Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is some variation. Though that does look to be the skinniest neck I've seen.

p1010647.jpg

Comparing the first pic with this pic, it seems the head is too far from the chest. What do you think?

I was thinking of this figure earlier and had to go looking, pretty cool.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwjj4VYVgc"]You Could Be Mine - Drum Intro[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvLIrrIoR4"]Guns N Roses - You Could Be Mine (Cover)[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uacSgnYxBmY"]You Could Be Mine - DRUM COVER[/ame]

Anyone notice alot of Freaks (well 2 or 3) selling their T 800 lately on the FS board?
I almost thought it was because someone heard something on a new DX battle damage T 800 being readied..LOL
Prices on Ebay have stabilzed for him- around $300 or so. I thought this was headed north of $400 a few months back.
I may look to get a second one for display now....if abit cheaper. He is an AWESOME display piece!

That body doesn't look right, I'd ask him to left the shirt for picture of the waist to check for the muscle body before I'd go any further.

Anyone notice alot of Freaks (well 2 or 3) selling their T 800 lately on the FS board?
I almost thought it was because someone heard something on a new DX battle damage T 800 being readied..LOL
Prices on Ebay have stabilzed for him- around $300 or so. I thought this was headed north of $400 a few months back.
I may look to get a second one for display now....if abit cheaper. He is an AWESOME display piece!

The last auction went for $367. I noticed because most of the time he's sold at a BIN price. I think he's the next Blade or Wolvie going for over $400. And he's only been out like a year or so.

Re: 1/6 TAMIYA Harley-Davidson FLSTF Fat Boy

Ok, bought this bad boy (+ a set of decals) built (badly) in order to mend it. But it came in a far worse shape than advertised (evilBay) :slap.
There was a "little" language barrier between the seller and me and the pics in the auction were intentionally bad and so on... Needless to say I felt a little cheated, but after a carefull inspection of the bike I knew I could save it. So I started looking ahead and left the seller alone...
It wasn't all that expensive and in the end it became a fun project for me.

So, before paint, the parts needed to be dissembled, sanded and primered. Decided not to touch the chrome parts, so those might look a little worn, but I just didn't want it to look too sanitary. Might even add a little dirt to the bike down the line...

Dissembly was a pain, the builder had used a lot of glue and I do mean a LOT. There was excessive glue and glue marks all-over-the-place, but luckily the glue had already started to lose some of it's grip. Regardless of that I managed to brake a few parts and others were broken on arrival. Almost all of the tubing was lost and the reflectors looked melted, so I had to get a little creative with those... I'm no model builder or anything, but overall I think everything worked out quite nicely and the bike looks ok.

T2_FatBoy_01.jpg

Dissembly...

T2_FatBoy_02.jpg

Primer...

T2_FatBoy_03.jpg

Black paint...

T2_FatBoy_04.jpg

Assembly...

T2_FatBoy_05.jpg

Finishing touches...

T2_FatBoy_06.jpg

Licence plate & saddle bags...

T2_FatBoy_07.jpg

I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle...

Overall Tamiya pulled off a really accurate/detailed kit almost 15 years ago. In that perspective the kit is amazing. Only thing bothering me is the weight, it could be heavier and more sturdy, but yeah, it's a plastic model kit...
Seems like it's not too complicated to put together and the instructions are very good. So, if you can get it for a decent set of $$$$, it really is woth it.

I have to mention this, I've used decals only once before, 12 years ago and it didn't end too well. Needless to say these (being very long and thin) were a-pain-in-the-a** to apply, but I'm pretty pleased with the end result. A huge thanks goes to my brother for his help with those.

Back