Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool figure.

SDC12572.jpg

SDC12573.jpg

SDC12575.jpg

SDC12577.jpg

You've got the donut head figure into a similar format as the McFarlane 7" - a mixture of looks all into one figure to capture what T-1000 was about even though its not accurate to any one scene - it looks pretty cool actually.

Thanks man, it certainly was protected well from other UPS parcels crushing it.

Vodoun your pictures are amazing.

A little off topic but Dino why don't you have the T-800 yet? Just wondering 'cause you seem to really like the Terminator stuff.

I have him but I haven't opened him as I was kind of hoping to see if they were doing a BD version of him. Limited space and I would prefer a BD version to the clean one...I think.

Getting my T-1000 on Wednesday though...it's going to be hard not to break into both that afternoon.

You've got the donut head figure into a similar format as the McFarlane 7" - a mixture of looks all into one figure to capture what T-1000 was about even though its not accurate to any one scene - it looks pretty cool actually.
Yeah, initially I wanted to pose him "screen accurate," but I figured it would be a shame not to use all the cool stuff he comes with, so I used my favorite head and went to town.

Was searching the bay for a donut head and came across a copy of it. It says its Not Real Stuff and I was just curious if anybody has bought these or now if these are any good. Thanks

Got my T1000 fig today from Alter Ego - looks nice from what I can tell. As usual, box arrived mint except for two prominent dings.....so, I have three non mint $150 figures from Hot Toys - I have yet to get one mint box from them. Alter Ego double boxed but didnt inspect item prior to shipping, clearly.

Frustrated.....what's the point in paying for an item that you'll never been able to say is in Mint condition?

I got mine from AE today as well.. I threw out the box(es)

no you didn't. your just saying that to start ____ with the poster who wants mint boxes. admit it.:nana::lol

however if you did actually do that, in my honest opinion..you aren't being very smart in your collecting habits. you just killed your secondary market value by about 30% on this, maybe more. surely you could have found a place to store the box. (attic, garage, grandmas, somewhere) OR, you probably could have even sold it for 15-20 bucks. i see you said "box(es), so let's assume that you meant two. in my estimate, that is 30-40 bucks in boxes you just "threw away". gots to think smart...:lecture:slap

(yeah yeah yeah.."but i'll never sell these so whats the big deal?"...right?):lol:peace
'

A little off topic but Dino why don't you have the T-800 yet? Just wondering 'cause you seem to really like the Terminator stuff.

I have him but I haven't opened him as I was kind of hoping to see if they were doing a BD version of him. Limited space and I would prefer a BD version to the clean one...I think.

Getting my T-1000 on Wednesday though...it's going to be hard not to break into both that afternoon.

I do
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0JphZA-1mm4?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0JphZA-1mm4?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
It's one of my most popular Videos, with over 7 and a half thousand views

I do
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0JphZA-1mm4?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0JphZA-1mm4?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
It's one of my most popular Videos, with over 7 and a half thousand views

:slap I thought you did...but I didn't take the time to look for it yesterday. I thought I heard in your review of the T-1000 that you still needed to get him. Who knows...I need to stop drinking during the day.... :thud: :lol

Mine was suppose to be delivered tomorrow but I just check on the tracking and its out for delivery :yess:. I guess I cant bad mouth UPS for taking forever to get it here.

Amazing.... USPS is horrid. It's taken OVER A DAMN WEEK to get from Arizona to the SF Bay Area. It shipped Friday Sept 3rd and according to the ever accurate USPS tracking system it's been at a sorting facility 25 miles from my home for the last 5 days. CRAP.

I got mine yesterday...i am pretty underwhelmed, first off the shipper and the box inside was smashed, creased rather...so that pretty much set the tone...

I ordered it from CSC and they have yet to reply to my complaint...

As far as the figure goes, it's okay...this is my all time favorite movie villain and i guess my expectations were high despite the pics i have seen showcasing the issues.

The hands in person are definitely oversized despite the "it's a non-issue in hand" comments...it certainly is an BIG issue.

The forearems are too long as well...even though i knew about it, the NO left hand REAL trigger finger hand is still annoying, i thought i could do the boil method but there is NO WAY to make it work without a ton of work...if it could work at all.

I feel like HT just woo'ed us with bells and whistles and overlooked major issues...the fact that the "No-No"hand is actually larger than the other left hands is really annoying and goes to show how much they were not paying attention to details.

I feel the sculpt isn't quite there either, it's like the T-800 in an oppisite manner...like the Arnie is too squatty and the Patrick is too wide.

All in all i like it, i just wanted it too be better than it was and all the pics showing it being WAY awesome were simply trick photography to me.

I am glad you guys love this figure and wanted a 1000 different versions...

However, one will be enough for me.

M.

Back