Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm not going to pay upwards of $50 for the M79. I did pick up the COOmodel M134, and the kit I got allowed you to build out either the hand-held or tri-pod.

This auction listing is the one I went with.

Bought! :yess:

I've been putting it off for soo long and I just went for it! I got black gloves too. I'll have to pick up the bag at toys2 at a later date, which is in stock btw. As soon as they get the M79 I'm not ____ing around anymore, I'm nabbing it. They sell for $20 plus shipping. Which I think is a fair price. Although I didn't get the one you have a link for, I got just the tripod version. I wish I saw this so I could have a substitute for the bag in the mean time. I don't think I've ever been this excited for an accessory. :banana

( I love that banana.:lol)

Also, get a olive drab sling for the M79

This calls for a repost of my cyberdyne bash :p

bild

Hey where do I get those shells? They look great! a-dev your Bat signal is up!!

His arm broke tonight and it might not be the first time, the inner shoulder joint is very thin and delicate. A poor design becaus I can see why it snapped, there is no metal washer inside like regular TT joints.

I did absolutely nothing, I raised his arm and SNAP.

So I took off the rubber body and dremeled down a regular TT shoulder joint, it was a different shape but connected great, I worked and reworked it so that it could have the same mobility. It's probably stronger than the original because of the metal washer.

Putting the rubber torso on with both arms was almost impossible but I'm glad I didn't cut it because I got it on and it works perfect no one
Could tell it was broken and switched out,

Close call but I can't believe that crappy shoulder joint. I think we will see a lot more breaks

His arm broke tonight and it might not be the first time, the inner shoulder joint is very thin and delicate. A poor design becaus I can see why it snapped, there is no metal washer inside like regular TT joints.

So I took off the rubber body and dremeled down a regular TT shoulder joint, it was a different shape but connected great, I worked and reworked it so that it could have the same mobility. It's probably stronger than the original because of the metal washer.

Putting the rubber torso on with both arms was almost impossible but I'm glad I didn't cut it because I got it on and it works perfect no one

Close call but I can't believe that crappy shoulder joint. I think we will see a lot more breaks

Wow. Sounds Intense. Did you take pictures while you repaired it?

Bought! :yess:

I've been putting it off for soo long and I just went for it! I got black gloves too. I'll have to pick up the bag at toys2 at a later date, which is in stock btw. As soon as they get the M79 I'm not ____ing around anymore, I'm nabbing it. They sell for $20 plus shipping. Which I think is a fair price. Although I didn't get the one you have a link for, I got just the tripod version. I wish I saw this so I could have a substitute for the bag in the mean time. I don't think I've ever been this excited for an accessory. :banana

Is the bag at toys2 the same one from the Coo Model set? It looks a little longer. (https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21079&cat=0&page=1)

And did they say they're getting the Thumper back in stock?

Yeah, I'm so afraid the shoulders on mine are going to snap on both of mine. They just don't feel right to me. Even the T1 Tech Noir are odd.

I don't really mess around or pose them as much as I'd like to. I feel much more comfortable posing the T-1000 or other figures in my collection. I really don't want to deal with one of the T-800s breaking.

*Rises from chair in Epic Hero fashion!*

"Uhhh, yeah, I dunno"

:thud:

:lol:rotfl:lol

I swear I gotta talk to someone about getting a Terminator signal made for you.

Bummer man. :( I keep hearing about the shoulders breaking on these bodies and it always surprises me. The Arnie bodies I have are the most solid and best feeling made bodies in my collection. I hope nothing happens to mine because I really don't want to deal with it.

Is the bag at toys2 the same one from the Coo Model set? It looks a little longer. (https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21079&cat=0&page=1)

And did they say they're getting the Thumper back in stock?

That's the one I'm talking about. I think others have bought and used that bag and it looked fine. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it. As far as the M79 I know it went out of stock and came back in stock before so here's to hoping......

Thanks Fiend, Yeah i didnt want to let them go ' packing them up and looking at them up close for the first time in a long time really made me see these are some of HT's best figures. But I ordered HT Batman and Joker and if i want them and pay off my school books these guys have to go unfortunately :(

Thanks Fiend, Yeah i didnt want to let them go ' packing them up and looking at them up close for the first time in a long time really made me see these are some of HT's best figures. But I ordered HT Batman and Joker and if i want them and pay off my school books these guys have to go unfortunately :(

Yeah, that's life sometimes. Well, maybe when you get out of school and get a job that pays well you can re-buy them. Of course by then they'll be a bazillion dollars. :lol

Oh and I also ordered Joker and Bats. They were a must. It's gotten to that point with my collection, only things that compliment stuff I already have. I only have Batman and Terminator when it comes to HT. Too expensive. I can honestly see me not buying anything after the Batman 89 figures unless they make BD T1 and T2. Those or if anyone ever does William Wallace....which isn't likely I'm afraid.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Bummer man. :( I keep hearing about the shoulders breaking on these bodies and it always surprises me. The Arnie bodies I have are the most solid and best feeling made bodies in my collection. I hope nothing happens to mine because I really don't want to deal with it.

