Hot Toys - MMS 111 - John Connor (Final Battle Version)- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young JC (Furlong) is wearing a tigerstripe shirt in T2 where as Bale is wearing tigerstripe pants in Salvation. Pretty cool, but subtle, nod imo.
icon14.gif

Thats not an homage I would ever have noticed. And I hardly think it would have been a conscious decision on John Connors part ''oh I think I'll have the tigerstripe pants because I once wore a tigerstripe T-shirt as a child''...who does that?? Maybe his music choice would have been though! "Well back in '95 when I was targeted for termination by a T-1000 I remember being big into rock bands like Guns'n'Roses...feck it I'll give them a listen again, great bit of nostalgia"

Also the scarring above johns left eyebrow, seems to look different in the toy world pics than on the other pics we saw earlier. Thats one thing I cant stand is inconsistency in figures.

It seems about right, but I also imagine there might be some variation from figure to figure where it falls, especially if the scar is all paint, then the painters might not get it consistently in the same spot.

connor1.jpg

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/still/terminator_salvation102.jpg

OMG's looks pretty good here.

IMG_0553.jpg

But this one does seem a bit further back towards his ear.

b.jpg

so in cameron verse, it wasnt a t-800 that gave him the scar?
i guess thats a reasonable explanation of the difference, as the scar look completely deifferent

i guess thats a reasonable explanation of the difference, as the scar look completely deifferent

That was what I meant as well as positioning. Comparing it to T-2 Future John and T-Salvation John, the Scar seem to be off in both positioning and "shape". But no biggie.........another job for SmallStudios:D

Also not all the facial scarring was necessarily sustained at the same time.

picture.php

picture.php

just some quick ones, (no photoshop on work computer)
yeah i just meant different like the placing of the obvious scar, not the same, although we could use an actual sceen shot instead of a HT photo :lol

p.s. red is where the scars should be, (theoritically)

Thats not an homage I would ever have noticed. And I hardly think it would have been a conscious decision on John Connors part ''oh I think I'll have the tigerstripe pants because I once wore a tigerstripe T-shirt as a child''...who does that?? Maybe his music choice would have been though! "Well back in '95 when I was targeted for termination by a T-1000 I remember being big into rock bands like Guns'n'Roses...feck it I'll give them a listen again, great bit of nostalgia"

Maybe that's his favorite cammo pattern. I don't see how that'd be any different than you enjoying the movies enough as a kid to pick up the toys as an adult. :huh

Young JC (Furlong) is wearing a tigerstripe shirt in T2 where as Bale is wearing tigerstripe pants in Salvation. Pretty cool, but subtle, nod imo.
icon14.gif

he was wearing tigerstripe undies as well in T3, most of you might not seen it though, as it was a brief flash, while he was crouching and ducking.

picture.php

picture.php

just some quick ones, (no photoshop on work computer)
yeah i just meant different like the placing of the obvious scar, not the same, although we could use an actual sceen shot instead of a HT photo :lol

p.s. red is where the scars should be, (theoritically)

I did post a link to a screen photo of Bale, but it's so high res, I'm not going to slow the thread down posting it in here, but there's a link.

As for some of the scar differences, I think it matches pretty well, some of the differences are simply because Bale and the T2 actor have different facial structures and the scars will follow different contours.

oh like i said too dark to make out any pattern and the t2 sideshow bust didnt have any, soo..im confused :D
anyways johns shirt from v2 is more of a nod than anything

Actually, if you pause it a bit during the whole battle with the 1/2 T-600 in the beginning of the movie, you can make out the tigerstripe pattern on the pants. Definitely weathered, but it's tigerstripe.

Actually, if you pause it a bit during the whole battle with the 1/2 T-600 in the beginning of the movie, you can make out the tigerstripe pattern on the pants. Definitely weathered, but it's tigerstripe.

no no i meant t2 was too dark, i thought the guy was saying the tiger stripe was a nod to the future john, i was saying i couldnt see any camo on t2's future john.. lol

Just got this figure the other day ... and I can 100% confirm that 'scar details' are painted and not sculpted. No big deal ... the head is so small that you would really have to look at it under a spotlight to see that it wasn't.

The Hydrobot is HUGE! It's an amazingly well crafted piece of engineering. :chew

Back