Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously do not understand how you can say that... I agree it needs work, but that is like slapping Joseph Tsang around the face.

I don't know about Joseph Tsang, but whoever decided to go with that design needs a slap round the face.

Not literally, of course.

Quite possibly, though they did bother installing the mechanism to work it, but if it was for aesthetics, they may as well not have done that either. I guess we'll see it when they update the proto.

I figured HT did that so people could at least see and know where the lever will be on the figure. :dunno

I seriously do not understand how you can say that... I agree it needs work, but that is like slapping Joseph Tsang around the face.

Yeah, the other thread is a little slice of heaven :lol

Honestly as is I'm very happy with the figure... I think if there is anything I really would want to have fixed is the 2nd thumb. The other stuff while off, doesn't seem as glaring.

But overall, if this was the final I'd be happy and buy him.

These pics are all a bit samey. Same angles, same poses just with and without backdrop, with and without stand. No extended tongue, no behind or front-on views. Everything about this strikes me as being rushed.

Passing on the figure as is.

Yep, gotta say that at this point, I'm passing as well. I will wait until pics surface showing the final product... and even then, I may wait a while until after others get it. I would like to think that HT fixed the issues that led to the Alien Warriors' limbs breaking, rubber deteriorating, etc, but I want to know for certain before I fork over $150.

Thanks for putting up the official pics Jeff, the figure looks great. The sculpting and detailing look fantastic, so kudos to Mr. Tsang and the HT team on that. I also really like the paint apps, great work.
However, I do hope HT and Mr. Tsang really do take our comments to heart and improve on the figure to make it more accurate.
Do you think it would be useful to post more reference pics here?

I'm sure we'd all be glad to lend a hand. Interestingly, if you get right down to it, it's a case of removing details, rather than re-sculpting things, except for the mouth and skull.

Anyway, if it is so desired, I can put up a chart of revised "issues" in the accuracy department and some reference pics detailing the specific parts.

Far superior alien from HT compared to their previous efforts, especially the Aliens alien which now looks like a bad toy. The detailing and paintwork is awesome.

BUT... it's still not completely the Giger Alien from A L I E N.

Of all the fixes mentioned, it's the JAW that bothers me the most. That needs to be fixed. The translucent dome is the next issue for me, but it's one of those things that I could fix myself if it came down to it. The shape of the jaw I can't solve.

Also, why are there no pics with the extending tongue? I see the trigger there, so you know it works. I wonder why they chose not to have one pic of it?

The eyes bug me the most. Not round enough and too sinister looking. Hopefully it gets fixed. The dog alien didn't get fixed from last years Con so I have my fingers crossed.

I would like to think that HT fixed the issues that led to the Alien Warriors' limbs breaking, rubber deteriorating, etc, but I want to know for certain before I fork over $150.

Then you will most likely be paying secondary market prices for it on the bay or elsewhere. Your wallet may be a bit lighter, but at least you will have peace of mind :)

It looks great as a representation of the Giger Alien imo. Guess i'm not bothered or anal enough to worry about inaccuracies. Its beautiful BERNARD

It looks great as a representation of the Giger Alien imo. Guess i'm not bothered or anal enough to worry about inaccuracies. Its beautiful BERNARD

"You admire it......." :lol If I had a quid for every time someones used that in a Alien thread!

Then you will most likely be paying secondary market prices for it on the bay or elsewhere. Your wallet may be a bit lighter, but at least you will have peace of mind :)

Prices don't go up all that much in the short term. If I wait until after it's released, I'm sure I can buy if for retail within a couple months at least.

i'm probably wrong but i do see the inaccuracies when compared the the original costume, BUT i kinda see the "errors" as elements of the original necronom paintings. i busted out my slew of giger calendars and do see some similarities with regard to the "eyes" in some of the pre alien paintings.

just a thought, nothing more.

Thanks for putting up the official pics Jeff, the figure looks great. The sculpting and detailing look fantastic, so kudos to Mr. Tsang and the HT team on that. I also really like the paint apps, great work.
However, I do hope HT and Mr. Tsang really do take our comments to heart and improve on the figure to make it more accurate.
Do you think it would be useful to post more reference pics here?

I'm sure we'd all be glad to lend a hand. Interestingly, if you get right down to it, it's a case of removing details, rather than re-sculpting things, except for the mouth and skull.

Anyway, if it is so desired, I can put up a chart of revised "issues" in the accuracy department and some reference pics detailing the specific parts.

I've sent links to lots of threads and sent pics myself in the past. I've been told that lots of reference sources were used, they are aware for example of the idiosyncracies and differences between the multiple screen worn outfits and the version on display in the Giger museum. I have a strong feeling we are seeing a first draft.
I said ages ago in another thread I think there is room for at least two versions. I'd love to see a small replica of the screen worn outfit, right down to the electrical tape on the wrists, but I'd also like to see one based on what we might have seen had Ridley Scott and Giger had all the money they wanted and CGI at their disposal (heresey I know, but hey!).
I'd even like to see some Giger concept ones... who knows.
But whatever we get I think that the pics show a great looking figure, and I think it'll be even better by the time it's released!

Hot Toys, saying that this is a faithful representation of Giger's Alien, is a slap around every Alien fan's face.

I've said before, I have no problem with Tsang's sculpting abilities.

But, we deserved EXACTLY what the Predator fans got with the orignal Pred figure...ACCURACY.

I do not apologize for voicing my opinion. Hot Toys visits this site...we all know that. They've seen us expressing our desire for AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE sculpt of the original Alien. And THIS is what we get?

Hell Wookster, you yourself said that you'd sent reference pics in the past. They had EVERY oportunity to make this as accurate of a figure as they did the Predator.

But, they chose to ignore all of that in favor of an artistic version.

Maybe we didn't see the same movie. I never really got that great a look at the Alien in the first movie. I'm not an expert. I don't know what exactly you are saying that makes it look so bad to you.

Maybe we didn't see the same movie. I never really got that great a look at the Alien in the first movie. I'm not an expert. I don't know what exactly you are saying that makes it look so bad to you.

Go back and read the original thread. Plenty of pics in there.

The point is not to get "what you saw in the movie". Hell, if that was the case, Hot Toys Wolf Pred and Predalien would be completely black and devoid of detail.

There are enough photo references of what the suit looks like to be able to sculpt an accurate Giger Alien.

The eyes are too sinister looking, they were just round eyes in the movie though mostly hid under the fogging of the dome. He is supposed to have another thumb or something on each hand and there is an ox jaw missing on his feet. Oh and his mouth is also too sinister looking.

Back