Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have the PF t-800 and i have payed for it much more than HT t-800, PF is good but no sunglasses , no extra head..... im thinking to sell it as soon as 1/6 t-800 will be on my hand

right the comedian.... the gatling gun i wonder were the dude with the awsome pics got it ?

I bought the comedian M79 and Albert Wesker hands, planning on making a bandolier or maybe if xenoviper still makes them.

Quick pic I took earlier on the gloves and launcher
m79.jpg

edit:
By the way, the comedian M79 has the correct natural color to the stock, the Hong kong dude has a launcher which has a black stock. The comedian M79 has leather sling, T-800 uses a black one.
T2JDM79GL-5.jpg

But he didnt have the sunglasses and shotgun with the gray shirt . . . .

I bought the comedian M79 and Albert Wesker hands, planning on making a bandolier or maybe if xenoviper still makes them.

Quick pic I took earlier on the gloves and launcher
m79.jpg

Gloves are the wrong type. Terminators has no lines on the side like that.

Or just slow down and see if HT puts out a BD with all the gear you're sourcing, especially since it should have all the right colors and details.

Or just slow down and see if HT puts out a BD with all the gear you're sourcing, especially since it should have all the right colors and details.

Or do that :D
Its strange they haven't announced any new figures form the Line, it didn't take more then a month or two until Sarah was announced?

This is more of a filler line for HT than a primary one, look how quickly they're rolling out Iron Man 2 figures, they want to focus on throwing all that at people while the movie's brand new, T2 figures are good for putting out in between new movie hype. They're very strategic, put out this T-800 to start things, then Sarah to show the line's moving forward, then save T-1000 to accompany a BD T-800, but any other T-800 will be held back until this one's pretty much shipped off and sold out so HT won't lose sales on this to that figure.

This is more of a filler line for HT than a primary one, look how quickly they're rolling out Iron Man 2 figures, they want to focus on throwing all that at people while the movie's brand new, T2 figures are good for putting out in between new movie hype. They're very strategic, put out this T-800 to start things, then Sarah to show the line's moving forward, then save T-1000 to accompany a BD T-800, but any other T-800 will be held back until this one's pretty much shipped off and sold out so HT won't lose sales on this to that figure.
You could be right, but it's still just you guessing ;)
Hope you are right anyway.

Btw, I dont understand why HT is concentrating so much on new movies,
If i'm going to own a figure I want a personal relationship to the Character, it takes time to make that special relation to a movie... Atleast for me that is... I own the T-600 Concept, But i dont know if i would have own it if Rees didnt mentioned it in the first film, or if the 1995 game, Terminator Future shock, didnt feature them.

Look around this site and you'll see exactly why HT focuses on new movies.

Hype sells a lot of products. People will buy stuff impulsively, probably want to unload some of it later or regret the purchase, but that doesn't matter, HT's got it's money.

And as you pointed out, something like T2 already has an established customer base, they can put out figures whenever it's convenient for them, people want them and they'll sell well, but don't require and special timing to match a film release, so HT'll put them out during times when there's no big movie they're looking to cash in on.

It's how they're so successful, they balance current hype with long established fandom and cash in on the thirst for product from both. They fully understand their consumers.

Look around this site and you'll see exactly why HT focuses on new movies.

Hype sells a lot of products. People will buy stuff impulsively, probably want to unload some of it later or regret the purchase, but that doesn't matter, HT's got it's money.

And as you pointed out, something like T2 already has an established customer base, they can put out figures whenever it's convenient for them, people want them and they'll sell well, but don't require and special timing to match a film release, so HT'll put them out during times when there's no big movie they're looking to cash in on.

It's how they're so successful, they balance current hype with long established fandom and cash in on the thirst for product from both. They fully understand their consumers.

People are strange :p

It happens, people go got the first Iron Man Mark 3 talk about wishing they'd held of for the BD or are saying they'd rather have the new ones now, I've seen people that bought up the Terminator: Salvation line that regret some of those buys. Some people just buy because it's the thing to do or let the hype of others build it in themselves and once everyone else has calmed they then realized they don't care.

I've wanted Awesome T2 figures for almost 20 years, so no matter how long it takes HT to put them out, I will be waiting to buy them, and they know most consumers for this line fall into that longtime fan category and will wait. Same with when they did Predator amidst all the TDK and Iron Man hype, it's turning into their business model, and I think for everyone, it works out in the end.

I think that's why, spreading things out, they made Sarah number two, sets things up well. T-800 to launch the line and build excitement, then Sarah to demonstrate, sure we may not roll them out as fast as Iron Man, but we did Sarah Connor, of course at least T-1000 is coming, and given the success Terminator seems to have for HT, I'm sure more T-800 goodness is coming.

I think that's why, spreading things out, they made Sarah number two, sets things up well. T-800 to launch the line and build excitement, then Sarah to demonstrate, sure we may not roll them out as fast as Iron Man, but we did Sarah Connor, of course at least T-1000 is coming, and given the success Terminator seems to have for HT, I'm sure more T-800 goodness is coming.

No doubt.... The T-1000 and BD T-800 should round out the line. I can't see John being made, but he would be the only other choice.

Yeah, John's a long shot, if they did him, it would be a huge surprise, though an equally awesome one.

I'd just like to know that through some combination of figures, all of T-800s main looks from the film can be replicated with these figures, though I'll settle if there's just one final stage BD figure without the mini gun and all, I want that for a Cyberdyne figure, but to finally have the BD look in posable 12" figure will be a dream figure.

I hope we at least have three more figures to add to our collection:
-Battle damaged t-800
-T-1000
-Endoskeleton

My excitement for the Endo depends on whether it's a variant or a redo, if they overhaul and improve the old one, I'm game, if it's just alternate paint, doesn't do anything for me but certainly helps anyone missing the first one.

Back