Hot Toys Millenium Falcon Cockpit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the Jawa thread I think I'm going to selectively ban some members from this thread once the price is revealed...

29446995.jpg

Very cool but I'm not sure it's good way to display the figures at all. Hopefully they'll keep going with other environments.

That's what I'm thinking also, cool piece but of something I would care to display my figs with or in for that matter

11538990_10152924867847344_8472203382255807007_o.jpg

What a piece of junk!
It's almost like there's nothing Hot Toys can't tackle. Creating something like this and making it available as an option to your SW Heroes... Imagine it in a darkened room, like a home theater room, with the cockpit lit up... Wow! I'm thinking it's gonna be $600.

I am constantly blown away by this "small" company. Imagine if they were to bring one of their Expo setups to SDCC -- with their life size statues and elaborate displays, giant hulkbusters, the models, the giveaways, the holo-projectors and fancy A/V setups, etc. Their booth would rival the big billion dollar movie studios.

I'm sure Sideshow will be there with their same old dusty black drapes covering a few square pedestals.

It's almost like there's nothing Hot Toys can't tackle. Creating something like this and making it available as an option to your SW Heroes... Imagine it in a darkened room, like a home theater room, with the cockpit lit up... Wow! I'm thinking it's gonna be $600.

I am constantly blown away by this "small" company. Imagine if they were to bring one of their Expo setups to SDCC -- with their life size statues and elaborate displays, giant hulkbusters, the models, the giveaways, the holo-projectors and fancy A/V setups, etc. Their booth would rival the big billion dollar movie studios.

I'm sure Sideshow will be there with their same old dusty black drapes covering a few square pedestals.

HT is on the verge of evolution. The Star Wars line was the perfect catalyst for that. The Falcon's cockpit is just the beginning.

The future is very bright.

x-wing1-6_zpsb77212bf.jpg

Very awesome but like others I just can't imagine getting this. I'm sure it'll be crazy expensive and will take up too much space. Plus as cool an idea as it is I don't think I'd want to keep my figures sitting in the cockpit and would rather pose them.

If anybody goes to SDCC can you take a good look and share approximate measurements for this piece? I'm making a display cabinet for my collection and it'd be awesome if this could fit inside. If I had to guess I'd say it's going to be like Yoda's hut at 50x50x50cm

HT is on the verge of evolution. The Star Wars line was the perfect catalyst for that. The Falcon's cockpit is just the beginning.

The future is very bright.

x-wing1-6_zpsb77212bf.jpg
Thats not 1/6 scale. 1/6 scale would be about 7' long and 7' wing to wing. Thats probably 1/10 at best.

I seriously question that's to scale, it looks quite wonky. Even if it is How many people have room for a single item that's close to 7' x 7'? Not to mention something that would likely be a 5k+

I think it'd be cool if they did some kind of environment from the Death Star. Possibly the cell where Leia is held captive or the spot where One-Wan and Vader duel. I could see myself displaying something like one of those more as they'd seem like more natural backdrops that would complement the figures. This is really cool but seems like it would limit display options.

Very awesome but like others I just can't imagine getting this. I'm sure it'll be crazy expensive and will take up too much space. Plus as cool an idea as it is I don't think I'd want to keep my figures sitting in the cockpit and would rather pose them.

If someone hopes to put this in their cabinet, then no, it probably isn't for them. I'm sure a lot of people will come up with some cool, creative ways to display this.

Now when I think of the way Hot Toys did those cool expo shows when Avengers 2 came out -- what the heck will they do when Force Awakens comes out? They'll probably have full size figures, full size droids, AT-ST walkers, etc., and some of the cast showing up for photo ops. I BET they get at least a few photos of Mark Hamill checking out his own Hot Toys figure!

I seriously question that's to scale, it looks quite wonky. Even if it is How many people have room for a single item that's close to 7' x 7'? Not to mention something that would likely be a 5k+

Neither of those are done correctly scaled at any size. And not 1/6. I've had this convo with him before. He seems to think not only this but a 1/6 Milleniim falcon are possibly as well. Crazy.

The xwing is 12.5meters long. About. 1/6 would be 6ft 8ish long. 9 foot wide. With the wings in X mode it would be 14 feet high. Would cost 3500 min if they sold a lot. Probably closer to the 5k mark like this gentleman(or lady) said.

I don't know why youake the jump from --they areaking diorama pieces to next is full space ships in massive size--I don't get it. They have been leaning into the diorama area for sometime now. And after the batman armory they opted to go all in on diorama/set/display type pieces. They think it's the next major trend. I agree myself.

I would expect more dio pieces going forward. And the occasional full vehicle. But not many. The sales on things like the time machine and batmobile have been ok. But not so good that it's worth the added risk and time. But the diorama stuff hase been very well received in Asia and is picking up steam elsewhere. I could see a speeder bike maybe. That's in the same vein as the power loader.

But I'd expect more things like this cockpit, and the death star duel chamber with vader, and the trash compactor (not full sets but sections)..things in that area

Back