Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the sake of a shot like that, I wish I had that McFarlane figure so I could show the evolution from the old Kenner to McFarlane to Sideshow to NECA and lastly to Hot Toys.

You forgot the king of them all:

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC80955lg.jpg

It wasn't a simple forward fall to the floor he took either, he fell backwards and must have hit all sorts on the way down. I feel terrible :( Body was all bent out of shape and his head had come off. Been looking it over all night, there's a very tiny scuff on his right pants leg and a strand of the spiky hair had bent, exposing a bit of white. I've glued it and give it a repaint, it was a tiny little thing just like the pants, but i'm still so gutted, looking at it you wouldn't know anything was wrong with it at all but the figure doesn't feel the same now, like when you get the 1st scratch on your brand new car. :( My own fault, i'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Here's a couple pics of mine. Something feels off on my futzing with him, I'm not sure why maybe its just me. And the head is on there fine now, I was just expecting it to make a pop sound like the other stuff I've had.

It wasn't a simple forward fall to the floor he took either, he fell backwards and must have hit all sorts on the way down. I feel terrible :( Body was all bent out of shape and his head had come off. Been looking it over all night, there's a very tiny scuff on his right pants leg and a strand of the spiky hair had bent, exposing a bit of white. I've glued it and give it a repaint, it was a tiny little thing just like the pants, but i'm still so gutted, looking at it you wouldn't know anything was wrong with it at all but the figure doesn't feel the same now, like when you get the 1st scratch on your brand new car. :( My own fault, i'm an idiot.

I feel you. But don't feel too bad. A couple hours ago, I broke the side mirror completely off my new mustang backing out of the garage. Now that hurt! :lol . . . :monkey2

I know, the feeling of 'newness' is reduced when a figure takes a dive and things get knocked out of shape. Worst thing of all would be a mark on the headsculpt. At least it was just the hair though which you were able to deal with yes? The scuff on the pants leg I wouldn't worry about - real leather pants would get marked.

I know the feeling though. Kinda different but the assembly process for the Dog Alien was such a nightmare, I had to use such force and rough manhandling on the thing, straight from the off, just to get the damned leg on - at the end of which literally all the sheen had been rubbed off, I was amazed I didn't break the thing. But the fact I had to rough the figure up so much right out of the box really detracted from it. It already didn't feel new anymore, I felt indignant at Hot Toys, like they ought to send me another one.

Perhaps its more reason to get another T-800. Didn't you say you'd like to get 2 T-1000s and that having 2 T-1000s on shelf but not 2 T-800s would seem wrong?

should be getting this bad boy tomorrow after work...please god, no stupid neighbors ...I won't be home until 8pm...

I just feel weird with only 1 T-800 right now and at least 4 planned T-1000s for me already. I guess I could do a black shirt and grey shirt, but the grey shirt didn't see much action until he got more gear. And I'm not sure I care enough about the arm cutting scene to buy a second figure for it. Ugh.

But the T-1000 will still outnumber him :lol

I guess the T-1000 really just has more action oriented looks than the T-800.

Galleria/Pescadero
Cyberdyne
Steel Mill

Sure there is a good 2 looks in the Steel Mill, but it is the same scene. Whereas the T-1000:

Galleria (normal cop)
Pescadero (hook arms)
Biker
Steel Mill

Granted the Biker probably saw the least amount of action with Arnold as they really only met in vehicles at that point. But its a distinct look for him nonetheless. And don't forget the Sarah-1000 as well, which would technically give me 5 T-1000s! :google

Maybe I do just need arm cutting T-800 to even things out :lol

But the T-1000 will still outnumber him :lol

I guess the T-1000 really just has more action oriented looks than the T-800.

Galleria/Pescadero
Cyberdyne
Steel Mill

This is my final plan, given all the necessary parts.

- Galleria/Pescadero
- Cyberdyne
- Cyberdyne/Steel Mill - Semi-BD
- Steel Mill - Full BD

I feel you. But don't feel too bad. A couple hours ago, I broke the side mirror completely off my new mustang backing out of the garage. Now that hurt! :lol . . . :monkey2
Ouch, unlucky mate! Sounds horrible.

I know, the feeling of 'newness' is reduced when a figure takes a dive and things get knocked out of shape. Worst thing of all would be a mark on the headsculpt. At least it was just the hair though which you were able to deal with yes? The scuff on the pants leg I wouldn't worry about - real leather pants would get marked.

I know the feeling though. Kinda different but the assembly process for the Dog Alien was such a nightmare, I had to use such force and rough manhandling on the thing, straight from the off, just to get the damned leg on - at the end of which literally all the sheen had been rubbed off, I was amazed I didn't break the thing. But the fact I had to rough the figure up so much right out of the box really detracted from it. It already didn't feel new anymore, I felt indignant at Hot Toys, like they ought to send me another one.

Perhaps its more reason to get another T-800. Didn't you say you'd like to get 2 T-1000s and that having 2 T-1000s on shelf but not 2 T-800s would seem wrong?

Yeah, as you say, it's the feeling of newness that gets taken from you. The headsculpt isn't marked, thank god. I dealt with the hair mate, it doesn't look any different from when I 1st got the figure. I take all the credit for that :mwaha Can't believe I actually took a brush to this figure's headsculpt though, I never dreamt of doing that when I 1st got it. The scuffle on the pants doesn't really bother me, i'd rather it not be there, but it doesn't bother me. It's one of those that could have easily came on the figure brand new and you wouldn't be bothered by it again.

Unlucky regarding the alien figure mate. That's the exact same reason I haven't tried to put the endo arm on Arnie yet, really. Don't want to do what you did! :lol

I did say that yeah but the 2nd T-800 is going to be the next release, can't afford another MMS117.

I appreciate the concern man,. It couldn've been worse, arm could have snapped off or something like that. As we have both said though it's just the feeling of it being in perfect new condition has gone now. It's bugging me. Suppose i'll get over it.

Dang. Broke a finger off the endo arm. :monkey2

Wasn't even handling it hard, either. It just came off with the slightest touch. I guess I can glue it, but then that finger is never moving again.

Back