Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for those great shots Karnis, and the mini lowdown, I'm hoping mine will be hear by the end of the week (along with a few other pieces)... woohoo!
question: why do they call this figure "big chap"?
i was too late.

answer: that's what the suit was called on the set during production of the film.
What he said.
The name got used in a few magazine articles and got latched onto by Japanese fans, so it kind of stuck.

is it not still the best alien by a mile?

In my opinion that goes to Medicom's, so long as you don't care about the scale, but I think the Revoltech is going to take that crown.

The main issue is that in the film you do actually get several close ups of the mouth and jaw, so to me the HT's face doesn't look like what I saw in the film at all. I'm impressed by the body, but the one bit they had to get right was the size, shape and colour of the face and mouth. In that respect it really misses the mark.

But we're going round in circles here. If you like it, buy it.

The main issue is that in the film you do actually get several close ups of the mouth and jaw, so to me the HT's face doesn't look like what I saw in the film at all. I'm impressed by the body, but the one bit they had to get right was the size, shape and colour of the face and mouth. In that respect it really misses the mark.

QFT:lecture

The body is fine to me, as long as they fixed the thumbs I had no problem with minor artistic licenses of extra detailing on the body and limbs. But the film places huge emphasis on the head and face and this figure only aimed at getting a glancing resemblance.

IMG_2800.jpg
Does anyone know who makes this? And what size it is.

That's a custom, based on the Marmit Statue I believe.

If Hot Toys had made theirs look like that (although I'd prefer not to be able to see the skull so clearly), I'd have bought 2. It's absolutely spot on.

I wonder were I could find one of these? Maybe eBay? I need to know the maker. I will search marmit statue on the web. I wonder how tall it is?

I wonder were I could find one of these? Maybe eBay? I need to know the maker. I will search marmit statue on the web. I wonder how tall it is?

That particular Marmit is long sold out.

Expect to pay about $400 for an unbuilt kit, if you find it.
And, you're more likely to find one on Yahoo Japan auctions.
They don't pop up on eBay very often.

It stands 23 inches tall.
But, be aware, the pic you posted is of a CUSTOM piece.
The head is much different on the original piece.

Here's mine.
(mine has been heavily customized as well)

100_0272.jpg

How many diferent size marmit statues are there. Yours is gorgeous but it's a little then I wanted . I'm now seeing a marmit a and b version with action pose on eBay . This picture is awsome . I found it on the web . It looks to be 1/6 scale.
HPIM2700.jpg

How many diferent size marmit statues are there. Yours is gorgeous but it's a little then I wanted . I'm now seeing a marmit a and b version with action pose on eBay . This picture is awsome . I found it on the web . It looks to be 1/6 scale.
HPIM2700.jpg

That's the NECA 18" version. Superb, awesome, amazing sculpt but sadly shoddy manufacturing.

How many diferent size marmit statues are there. Yours is gorgeous but it's a little then I wanted . I'm now seeing a marmit a and b version with action pose on eBay...

There are 3 different Marmit statues.
(5 if you count the two different releases of the Marmit A and B)
But, we won't get into that right now.

So, there is the 23" Marmit I posted earlier.

Then, there is the Marmit A and B statue.
These are about 1:6, more or less.

Marmit A
bb1.jpg

Marmit B
bb.jpg

i see now . very nice . i see what you mean about your custom looking better. big difference.well im looking at the body and lower portion of the head . i could see similarity's with the hot toys there but that about it. arhhhh! Anyway , i'm on the fence about getting the big chap figure. sideshow is going to have it in anyday now so i must make up my mind soon. i dont know why i'm having such a hard time canceling this thing.

I fastened the mouth closed & touched up the teeth a bit with a silver drybrush application...some would liken it to putting lipstick on a pig :D but every little bit helps. ;)
DSCN0668.jpg

The mouth gaping open all the time is a big factor in drawing attention to that area. It's still innaccurrate but at least your gaze isn't pulled right to that feature because of the goofy open mouth when the tongue's not out.

Back