Interesting to hear that others had this problem but I'm not surprised. It's completely fixable and u would never know what happend even looking at it nude but not easily fixable. Took me a couple hours, my first thought was oh crap gotta drop 500 bucks for a new one then I was just like I'll find a way to fix this.

I do wish I took pictures but this is why it's a design flaw despite being a really solid body...

The regular TTs forward and backward pivot is connected or a peg that pegs into the body from the armpit areea the shoulder joint is connected to this peg by one screw. In between the screw is a great metal washer molded right in the plastic. It's surprisingly ingenious.

The problem with the terminator body is this: instead of connecting at the armpit the peg connects the opposite, at the top of the shoulder/ trapezius area. So automatically you have a lot more pressure on it from a heavier plastic arm and gravity and pressure that comes from posing it by pulling on it. Secondly to ensure proper front back mobility this piece of plastic is much thinner than the regular one it's thin so it can clear the socket of the shoulder when you move it. Worst of all it does not have that little metal washer so the plastic around that area is not reinforced. It's like 400% less reinforcement For a 400% heavier arm. this is a major design flaw.

As plastic gets more brittle with age and from pressure from moving I predict more snaps in the future so stock of on your fodder true types. I have so many, usually used to replace the crappy knee joints that always snap.

On one hand I'm glad it snapped its his gun arm and now even though the regular TT joint is dremeled thinner it's still thicker than the original and has the metal washer by the screw. So all in all I'm much more comfortable with posing his arm more aggressively for gun poses than I was before.

I still have a problem with him I'm wondering if others have his upper mid joint is loose. Still sturdy enough to hold poses but floppy and it bothers me. He always had this problem and tighting the screws by there did not help. I tried but the area started to snap from going too far and I stopped because I knew that would only make it worse. I don't know how to fix it and am really not into the idea of getting the rubber upper part on and off again.

One more thing is it possible to add this to the idea of pinnable subjects ? Along with the paper clip thing (which I can STIL never get to look right) etc.

The first person that has this problem please PM me or tell them to PM me.

I will fix it for them completely free of charge. And take step by step photos of the process as a guide to helping out the community

One more thing is it possible to add this to the idea of pinnable subjects ? Along with the paper clip thing (which I can STIL never get to look right) etc.

The first person that has this problem please PM me or tell them to PM me.

I will fix it for them completely free of charge. And take step by step photos of the process as a guide to helping out the community

Where were you when my arnie took a leap:lol could sent him to you for a free fix. Actually it was his leg that broke on mine, and I ended up selling him off to another freak for cheap. But before all that I found him to be pretty soild and posed him often with no fear of breakage. Luckly I have backup and was able to just go and open up a new one:yess: Still one of my all time favorites in the collection.

PS sorry your arnie broke, but glad you were able to fix it:1-1:

No way buddy:1-1: I was just being cheeky:) I glad how things turned out, no regrets. You ever finish your custom, I seen him in the background of your batman review on youtube:wave

The problem with the terminator body is this: instead of connecting at the armpit the peg connects the opposite, at the top of the shoulder/ trapezius area. So automatically you have a lot more pressure on it from a heavier plastic arm and gravity and pressure that comes from posing it by pulling on it. Secondly to ensure proper front back mobility this piece of plastic is much thinner than the regular one it's thin so it can clear the socket of the shoulder when you move it. Worst of all it does not have that little metal washer so the plastic around that area is not reinforced. It's like 400% less reinforcement For a 400% heavier arm. this is a major design flaw.

As plastic gets more brittle with age and from pressure from moving I predict more snaps in the future so stock of on your fodder true types. I have so many, usually used to replace the crappy knee joints that always snap.

On one hand I'm glad it snapped its his gun arm and now even though the regular TT joint is dremeled thinner it's still thicker than the original and has the metal washer by the screw. So all in all I'm much more comfortable with posing his arm more aggressively for gun poses than I was before.

I still have a problem with him I'm wondering if others have his upper mid joint is loose. Still sturdy enough to hold poses but floppy and it bothers me. He always had this problem and tighting the screws by there did not help. I tried but the area started to snap from going too far and I stopped because I knew that would only make it worse. I don't know how to fix it and am really not into the idea of getting the rubber upper part on and off again.

Sorry raymond but do you have the coomodel us m 134 with iron parts?
maybe the fault is the heavy gun, the peg joint is continuosly under pressure with that weight load...
I have bought both mine t1 t2 when the first release was in stock and (wait a moment I touch my OO now...) everything is fine...

Back