Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just about to post about his extra two arm in the helicopter.

Would any of us really pose him with them on if they were included?

Maybe, have to see how it fits, I've had a couple figures where HT designed the fly of the pants to shut by the tightening of the belt, there was no fastener. Even if you need a belt though, you don't have to get the one that comes with this figure, any old 1/6 belt will serve the function and it'll be hiddent behind the police belt.

Yeah, I have plenty of belts sitting in the part bin.... One less thing to worry about. :D This is going to be a damn fun figure to get. Can't wait!

He actually has 4 arms, two to pilot, and two to shoot/reload. You can see all four in this shot (the second left hand is visible in the lower right corner):
vlcsnap-2010-01-04-19h58m41s192smal.png

Yea thats awesome, being that Cameron is himself a pilot if I'm not mistaken, its nice to see he understands the importance of having your hands on both collective and cyclic especially if you were flying that close to the ground.

And it would be quite easy to use the Police Belt for the Biker version and the pants belt for the factory version... So we'd really only need a TT and the shirts to make two figures with one box.

Well you can use the pants belt for the steel mill version, but you will also have to use the biker pants and boots. So you would then have to get another pair of biker pants, and another pair of boots if you wanted to make the biker as well.
That's the headache caused by making one purchase.

Well you can use the pants belt for the steel mill version, but you will also have to use the biker pants and boots. So you would then have to get another pair of biker pants, and another pair of boots if you wanted to make the biker as well.
That's the headache caused by making one purchase.

Not sure I follow Dino??? There's two pairs of pants, two belts and two pairs of shoes.... Biker pants, Boots and Police Belt for one and Regular pants, regular shoes and standard belt for the other.... right?

Are you saying in the steel mill the T-800 is wearing the biker boots and pants?

Not sure I follow Dino??? There's two pairs of pants, two belts and two pairs of shoes.... Biker pants, Boots and Police Belt for one and Regular pants, regular shoes and standard belt for the other.... right?

Are you saying in the steel mill the T-800 is wearing the biker boots and pants?

Think of the special edition scene where T-1000 is glitching in the steel mill. His boots turn into the metal grating he's walking on.

Yep, he wears the biker cop trousers and boots combined with the normal patrol cop shirt in the steel mill scenes. Who knows why they made this change for the end of the film.

Think of the special edition scene where T-1000 is glitching in the steel mill. His boots turn into the metal grating he's walking on.

Yep, he wears the biker cop trousers and boots combined with the normal patrol cop shirt in the steel mill scenes. Who knows why they made this change for the end of the film.

I think it was to show he was malfunctioning, although I have to say it passed me by for quite a few years until I saw the special edition

I think it was to show he was malfunctioning, although I have to say it passed me by for quite a few years until I saw the special edition

I think it was when the Sideshow figure came out that I realised. Sideshow portrayed him with trousers and shoes in contrast to the McFarlane 7" figure which had the boots over the pants...so I must have investigated then.

Yeah, I have plenty of belts sitting in the part bin.... One less thing to worry about. :D This is going to be a damn fun figure to get. Can't wait!

Yup, after my issues with Sarah, it was nice to get this announcement immediately after getting her to get right back into the excitement of this line, as this figure set indeed rocks and will be great to have in hand.

As for the costuming in the steel mill, there was all sorts of little things Cameron did to indicate that after being blasted into shards, not all the pieces got back together and he was functioning improperly. It's all in the special edition but in the theatrical cut, it was toned down, they didn't want to lose the threat and figured if people kept seeing him glitch, the fear of him getting John and Sarah wouldn't be as strong. In the theatrical, the only real signs of the problem are the mismatch of patrol shirt with biker books and pants and the little reset effect after he pushes T-800s hand into the gear. In the SE, there's a similar shot to the one I just mentioned, plus a shot of his boots semi-absorbing the floor as he walks into the mill, his hand getting stuck on a railing and taking on it's properties, and the grating boots when he disguises as Sarah. I'm glad HT made those, even though you only see them in the SE version of the movie.

He actually has 4 arms, two to pilot, and two to shoot/reload. You can see all four in this shot (the second left hand is visible in the lower right corner):
vlcsnap-2010-01-04-19h58m41s192smal.png

I would have said 3, but sure enough he actually has 4. Crazy. I'm ashamed I didn't know that, but now I do so I know everything again.:hi5::yess:

Yup, after my issues with Sarah, it was nice to get this announcement immediately after getting her to get right back into the excitement of this line, as this figure set indeed rocks and will be great to have in hand.

As for the costuming in the steel mill, there was all sorts of little things Cameron did to indicate that after being blasted into shards, not all the pieces got back together and he was functioning improperly. It's all in the special edition but in the theatrical cut, it was toned down, they didn't want to lose the threat and figured if people kept seeing him glitch, the fear of him getting John and Sarah wouldn't be as strong. In the theatrical, the only real signs of the problem are the mismatch of patrol shirt with biker books and pants and the little reset effect after he pushes T-800s hand into the gear. In the SE, there's a similar shot to the one I just mentioned, plus a shot of his boots semi-absorbing the floor as he walks into the mill, his hand getting stuck on a railing and taking on it's properties, and the grating boots when he disguises as Sarah. I'm glad HT made those, even though you only see them in the SE version of the movie.

I wouldn't call his Steel Mill outfit a glitch really. He just lost the helmet, sunglasses, police belt/accessories, and jacket from his biker look. He more or less slimmed down. Thats what he was wearing underneath all of that other stuff he ditched. But when you really analyze it like we are, it is an interesting choice. If he was truely having a wardrobe malfunction I'd have liked to see bits and pieces of his clothing mixed with some of his other transformations like the security guard or John's stepmother. But since he was able (mostly) to transform into Sarah at the end, his transforming abilities weren't totally messed up.

Frankly I like the added glitches of the SE version. I would expect him to not function properly after freezing like that. If Arnold had gotten blasted with the liquid nitrogen I'd expect him to not work very well either, it not just break apart all together like the T-1000 was starting to. But I do agree that him not glitching makes him more threatening. If freezing him can't stop him, what will? :gah:

Now that we are talking about glitching, those pieces like the black and yellow hand might be a good exclusive for Sideshow or a pack in with another figure. Frankly if doing pack-ins are the only way to get some of these things, then I'm fine with it. Doing it with a con exclusive was a bit of a low blow, but with a normal released figure, there are enough places that part out now that you could just get the bonus item you want if you don't want the full figure.

A-dev
Maulfan
Buttmunch

The three crazy guys aiming for 4+ T-1000s :panic:

Well, Sideshow's got it up for order, I've got 3 on order now, 2 at Sideshow, one at Toys2, Sideshow has a limit so if I feel i need a 4th to make this, which I think I'll be ok not doing, probably go BBTS just to have the option to cancel if need be.

Just POed two, myself. Since SSC got the T-800 in so quick compared to the other online retailers, this seemed like the best option for one so impatient... like myself.

Back