Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually there are huge differences.
i have screenshots for the hand, but i didn't make them for the chest area, abdomen, belly, other places.
face is also different.
t1hand03.jpg

t1hand02.jpg

t1hand01.jpg

t2hand02.jpg

t2hand01.jpg

as for the chest - count the wires. t1 has 4 of them. t2 has 2.
as for the belly - t1 has smaller plate than t2.
as for the face - i cannot explain what is different, but eyes are smaller for example and face shapes are different. + eye balls in t1 are painted light in front and dark beside, and t2 seems to have simply silver eyeballs.
i didn't explore more.
but i'm lazy to make screens )

actually there are huge differences.

Well they can't be that huge since people generally assume they are the same. I had to really study those pics to see what was different on the hands and even then I'm still not sure what you're pointing out on the forearm to be honest.

Again, if you really study them sure. But to the average observer - they're basically the same. Show me a comparison where the difference is bigger than finger joints, and which no one has any excuse for not noticing.

Don't get me wrong though - I'd love if toy/collectible manufacturers treated the T1 and T2 endoskeletons as unique entities apart from eachother and observed these differences when making their toys/replicas.

Last edited:
Again, if you really study them sure.
not me. ;)
and which no one has any excuse for not noticing.
guess how much i care about those no ones and their excuses? ;)
what for? to get something like "oh i don't see those"?
you see, Riddick just mentioned that some differences are a lot more obvious. i'd ask him to name them because i'm interested and he knows that. i won't start with "there are none" and he will be happy to show them - not angry to prove himself ;)
what i can point myself with a little collection of screens i have now.

c898e0a032a0.jpg

a1586737f758.jpg

221cd0d24508.jpg

I'd love if toy/collectible manufacturers treated the T1 and T2 endoskeletons as unique entities apart from eachother and observed these differences when making their toys/replicas.
they cannot even treat them like movie figures and continue to copy that stupid flat back from an older toy! :D

p.s. the HT skeleton is not T1 or T2 or T3. it's a mix of them all plus other toy skeletons.

Last edited:
not me. ;)
guess how much i care about those no ones and their excuses? ;)
what for? to get something like "oh i don't see those"?
you see, Riddick just mentioned that some differences are a lot more obvious. i'd ask him to name them because i'm interested and he knows that. i won't start with "there are none" and he will be happy to show them - not angry to prove himself ;)
what i can point myself with a little collection of screens i have now.

they cannot even treat them like movie figures and continue to copy that stupid flat back from an older toy! :D

p.s. the HT skeleton is not T1 or T2 or T3. it's a mix of them all plus other toy skeletons.

Careful what you say about the less observant of us - I'm evidently one of them when it comes to the endo:wink1:

Again, I have to say, I understand and appreciate that there are differences - and would love if the toys reflected these things - just I can easily understand most people assuming the endos from T1 and T2 were the same. I'm a Terminator nut and even I have to have someone take me by the hand and point everything out.

Nice work compiling those comparisons. The different lighting in some of them makes it harder to pinpoint exactly whats changed in some of them though. It would be most ideal if the screen used props from each film could be photographed side-by-side in the exact same lighting but they've probably never been in the same place as eachother before for that to be done.

I'm a Terminator nut and even I have to have someone take me by the hand and point everything out.
we all appreciate it from each other, i hope :)
because nobody sees everything except SW himself and he won't show anything anymore. :(
It would be most ideal if the screen used props from each film could be photographed side-by-side in the exact same lighting but they've probably never been in the same place as eachother before for that to be done.
that's what wonders me always: every figure is designed for a long time, each by one man, but that one man doesn't try and find the things that are available to everybody, just make some shots. that turnes potentially perfect things into just nice.

Indeed. He was far too young to die. Actually its seeing his interviews in DVD extras where he would be surrounded by loads of his best creations in lifesize and miniature form that sorta drives me forward in my collecting of this stuff. Endoskeletons, Battle-damaged Arnie miniatures, Aliens, Predators and dinosaurs. Always thought it looked so cool having those things all in one place.

Just taking some shots, I added some lighting to my display cabinet and wanted to play around with some differant angles and lighting. I'm no pro at photos, its just a cellphone:monkey3

Just taking some shots, I added some lighting to my display cabinet and wanted to play around with some differant angles and lighting. I'm no pro at photos, its just a cellphone:monkey3

The fourth one in is very cool. Nice shot. I gotta get a new camera so I can start uploading some new stuff. I'm long over due. Still my favorite figure.

Yeah 4th one is the new lighting that I put in the cabinet, it kinda gives off that cold lighting that works well for my teminator display. I'll try to post picks of the whole shelf tonight when theres not to much natural light so the effect is better:)

Ok, i get there are diffrences but would HT bother making an endo from T1 and one from T2, don't forget they want to sell their figures to a mass market (not exclusively to some anally rententive collectors, i count myself one) and the general public would prob fail to notice any differences.

Just my opinion.

Thanks, it gives it kinda a cold erry look. There just battery operated double stick lights so there easy to install. I got them in staples.

Does anyone know of any UK/Euro online stores that have him still ?. I am guessing that he is very much a collectable now though. (ignore, I have no chance).

Anyone know of a reseller to get him cheap ?.

Got my credit card limit doubled :)slap ) and I have started looking at things. Can barley keep up with the old limit and I know I should not but .....:monkey1

Also, what do people think about his head as a dutch head ?.

Last edited:
Back