was only pointing out that a weaker licence like this should not have come out between Superman previews.
I also can't stand all those people who jumped on the Superman bandwagon just to tear it to pieces.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can. Plus Hot Toys is always getting photos removed from Facebook. They say "This photo contains copyrighted material and will be removed."

Could always try sending it directly. I've sent suggestions for prototype improvements to info.hottoys.com.hk, and they've responded.

US prices aren't available yet. Maybe SSC will announce US preorders on Thursday. Preorder for Japan is up and it is about 16000Y (MSRP 20000Y). I'm going to guess SSC preorder price will be $150-160US.

I don't like how HT figs are increasing in price with each new release announcement. Once the figures start averaging $200, I'll have to stop collecting them. :(

The thing is I haven't _____ed about it. The film is pretty bad, but I was one of the few who thought that the figure look good.

Afterwards I made the hamburger comment, but I was only pointing out that a weaker licence like this should not have come out between Superman previews.
I also can't stand all those people who jumped on the Superman bandwagon just to tear it to pieces.

Seriously man, I can't believe how biased you are.

You came here complaining because the figure you expected to be released was NOT when you wanted, then you call this a "weaker" licence because you didn't like the movies, "bad" movies in your opinion...

....and then, the funniest part is that you come here, again, saying that you can't stand the people who "criticize" the figure you like :lol Seriously...:slap

...I don't like how HT figs are increasing in price with each new release announcement. Once the figures start averaging $200, I'll have to stop collecting them. :(

Yeah, same here. But I guess we are all to blame for supporting these increases now.

The thing is I haven't _____ed about it. The film is pretty bad, but I was one of the few who thought that the figure look good. Afterwards I made the hamburger comment, but I was only pointing out that a weaker licence like this should not have come out between Superman previews. I also can't stand all those people who jumped on the Superman bandwagon just to tear it to pieces.

Again, no...
I think Hot Toys dropped the ball showcasing this today. Especially after Friday's teaser, we all thought you know who would show up today. It's a bit like expecting steak and being served a hamburger

That not only tells me that you don't like the figure by comparing it to hamburger (and if you do, that was a sucktastic metaphor on your part) and Superman to steak, but a single post like this sets the ball rolling for the crybabies to come in and hate on the figure for no other reason than because HT didn't release the specs for the figure they're feeling entitled to. :huh

Seriously man, I can't believe how biased you are.

You came here complaining because the figure you expected to be released was NOT when you wanted, then you call this a "weaker" licence because you didn't like the movies, "bad" movies in your opinion...

....and then, the funniest part is that you come here, again, saying that you can't stand the people who "criticize" the figure you like :lol Seriously...:slap

Well face facts it is a weaker licence, whether you like it or not.
I like Platoon, and I don't like Pirates of the Caribbean, but guess which one is the weaker licence? So bias has nothing to do with it.
And I am only disliking the people who were all over Superman hyping it up only to tear it down, because the eyes are 2mm to close together.

Again, no...

That not only tells me that you don't like the figure by comparing it to hamburger (and if you do, that was a sucktastic metaphor on your part) and Superman to steak, but a single post like this sets the ball rolling for the crybabies to come in and hate on the figure for no other reason than because HT didn't release the specs for the figure they're feeling entitled to. :huh

No, I like Hamburger, but I would be disappointed in being served it if I was hoping for steak, which I like more.
Look I am not looking for a fight so I am done talking about this figure, but I will say that I don't get the hate for it, and I think it looks like the actress in close up. The legs look a bit chunky, but that might be just the boots giving that impression

Didn't this figure kind of get teased at the anniversary shindig? it was also in a catalog next to demon batman and scarecrow..And we saw it before the specs.

I don't really get what the problem is...the superman figure is going to come out too. they teased it with a logo and now half his face and his shoulders...it wouldn't be a good tease if it was like a week before they released the friggin official specs.

Yeah the RE movies kind of blow...but I like it. Believe it or not, there are people that have been pulling teeth waiting to find out some official news on this for like half a year now. That's longer than a weekend.

As far as weaker license goes...I think the video games have a good enough following that people would be really excited to get even movie versions of characters. Even if they are bitter about it.

It's your own fault that you speculated incorrectly and got your hopes up...not ours, not Resident evil, not milla jovovich, and not hot toys.

At least your not getting divorced for 2 million dollars and finding out you have a bastard son with some busted house keeper with a rock for a face..."STOP WHINNNING"

superman will come out and you'll be really happy one day.

On a side note, I sure as hell hope that the dark knight rises license comes out before a jump to 200 dollars a figure.

No, I like Hamburger, but I would be disappointed in being served it if I was hoping for steak, which I like more. Look I am not looking for a fight so I am done talking about this figure, but I will say that I don't get the hate for it, and I think it looks like the actress in close up. The legs look a bit chunky, but that might be just the boots giving that impression

Not looking to start one either. It's these little trivial licenses that should be the meat and potatoes of HT's non-convention announcements, which this was. And they should've stuffed the Reeve previews and done a full reveal (which you've already agreed with so we're on the same page) at SDCC. If you look at it like professional wrestling, it really gets diluted when you have belt matches every other week instead of saving them for the big Pay-Per-Views. This is no different. :huh :lol

Now with the announcement of Angelica from Pirates, I think I'll have to go with Angelica rather than Alice.. I prefer her outfit from RE: Extinction anyways ;)

All you who wonna pass on this release greatly reduce the chances for future announcements of Alice from the previous movies.
So remember this when HT announce the withdrawal with releasing only Milla from the original RE (not a fact).

I liked this movie in general... although the ending was very disappointing.
But well... third movie agonized with the exect same thing, so...
I really enjoyed this return of Alice to the roots of humanity, to the hateful unsuperheroic realism. The whole atmosphere of fear was present and the plot was very intrigued despite some slack in the understanding of what's happening in this poctapoc world.

Last edited:
I'll confess I thought Afterlife had it's moments. The scenes with Wesker and The Executioner were great but other than that, it was just the same ol' RE move to me and I just can't really stand the Alice character. That being said, even I don't get some of the negativity on this figure. I think it represents the character well and the likeness is really good too imho.

Back