Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you dedguy. (Plus it's Hot Toys, and they have injected some narcotic in the plastic because I am insanely addicted to everything they put out.)

I swear it's in the rubber. I hate rubber on figures and I still can't help but love the figures I have with rubber bodies. Hell, three out of my four Hot Toys figures have rubber bodies. How the hell did that happen?

I swear it's in the rubber. I hate rubber on figures and I still can't help but love the figures I have with rubber bodies. Hell, three out of my four Hot Toys figures have rubber bodies. How the hell did that happen?

Has anyone tried licking the oil that is coming out of the DX Batman suit?
If that's what it is, and HTs have slipped up, we may be one step closer to freeing ourselves of this terrible addiction...:p

Their stuff really gets under your skin... you find yourself 'needing' stuff from licenses that under normal circumstances you might have no interest in. I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but look at how that figure turned out, probaly the biggest 'I gotta have it' of the past year... and that's saying something when you look at what has come out in the past year!

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!

What the F do you mean, you've bought them yourself right?.:wacky

There needs to be a warning on this site. A year ago I was a happy normal person and then I bought my first Hot Toy. Its been down hill ever since. DAMN YOU HOT TOYS!!!

Their stuff really gets under your skin... you find yourself 'needing' stuff from licenses that under normal circumstances you might have no interest in. I'm not the biggest Wolverine fan, but look at how that figure turned out, probaly the biggest 'I gotta have it' of the past year... and that's saying something when you look at what has come out in the past year!

:lecture Right, as I am staring at my Gorilla Soldier & General Ursus. :monkey2

I think its plastic crak. You touch the figure an BAM!! its over. Next thing you know you find yourself contemplating the purchase of figure to a movie you havent even seen because the figure looks "kinda Hot" Someone needs to start a 7 step for HT addiction! :lol

74e35dd9fe4f49511ebb100d559f34e0f67beeb.jpg

Last edited:
Its not just in the plastic, its all the damn pictures. I was sure that I was not going to get the original Predator. I was sure of it. Picture. Picture. Picture. Slowly giving in. Picture. Picture. Picture. Bought. Its this frikkin board. I'm check this thing like my girlfriend checks Facebook. You people suck! But thanks for sharing.

Thanks brother!! Means A LOT.

Just know that I'm not as worried about him being completely screen accurate. So if you are looking for a cool artistic rendition of the Alien then you will like him, but if you want something very accurate, then you will be disappointed.

Good advice, Reiny, I'm pretty much still riding the fence... always said it is a striking display piece in some poses against that backdrop, but will it be enough? Stay tuned...

Its definetly the pictures! I never thought I would buy human characters just cause they never were usually as cool, but now I have Connor, Marcus, Nostromo crew, powerloader, machiko, dx joker and dx batman on preorder!

I think its plastic crak. You touch the figure an BAM!! its over. Next thing you know you find yourself contemplating the purchase of figure to a movie you havent even seen because the figure looks "kinda Hot" Someone needs to start a 7 step for HT addiction! :lol

74e35dd9fe4f49511ebb100d559f34e0f67beeb.jpg

I have the same problem, I just can't stop buying these HT figures. I just love to display them, they are just amazing works of art. I just got the Wolverine last week and I am already wanting a new figure. I need that 7 step program because I really think this is a valid addiction. When I have to lie about where the money went to my wife and I am sneaking toys into the house, I have a problem!!! I will just get one more toy and then I will stop, I swear.

My 'big chap' turned up today. I ordered it despite reading all the comments here on this board and finally thought I need to see it in the flesh. I have to say I'm really, really disappointed with it. I own the CM alien and even though its not that accurate, I still like its looks. The Hot Toys version just gives me no 'WOW' factor whatsoever. Its gone straight back into its box and will probably end up on ebay by the weekend.
Still 1 disapointment out of 31 other Hot Toys that I own ain't too bad overall.

That was me with Iron Man, indeed any of the Superhero figures from HT because I hadn't bought a superhero character since I was a child. It had been all Star Wars, Predator, Terminator, Aliens and Robocop up until 2008 and those damned TDK figures started me back.

And now theres temptation all around - 300, Blade, Inglourious Basterds, Tony Stark Mech test suit, BD Iron Man etc etc. But its a huge risk for me to buy Leonidos since I'd no doubt then want to buy any similar swords'n sandals warrior figure from the ancient greek and roman eras, or sword carrying warriors from any era for that matter. And if I buy Aldo Raine that will mean I'll either want more WWII era figures and/or more figures from Quentin Tarantino films. None of which have ever really been on my 'must haves if made' list before.

Back