Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could we please stop harping on the mouth?

I am debating re-doing all the teeth out of polystyrene on mine though. Not because the mouth or teeth bug me at all personally but just because I enjoy doing mods. All the mods I did to my Pred I did to make it more accurate, not because I needed it to be but because it was fun. So no more "haha you said it's great but it needs modification". No I didn't, I've said it's great and I'm going to modify mine because I enjoy that aspect of the hobby a whole lot.

May also add the tube around the dome if I can find something suitable. The one on the Medicom is way too big imo. I need to find something very thin and flexible and preferably already corrugated.

Me too!
Eventually. Hope to see what you do first! :D
Fantastic photos of your Chap! He looks absolutely amazing in those shots to me.

One more quick fix suggestion to all with this figure in hand....
Speaking of hands:
Use the bendy hands and not the preposed ones.
But first, really press the thumbs inward towards the palms a bit, arching the palms inward somewhat, and then futz with the thumbs and finger sets at the knuckles only, to shape them in more realistic and natual poses. The fingertips bend back outward a tad too. To me, they look much more like the movie accurate hands than the overly dramatic extra hands do. The extras are more dramatic, but less ALIEN.
It's a matter of personal preference on each person's figure of course, but with all this talk of movie accuracy and such, the bendys are much more adaptable for accurate poses than the preposed dramatic ones are.

Just my two on that.

I know the preposed hands are all wrong, but I actually like them. They hold the detail more, being made of plastic and not bendy rubber.

Well, I love mine without shame.

aaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

The thing that bothers me the most is the "face/skull" part.
I don't mind the mouth because I'm used to that on the HT aliens.
Maybe I'll feel better if I "black out" the front part of the dome like McF did with their ALIEN figures.

Hmmm.... *thinks*

I envy those who love their figure. :(

Knock on wood, but my Alien feels pretty sturdy. I wouldn't play with him, by any means, but he feels as though he could handle more than my frail Dog Alien.

And in person, the mouth doesn't really bother me at all. Might give the teeth a silver chrome finish, but I'm in no rush. Really an underrated figure, and I'm not just saying that because I forked over the green for him. I don't feel bad about selling my little Medicom now.

I don't love the sculpted hands as their way too all over the place. I think I did a pretty decent job of posing the bendy hands on mine though.

Nothing fancy, just some friends requested some scale comparison pics.

4275406744_6a36f28696_b.jpg

4275408532_a950a6598f_b.jpg

And just for all the haters.
4275410652_1c6f3ec684_b.jpg

Whatever they did or didn't get right, it looks like they did a good job of having a scrawny body with a bulky head for proportions and he looks really nice with the Predator.

Yeah they make an excellent pair although I feel like the alien is a touch over scale (not like vader over scale or anything though) and the Pred, as often discussed, is a hair under scale due to the shorter neck. I hear there's a neck mod to fix that, which I wouldn't mind doing as with the mask on (my favorite look) the neck looks a bit short.

ALIEN vs. JONESY
Whoever wins... Brett gets yelled at. :mad:

Xe002.jpg

Xe027.jpg

Xe022.jpg

Xe015.jpg

Xe006.jpg

Those who think the figure is perfect are blind.

Last edited:
Nothing is perfect.

Did the chestburster come with it? I didn't even open the stand or anything since I didn't really care about the stand or the extra hands.

Nothing is perfect.

Did the chestburster come with it? I didn't even open the stand or anything since I didn't really care about the stand or the extra hands.

True.

I wish it came with a chestburster! :monkey3
That's KONAMI's blind-box chestburster. If you're looking for a HT chestburster, you might have to score the one that came with the exclusive Wolf Predator (cleaner). Even though it's an AVP chestburster, I think it looks OK.

See chestburster to the left:
pic064.jpg

Damn you Ded...everytime I see a pic of your Pred...I WANT ONE!

LOVE this shot-

4275406744_6a36f28696_b.jpg

Nothing is perfect.

No, that's the Konami Chestburster.

I'm not too big on a chestburster although a facehugger would have been awesome, just for comedy photos.

I really like my Alien. Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't change anything if I could go back and not buy it but... in some ways Hot Toys did kinda phone this one in. I mean, they could have included a chestburster and a facehugger. They didn't have to obviously but it would have been cool and is an excelent answer to "what kind of accessories would you even give an Alien"

Back