Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a Navy blue cop shirt for $1 and a white T-shirt for $3 on eBay. They are pretty much hidden by the biker jacket anyway.
I just need to get second gun belt when somebody parts it out and I have a second figure I can display. I might get a second clean sculpt though.

Honestly, I wish Yulli had done the sculpt. Almost every series has the same sculptor do all the major characters and now on the most important franchise they have, they decide to mix it up :slap I don't know which other figures Jeon Young Tae has made or if this is their first one but I can only imagine what a Yulli T1000 could have been.

I have the same feeling I had when they switched Steve with Joe on 'Blues Clues' :panic: Joe is not Steve, Joe is a lie. :pfft:.......:monkey2

I think the likeness of the sculpt is good but there are 4 problem areas:

T2_T1000_PR18shop5.jpg

The top of the head is a little too long, I didn't see this at first but now after looking at screen shots and photo of Robert, I understand what people are saying.

The ears are exaggerated. Whats happening on the sculpt is, the back of the ear is being pushed forward and the entire surface of the ear is visible on the head shot.And they are elongated as well. On Robert Patrick, the lower part is close against the side and as they go up they start to angle outward at the tip

Eyebrows. The sculpt has the classic 'Anime Eyebrows' When someone moves their eyebrows ( in real life ) they don't become pointy at the ends like a triangle.

Eyes are open too wide. This is not a likeness problem, this is a character problem. When T-1000 has a neutral expression (like during the whole movie) his eyes are squinting just a little. He is always focused on what he's looking at, like he's zooming in on something. Also there shouldn't be any white under the iris

Last edited:
So do hot toys always[i/] copy what NECA does? First, last year, we get all those T-800 arnold figures... And then hot toys releases one. This year, we get the NECA T-1000 back in march, and now hot toys is doing one... ::)

Considering the price on this I'll just get a few versions of both NECAs and just make a bunch of different versions from the movie.

SpawnBoards.jpg

LOL, the spawnies have an undying hatred for NECA, I should know, I used to be on there a lot.

T2_T1000_PR18shop5.jpg

Eyebrows. The sculpt has the classic 'Anime Eyebrows' When someone moves their eyebrows ( in real life ) they don't become pointy at the ends like a triangle.

Eyes are open too wide. This is not a likeness problem, this is a character problem. When T-1000 has a neutral expression (like during the whole movie) his eyes are squinting just a little. He is always focused on what he's looking at, like he's zooming in on something. Also there shouldn't be any white under the iris

I can deal with the wide-eyes, because I'm pretty sure that the T1000's eyes go wide whenever it sees John or is in a combat situation.

However I agree with your other critiques.

Untitled-1.png

I'm not gonna disagree with any of the criticisms raised, just for some reason unknown even to me I'm not feeling too fussy about it right now.

Y'know sometimes I agree with you. Either its all the same person or somehow theres just a lot of people joining this forum only for the Neca threads and all of them seem to have a poor attitude, slagging off the HT figures to justify their refusal to lay down that kind of money on a collectible. I'd say a lot of them have just been Selektiv and his multiple accounts though.

Y'know sometimes I agree with you. Either its all the same person or somehow theres just a lot of people joining this forum only for the Neca threads and all of them seem to have a poor attitude, slagging off the HT figures to justify their refusal to lay down that kind of money on a collectible. I'd say a lot of them have just been Selektiv and his multiple accounts though.

Yup. NECA are great for what they are (in most cases), but personally, if I was a hardcore collector of the stuff, which I admittedly am only casual, I'd be embarrassed by these guys. I don't think that's something they even consider and makes it even harder for everyone else to see a legitimate point when brought up, with all the fanboy trouser creampie BS overshadowing it.

Yup. NECA are great for what they are (in most cases), but personally, if I was a hardcore collector of the stuff, which I admittedly am only casual, I'd be embarrassed by these guys. I don't think that's something they even consider and makes it even harder for everyone else to see a legitimate point when brought up, with all the fanboy trouser creampie BS overshadowing it.

That is how I, as a big fan of the neca T2 line, feel about it as I've said to a few friends here in pms. I could try to make a legit point if the topic comes up but as soon as it does you have certain people butting in with useless trolling posts. They aren't trying to make an argument, they're just looking to wind people up - I'm sure they do believe what they're saying but with no attempt to be rational and comprehensible about it all it does is annoy people here and create negative associations - "oh theres a picture of the neca figure standing beside the HT figure aaannnnd Selektiv will appear in 5...4....3...2-" etc etc

Honestly, I wish Yulli had done the sculpt. Almost every series has the same sculptor do all the major characters and now on the most important franchise they have, they decide to mix it up :slap I don't know which other figures Jeon Young Tae has made or if this is their first one but I can only imagine what a Yulli T1000 could have been.

I have the same feeling I had when they switched Steve with Joe on 'Blues Clues' :panic: Joe is not Steve, Joe is a lie. :pfft:.......:monkey2

I think the likeness of the sculpt is good but there are 4 problem areas:

T2_T1000_PR18shop5.jpg

The top of the head is a little too long, I didn't see this at first but now after looking at screen shots and photo of Robert, I understand what people are saying.

The ears are exaggerated. Whats happening on the sculpt is, the back of the ear is being pushed forward and the entire surface of the ear is visible on the head shot.And they are elongated as well. On Robert Patrick, the lower part is close against the side and as they go up they start to angle outward at the tip

I can see a lot of the points or critiques of the sculpt you are talking about and I agree the sculpt can use a little bit of touching up in those areas IMO.

Overall though, I'm not going to be upset if the figure from the pics is what I get but I do hope they clean it up a little bit from your suggestions.

What's the track record in the past with production pics to final product for HT's anyways? I own several of their figures but I don't believe from previous production photos that the sculpts were changed for the particular figures I own. Abs on one of them :lol, but not sculpts.

I 100% agree, i wish yulli resculpts this. Are you getting this figure snake?

Oh yes totally bud. At least 2.

BUt still needs some serious tweaking eh? Was looking forward to this more than the T800, so really want the sculpts improved. Even though they are still pretty good.

And you?

Well, more than words (moreover, poorly controlled in the language of Shakespeare... :horror), here is a series of shots with Robert Patrick and his understudy HT.
They are crafts quickly made but should open the eyes of some.
I should mention in passing that I love Hot Toys figures and that even if the likeness was not as I wish, I will buy one anyway.
Peace and prosperity... :peace

Back