Hot Toys - MMS 100 - Terminator Salvation - Marcus Wright- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well then i salute your awesome photography and lighting expertise.

Well I really still dunno what I am doing as everything I take is still in auto mode :rotfl

I took the shoulder strap and shirt off the figure. I then layered tissue over top of shoulders to make them a little taller. It is also placed so that it pads the shoulder joints to stop shoulder strap digging in and looking wierd. Tape holds tissue in place. I cut the strap on back of figure at a seam to take it off as I could not see another way to take it off. I then glued it back together again when placed back on.

Hopefully that helps.

Oh ingenious!!!! I couldn't figure out how you did no matter what I did with the clothes!! Thanks so much cause your look soooo good with those padding :D

Hot toys Marcus Wright, very good figure......
MarcusWright6.jpg
MarcusWright3.jpg
MarcusWright1.jpg
MarcusWright2.jpg
MarcusWright4.jpg
MarcusWright5.jpg
MarcusWright7.jpg
[/IMG]

Hot toys Marcus Wright, very good figure......
MarcusWright1.jpg

Nice photo's. Are you just showing off the undamaged head there with damaged or are you planning on having two Marcus's if you can track down some more clothing?

This isn't by Kojun, it's by GOX, having both side by side with Kojuns JC I find it hard to pick a favourite, but Marcus does kind of pull ahead a little for me!

JC still comes out tops imo. Its the paint aps that astound me most. I've passed on this figure mainly because i have to be selective with what i buy now...However, that hasn't stopped me buying the battle damaged head sculpt and that awesome blue coat to put together a kit bash with my interpretation of how i want him to look!:banana

I'd say the Marcus sculpt has a better likeness to the actor but, paint is just a tad above average where John Connor has a good sculpt, not as good a likeness as Marcus but way way better paint.

This isn't by Kojun, it's by GOX, having both side by side with Kojuns JC I find it hard to pick a favourite, but Marcus does kind of pull ahead a little for me!

It is amazing how little distinction there is between Yulli's work, Kojun, and Gox's, I think they each have subtle traits that define their work, like Kojun's stuff always seems to have this "rough" trait to it, hard to articulate but you might get what I mean, but in terms of how they handle hair and everything, very very similar, fine detailing and all. Which in a way is good, I personally prefer when you're collecting a number of figures from a line, that they all feel like they belong together and if you have 4-5 figures with 2-3 different sculptors with very unique ways of doing things, figures can look out of place but if the majority of features are similar enough, then it works. People are just assuming Marcus is Kojun, which goes to show how well GOX can stand on a shelf next to a Kojun sculpt and look like they belong together.

It is amazing how little distinction there is between Yulli's work, Kojun, and Gox's, I think they each have subtle traits that define their work, like Kojun's stuff always seems to have this "rough" trait to it, hard to articulate but you might get what I mean, but in terms of how they handle hair and everything, very very similar, fine detailing and all. Which in a way is good, I personally prefer when you're collecting a number of figures from a line, that they all feel like they belong together and if you have 4-5 figures with 2-3 different sculptors with very unique ways of doing things, figures can look out of place but if the majority of features are similar enough, then it works. People are just assuming Marcus is Kojun, which goes to show how well GOX can stand on a shelf next to a Kojun sculpt and look like they belong together.

I would like to believe they are all buddies and go out for drinks after work and then discuss their new ideas and skills :banana

Depends, they may not ever meet, they could just work from home, I believe a number of Sideshow sculptors don't actually work in the main office and just work in their home environments, which is best anyway, I know for me, I always do my best art when I can work in the environment I build for myself to be at comfort and inspired and all, rather than some generic office somewhere.

Back