Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one in hand and sold it. Simply not accurate enough for me. My hopes now go to Sideshow for a real good PF.
As much as i love Hot Toys but this is not decent enough. Also i am not a friend of their rubber stuff. You never know what happens to it in 10 or 20 years.

What is inaccurate about this thing's head? I looked at some pics from the film and it looks pretty close to me. I'm really a sucker for small details, I really am but I think you guys are being a bit silly here...

What is inaccurate about this thing's head? I looked at some pics from the film and it looks pretty close to me. I'm really a sucker for small details, I really am but I think you guys are being a bit silly here...

With all due respect, please just enjoy the figure if you can't see what's off and consider yourself lucky. We've gone over it more times than I can count. :eek:

If it looks perfect to you, that's great! That's all that really matters.

:peace

GigerAlien2.jpg

1979_alien_014.jpg

alien.jpg

The slope of the head, the too wide & prominent jaw & the teeth are what really jump out at me.

It's demonstrably inaccurate (just read over this thread for various reference images), but it doesn't matter if you like the look of it. Hell, I liked the look of the Aliens Warrior, even though it was totally inaccurate.

:lol have you seen Alien?

Post more pics of that Box. Its awesome!

I dunno I've seen, owned,loved the Alien movies and toys. To me sloping of domes and big jaws is not enough to constitute a "failen" or too deem "simply too innacurate to own". If he had ridges in the wrong places or made up things sticking out of him, an overall different design or a key deign element missing I could understand that but as it is right now I barley notice the things pointed out I do understand that something that costs so much should be perfect or close to but is it not still the best alien by a mile?

I remember in the beginning he had different hand designs and was a weird color and his skull was too visable but those were fixed his dome shape is subjective anyway how many clear shots of his head do you actually get in the movie anyway?

I've always believed the alien to be very, very dark green. Every figure and toy I've ever had of the first alien was always that so maybe that's where it came from... but I remember even in the theater as a kid thinking he's got a greenish hue. Little green aliens?

I dunno I've seen, owned,loved the Alien movies and toys. To me sloping of domes and big jaws is not enough to constitute a "failen" or too deem "simply too innacurate to own". If he had ridges in the wrong places or made up things sticking out of him, an overall different design or a key deign element missing I could understand that but as it is right now I barley notice the things pointed out I do understand that something that costs so much should be perfect or close to but is it not still the best alien by a mile?

I remember in the beginning he had different hand designs and was a weird color and his skull was too visable but those were fixed his dome shape is subjective anyway how many clear shots of his head do you actually get in the movie anyway?

Actually, the figure does have ridges in the wrong places and made up things all over the place...
As for the argument that you never saw it that well in the movie, I don't know, the jaws and mouth were the most prominently featured aspect of the alien shown in the movie. Besides, the whole point is to sculpt it the way it was sculpted by Giger, isn't it? There is a statue sculpted by Giger over a cast of Bolaji Badejo, which was used to make the suit worn by Bolaji, so it's not like it never existed as such.

Not meaning to start the whole inaccuracy debate again, just trying to respond to the issues raised.

Back