Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that is true, but still most stuff that has been moved to China is ____. Take Carl Zeiss for Example, they are world known for their lenses and optics. But in most new consumer products that state that they have Zeiss optics are made in China, and not Sweden, and the difference in quality is huge.

I am sure they made that decision consciousely knowing that as they are likely to keep the high quality parts in their country charging even more for it and the outsourced parts are cheap enough to sell for less and still make ltos of profit extra.
Price/market discrimination a lovely concept that these companies love to rip us off :(
But yeah this T2 Arnie is a work of art.. They may have cloned a few of the Korean artists in another factory ;)

Exactly. I think its both - seems to me based on the Dutch side-by-side shot that they used the Dutch head as a guide for the facial proportions - bad move IMO as I think those are off and that head is too small so likewise it looks to me like the T-800 one is also. You probably wouldn't fit the existing HT endoskull inside there.
And the body turns out too big aswell because of the clothes. However I think futzing with the jacket is going to help that situation. The way the collar has such a wide arc around the neck and doesn't seem to come close to touching the neck is a problem contributing to that small head look IMO. And compare it to the film and you'll find its not accurate the way it does that. I'm going to look to fix that straight away, I'm sure it'll be possible. Can't wait to get stuck into it.

are you never happy with a model?? why dont you just stop collecting:banghead

Legs look fine.

And I am glad they did not put bullet holes in the jacket. Would not be acurate to him walking around the mall with the rose box. Not like they are hard to put in yourself.

I'm not the only one of the legs is a bit too long.
It is not bad, but I think they are a bit too long.

That the bullet holes I disagree. ^ ^

The Neca Arnie had this cool detail.

With all the accessories of HT Arnie plays from the beginning until the showdown at Cyberdine.

Since it would simply have been more appropriate if we clearly would have had the bullet holes in the jacket.
Finally, this is an important detail that he had in the movie.
He was to be seen in many more scenes with these holes as Pescadero.
I would personally prefer to hold these holes had as NO, BUT EVERYONE LOOKS THE DIFFERENT:
But I will if I buy the figure (in Europe it is very expensive), even kick it no holes.

What's up with the rumor about ne Big Fat Harlay version and the illuminating feature on the left eye?

image5948.jpg

From ToyWorld.

That custom gloved hand looks great!!!

This looks like it may be the best Hot Toys figure so far. This is a definite must buy for any Terminator fan in my opinion. Start saving your pennies or sell your blood if you have to. You'll be kicking yourself down the line if you don't get this.

Then buy the Neca.

He is succeeded by Neca but overall not so good.
It resembles not so much as the Achwarzenegger by Hot Toys.
It would not take much, but there is something about the similarity.
In addition, the final figure looks a little lifeless in the face of (Neca).

This looks like it may be the best Hot Toys figure so far. This is a definite must buy for any Terminator fan in my opinion. Start saving your pennies or sell your blood if you have to. You'll be kicking yourself down the line if you don't get this.

Figure looks pretty awesome and all but I'm going to wait for the eventual battle damaged version.

image5948.jpg

From ToyWorld.

That custom gloved hand looks great!!!

Well this convinced me to buy this. I was holding off for a T1 figure, but screw it. The black shirt with the glasses and glove complete the look.

To quote the Dude "It really tied the room togeather."

I'm not the only one of the legs is a bit too long.
It is not bad, but I think they are a bit too long.

That the bullet holes I disagree. ^ ^

The Neca Arnie had this cool detail.

With all the accessories of HT Arnie plays from the beginning until the showdown at Cyberdine.

Since it would simply have been more appropriate if we clearly would have had the bullet holes in the jacket.
Finally, this is an important detail that he had in the movie.
He was to be seen in many more scenes with these holes as Pescadero.
I would personally prefer to hold these holes had as NO, BUT EVERYONE LOOKS THE DIFFERENT:
But I will if I buy the figure (in Europe it is very expensive), even kick it no holes.

What's up with the rumor about ne Big Fat Harlay version and the illuminating feature on the left eye?

What???:confused: I cant understand the way you word some of your sentences.

He is succeeded by Neca but overall not so good.
It resembles not so much as the Achwarzenegger by Hot Toys.
It would not take much, but there is something about the similarity.
In addition, the final figure looks a little lifeless in the face of (Neca).

They will make a V2 Battle Damaged Arnold from the end of the movie, and it will likely have holes.

They will make a V2 Battle Damaged Arnold from the end of the movie, and it will likely have holes.

Yes, it is clear to me. ^ ^

But I would have liked to have in this release holes in the jacket on the back.

Finally, he had the whole movie these holes and got the holes very early from the T-1000.

image5909.jpg

Toyworld.

Man! I want THAT LOOK!!!
Now i'm in doubt....I really love this figure, but i wan't the minigun/granade launcher, witch i know HT will deliver in a 2º version....
Buy or not buy????:(

Back