Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... I finally ordered this guy. Eager to see what he looks like in hand.

Even though this is old news and of little interest anymore, I'll throw my two cents into the ring later this week.

Mine took a dive off the shelf and now he has a tiny spider crack on the dome. I was pissed at first and then I got over it, I can just turn his head to the side. I didn't think that the dome was so fragile, just another strike against this figure.

Newbie to the forum, but I'm about to order this guy. Looking forward to finally takin' a gander in my own grubby little hands!
hope you didn't over-pay. Viking Playground and Forbidden Planet are both selling it for around $130.
that's still more than it's worth to me. but i'm not in a hurry.

Mine took a dive off the shelf and now he has a tiny spider crack on the dome. I was pissed at first and then I got over it, I can just turn his head to the side. I didn't think that the dome was so fragile, just another strike against this figure.

Yeah what were Hot Toys thinking not making indestructible domes?!:rolleyes:

Well... I finally ordered this guy. Eager to see what he looks like in hand.

Even though this is old news and of little interest anymore, I'll throw my two cents into the ring later this week.

You have been broken :lol

Its a good figure, but like all the HT aliens he's best enjoyed if you don't think too much about the inaccuracies.

Has anyone looked at Tsang's studio page recently? He has two versions of the alien up there now. The first version has been up for some time now but now this second version has popped up. I have always like the the first version and thought that it lost its look when it went into production but now looking at version 2 it appears it was re sculpted for the final production piece. Hmmmm....?

https://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/joseph-figure

why doesn't anybody replace the tubes that must go from mouth to creature's back instead of head?

alms_05.jpg

alientorso.jpg

or is the figure so far from the original that there is no need to bother?

why doesn't anybody replace the tubes that must go from mouth to creature's back instead of head?

or is the figure so far from the original that there is no need to bother?
nah, that wouldn't change anything. the entire face is completely screwed up.
i don't remember if the Medicom figure has the tubes right but they at least tried to get the face right.

Thats an awesome family shot there! Theres something about aliens figs no matter how good or bad they are individually they just rock in a group like that...

While I like the Medicom for its accuracy,the size REALLY bother me. Since I group my film figs together, this would look out of place.

Such a shame. Surely you have a work desk or something he could live on?

I don't think I will ever understand people wanting all their figures to be in scale. Different strokes I guess, but this display of Stormtroopers:

IMG_2427.jpg

is far more appealing to me than a load of identically sized 1/6 scale figures on a shelf.

Fair enough, I guess it really is a case of Different Strokes.

I just love curios and objects of all sizes. If I see something that's cool, but also happens to be small, then I can't resist it. It's the same with paintings, ornaments, books, whatever.

I can't imagine seeing a cool toy and thinking "That is brilliant. But just a few inches too small, so I'll pass". Seems like throwing the baby out with the bath water to me.

Too me all those Troopers look cluttered. A shelf of scaled 1/6 figures looks much better IMHO.
I'm of a like mind here. I used to just collect all kinds of junk and to put it all on a shelf together (GI Joes, Minimates, 1/6 scale figures, Kubricks, MEGO, Transformers of various scales, etc.), but there is something to be said for having a neat display shelf where the characters look like they belong in the same world as one another. I now have difficulties putting RAH or the DCD 13 inchers on the same shelves as my Sideshow/Hot Toys stuff.

Back