Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is $250 a good deal for this?

well is that not cheaper than the original selling price?
I would say yes buy it as they are becoming harder to find.
I recently bought one for £155.00 which is about $243.00
and it is an amazing figure.

I think people are holding out for a DX T-1000 but i doubt it will hapen

Can't wait to see Enterbay's T-1000 sculpt. If they actually go ahead with it and don't just hope we forget they ever mentioned it like the Endoskeleton.

Was looking at Robert Patrick screengrabs and, though nice, the HT sculpt is only an approximation really - they actually got his hairline very wrong, particularly on the temples and the back of his head.

I mean compare your figure to this:

Honestly I think it's a very good likeness, the hair may be a tad too dark though.

Yeah I've always thought they made his hair a bit too dark. NECA got it more right both in the colour and the overall shape, as they tend to do for some reason. And I've never been fond of the the actual sculpting of his hair and how far down the back of his neck it goes. These are silly nitpicks to many but not to me. Get the damn hair right.

The face...kinda looks like him, they chose a great expression that really suits the T-1000 in his more determined moments while also working beautifully for the biker cop helmeted look.

It was only yesterday though that I noticed how badly wrong they got his hairline. Amazing actually, I'd like to know what pics they were looking at if any. I can't unsee it now. So maybe its best people don't check up on this.

Now I'm not so sure I want it anymore... maybe I'll stick with the Robocop vs Terminator setup? I was planning on getting ED-209 so Robocop would have a baddie and likewise with the T-1000, but now I may just end up having 2 T-800s without a baddie with a possible 2nd Robocop in the mix if they release one with the Murphy sculpt. Otherwise, I might just try to get the sculpt separately.

That thumbs up dropping down into the molten fire sounds really cool! Can't wait to see it!

I think the T-1000 overall looks like a cool figure, and I still want to pick one up eventually. I do agree that the likeness is a little off, but that's just me.

BTW, it's very hard to capture the explosive awesomeness of R Patrick's Hairline.

Even here, T-1000 is thinking "Man, this liquid guy doesn't have a great hairline like me"

T23.jpg

Now I'm not so sure I want it anymore... maybe I'll stick with the Robocop vs Terminator setup?

Robocop versus Terminator set up sounds cool, great throwback to the old comics and computer game...there was a game wasn't there?

However I wasn't intending to put people off buying a HT T-1000. The figure is still amazing, it was truly a dream-come-true release back then and by todays standards it holds up well. You can recreate almost every T-1000 scene using this figure. All I'm saying is I don't consider the headsculpt to be the final word on Robert Patrick's likeness in the film. My main praise would be for the overall package...especially if you add in DX13's steel rod! An accessory which just as easily fits this figure.

BTW, it's very hard to capture the explosive awesomeness of R Patrick's Hairline.

Even here, T-1000 is thinking "Man, this liquid guy doesn't have a great hairline like me"

T23.jpg

:lol :lol

I wonder what T-1000 would have done had he succeeded in his mission. Maybe he'd go back to the Galleria and steal that mannequin.

I think the hair was intentional on Hot Toys part. They had to be able to fit the Motorcycle helmet on him.

The only thing that has bothered me about the figure since day one are the hands. The proportions just aren't right and they needed better trigger finger hands. Then again, that seems to be every figure's problem unfortunately.

Robocop versus Terminator set up sounds cool, great throwback to the old comics and computer game...there was a game wasn't there?

However I wasn't intending to put people off buying a HT T-1000. The figure is still amazing, it was truly a dream-come-true release back then and by todays standards it holds up well. You can recreate almost every T-1000 scene using this figure. All I'm saying is I don't consider the headsculpt to be the final word on Robert Patrick's likeness in the film. My main praise would be for the overall package...especially if you add in DX13's steel rod! An accessory which just as easily fits this figure.

:lol :lol

I wonder what T-1000 would have done had he succeeded in his mission. Maybe he'd go back to the Galleria and steal that mannequin.

He's probably start hunting down annoying people.

tumblr_m0beglt5ch1r5ur0ho1_500.gif

I think the hair was intentional on Hot Toys part. They had to be able to fit the Motorcycle helmet on him.

The only thing that has bothered me about the figure since day one are the hands. The proportions just aren't right and they needed better trigger finger hands. Then again, that seems to be every figure's problem unfortunately.

Nah, getting the hairline right wouldn't have impacted on the helmet. The fullness of the hair might.

Agreed about the hands though, they look stupidly big and always did. Enterbay hands tend to be smaller although the Jack Bauer hands that I have are oddly Asian in skintone. Leon's hands are a bit better (bought full set on ebay a while back). Although if you want the wagging finger, unless you find a smaller substitute for the wagging finger hand itself, you're stuck using the overly large hands that come with the T-1000.

Overly large hands and those extra thin forearms are a bad combination. I looked at pics of them for a long time before deciding they weren't enough of a put off to stop me from buying, but they still hurt the figure.

I think even if I were objective on the subject there wouldn't be enough wrong with this figure to be a put-off from buying it. That said I'd welcome a new one to see what they could do with his likeness on a 2nd attempt.

I think even if I were objective on the subject there wouldn't be enough wrong with this figure to be a put-off from buying it. That said I'd welcome a new one to see what they could do with his likeness on a 2nd attempt.

Someone said "No Chance" when I asked about a new T-1000 when I first started posting. I really don't see why there would be no chance. They are still making T-800 figures. Plus, the T-1000 is Iconic enough to be part of the DX line.

Someone said "No Chance" when I asked about a new T-1000 when I first started posting. I really don't see why there would be no chance. They are still making T-800 figures. Plus, the T-1000 is Iconic enough to be part of the DX line.

Well I doubt they'll do a new one. T-1000 is less popular and thusly RP's likeness is less scrutinised by fans than Arnie's is. For this reason this figure's sculpt has always been 'good enough' for most people - as it has been for me these few years. Just as time goes on I'm noticing things off about it. But I think HT is more likely to agree with the majority that it doesn't need redoing.

Plus, the T-1000 is Iconic enough to be part of the DX line.

No, sadly this is not the case. Just like all the DC fanboys throwing around the DX Bane speculation, the T-1000 isn't in the same bracket as Batman, Joker, Batman, Joker, Batman, Joker or the T-800. I'd love to be wrong - despite the MMS set coming with everything but the kitchen sink, there'd still a fair bit of scope to serve up another version. Whether it's DX or MMS I'm not fussed.

We never did get that fully split head. I remember us all speculating that it might come as a pack-in with some other figure much like how the donut head came with the doll-hair Sarah Connor. Of course back then we didn't expect HT to take a big hiatus with the line.

When the donut head was announced, I was stressing to find a loose one on ebay.

I found one and had it displayed untill now.

Wanted to change look and decided to try the motorpolice uniform.

Now I prefer this look above all :)

Back