Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Point. T2 left out for some reason?

Just thought of it, they're likely in CA with our friends at Sideshow for Comic Con, though last year Wolverine was at both shows, so who knows, maybe with the change of the Sarah T-1000 not being a con piece, they didn't want to push T2 at the show or something.

Can't see a lot of reasons not to have T2 there over some of the other stuff, except maybe that T2 is almost done and they're still trying to sell of Iron Man and the new items. I saw Hans photos but no Aldo.

Thats what you said about the v1 Batman.

Different situation though. With Batman, I'd only seen the movie a few times and had a few photos at the time, I liked what I saw, I hadn't developed my "what it should like" mental picture yet, by the time TDK hit DVD and I watched it a lot and gathered up all the press photos I have, the issues became blaring.

With T2, I've already watched it more than enough times, I have my personal visions of how things should look and this figure suits that just fine as is, if they better it, great, but I won't be bothered if they don't.

Nein! No differenty situation! Somewhat meh sculpt some people say fine as is, Hot Toys use it as an excuse for v2. Most of everyone creams it, says v1 sucketh!

Not much room for a second of this figure, the sculpt's pretty much the only thing that could use work, costume looks great, all the parts for both cotumes are there. I don't see HT revisiting T2, they'll finish, move onto T1, and only come back to T2 if some crazy new ability comes along down the road to make the figures better than these, but I really can't imagine what else they could do to make nicer figures than this.

Again, Batman came out before the movie even hit theaters, collectors weren't too accustomed to the film look vs. the figure, once it shipped and people were more familiar, they called HT out for the flaws, plus the Medicom figure swayed people on the room for improvement and an example of better being possible.

T2's 20 years old, everyone, from HT to collectors, is very familiar with the source material and HT's been called out for the flaw in this figure, the sculpt, not a peep about any of the rest, it all looks like it should.

they called HT out for the flaws

They're not doing that already? the last I recall they were across many boards.

T2's 20 years old, everyone, from HT to collectors, is very familiar with the source material and HT's been called out for the flaw in this figure, the sculpt, not a peep about any of the rest, it all looks like it should.

^^

Quite a number have questioned the head sculpt that looks slightly off and even though this one wasn't really all that important the hands were brought up especially the finger. Just more of it was focused on the head sculpt was just a little odd.

I'm not criticizing it. Just what I have read and some people like to nitpick worse than I do. :)

And I said that people had called HT out regarding the head, that's why I didn't understand the question.

I can live with small details being off, what bothered me with v1 Batman was how hugely off his build was, especially the chest, it ruined my photo quality and just tainted my experience with the figure.

Anyone heard about BBTS orders? I have it po thru both SS and BBTS. I don't want to lose the figure but I don't want to be charged a cancellation fee either. :gah:

And I said that people had called HT out regarding the head, that's why I didn't understand the question.

I can live with small details being off, what bothered me with v1 Batman was how hugely off his build was, especially the chest, it ruined my photo quality and just tainted my experience with the figure.

The head was also off on the v1 Batman. Which is what this is slightly suffering, just not as bad as Batman but still suffering nevertheless.

Anyone heard about BBTS orders? I have it po thru both SS and BBTS. I don't want to lose the figure but I don't want to be charged a cancellation fee either. :gah:

By "SS", do you mean SSC (Sideshow Collectibles)? If so, then neither of them charge a PO cancellation fee, so you should be fine cancelling from either store.

The head was also off on the v1 Batman. Which is what this is slightly suffering, just not as bad as Batman but still suffering nevertheless.

As much as that was off, if the v1 head had come out on the DX body, I'd have been ok, I do love the DX portrait improvements, but the body stood out to me the most, the super chest just really was too He-Man style for me.

As far as the T-1000 head, it could be subtly tweaked, but I don't see anything dramatic that needs doing, and one of the things I feel could be tweaked, the bulk of his hair on the sides, may be part of how he can wear the helmet, so it might not even be an option to fix.

By "SS", do you mean SSC (Sideshow Collectibles)? If so, then neither of them charge a PO cancellation fee, so you should be fine cancelling from either store.

BBTS doesn't have a cancellation fee? I haven't received a response to my email but based on your response I need to look into it further. I never used them before but they were one of the first to po. I'll keep SS if that's the case since they are my normal distributor. Thanks.

Back